Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nasa car number stickers???

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 01:59 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Nasa car number stickers???

Well my car runs now, so it's time to start thinking about all the little stuff. What are the requirements for car number stickers???

Randy
Old 04-13-2010, 02:15 PM
Kubs
Le Mans Master

Received 1,753 Likes on 941 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Numbers have to be at least 10" tall and class letters 4". I know you need number and class on both sides and possibly the back, but I dont think it has to be on the front.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:20 PM
BuckeyeZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Kubs
Numbers have to be at least 10" tall and class letters 4". I know you need number and class on both sides and possibly the back, but I dont think it has to be on the front.
Numbers on all four ends, class designations on both sides.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:32 PM
stairman
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

18.1.1 Car Numbers and Class Designation
The vehicle must exhibit its assigned car number and class designation on both sides,
front, and rear of the car. The competitor is required, in most classes, to use NASA
provided car numbers and backgrounds for the sides. The competitor should consult
their specific class rules. If no car number requirements are listed, or NASA is
temporarily unable to provide numbers, then the following requirements shall be met:
NASA provided backgrounds shall not be altered.
The side numbers must be at least ten (10) inches tall with a one and a half (1.5) inch
stroke and be of a contrasting color. The front and/or rear numbers, and class
designatrions must be at least three (3) four (4) inches tall. The distance between the
numbers shall be as wide as the stroke of the numbers. No metallic numbers having
iridescent and/or reflective properties are allowed. Reflective numbers for night driving
is highly recommended and may be required at some events. No wood-grain numbers
are allowed. No numbers that blend in with the car’s graphics, and/or are difficult to
distinguish are allowed. Car numbers and class designations must be legible and
readable at speed.
18.1.2 Advertisements And Graphics
Advertising and graphics may be used on the vehicles provided they are in good taste
and do not interfere with the required identification marks or conflict with any series’
sponsors. All competition vehicles are required to prominently display at least four
NASA decals: one (1) on the front of the car, and one (1) on each side and one (1) on
the rear. This applies to all race classes except certain guest groups, and any other
race classes designated by the Regional Director.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:40 PM
PA Z06
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Dave Farmer can make some pretty cool numbers.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:42 PM
Kubs
Le Mans Master

Received 1,753 Likes on 941 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by stairman
18.1.1 Car Numbers and Class Designation
The vehicle must exhibit its assigned car number and class designation on both sides,
front, and rear of the car. The competitor is required, in most classes, to use NASA
provided car numbers and backgrounds for the sides. The competitor should consult
their specific class rules. If no car number requirements are listed, or NASA is
temporarily unable to provide numbers, then the following requirements shall be met:
The side numbers must be at least ten (10) inches tall with a one and a half (1.5) inch
stroke and be of a contrasting color. The front and/or rear numbers, and class
designatrions must be at least three (3) four (4) inches tall. The distance between the
numbers shall be as wide as the stroke of the numbers. No metallic numbers having
iridescent and/or reflective properties are allowed. Reflective numbers for night driving
is highly recommended and may be required at some events. No wood-grain numbers
are allowed. No numbers that blend in with the car’s graphics, and/or are difficult to
distinguish are allowed. Car numbers and class designations must be legible and
readable at speed.
18.1.2 Advertisements And Graphics
Advertising and graphics may be used on the vehicles provided they are in good taste
and do not interfere with the required identification marks or conflict with any series’
sponsors. All competition vehicles are required to prominently display at least four
NASA decals: one (1) on the front of the car, and one (1) on each side and one (1) on
the rear. This applies to all race classes except certain guest groups, and any other
race classes designated by the Regional Director.
Is that for W2W or TT or both? I ended up having numbers on all four sides just cause I thought it looked cool.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:28 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Running ST classes, I didn't see anything about this.

Randy
Old 04-13-2010, 04:06 PM
stairman
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy@DRM

Running ST classes, I didn't see anything about this.

Randy

Randy
go to that section of the general rules, a lot of that is marked out but did not copy and paste well. you do need numbers and class all 4 side along with your nasa stickers, and hoosier stickers if you want tires.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:20 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by stairman
Randy
go to that section of the general rules, a lot of that is marked out but did not copy and paste well. you do need numbers and class all 4 side along with your nasa stickers, and hoosier stickers if you want tires.
Done, thank you!!! I skipped over that area in the rules I got my Hossier package in the mail on Saturday. Time to learn how to run the needle and thread

Randy

Get notified of new replies

To Nasa car number stickers???

Quick Reply: Nasa car number stickers???