Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TMPS sensor delete question

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 11:01 PM
catwood
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TMPS sensor delete question

If I get wheels without them will the car go into limp mod or just have a light on the dash?

2001 Zo6

TIA

Carl
Old 04-14-2010, 11:24 PM
darguy
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My understanding is that for C5's they make no difference, and for C6's they do. I ran with malfunctioning rear sensors for 1.5 years on my 99 without any codes or lack of active handling/comp mode/traction control/abs. Just the warning on the display.

Old 04-14-2010, 11:34 PM
catwood
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by darguy
My understanding is that for C5's they make no difference, and for C6's they do. I ran with malfunctioning rear sensors for 1.5 years on my 99 without any codes or lack of active handling/comp mode/traction control/abs. Just the warning on the display.

cool thanks. I'm new to the vette word and am not used to all these electronic aids.

I just want to mod and track the car
Old 04-14-2010, 11:54 PM
GettReal
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I havent had TPMs in my car for years. You will occasionally get a message on the DIC that indicates no readings... but nothing happens to the car... you can just press reset and they will go away for awhile until the computer realizes again they arent sending info. No big deal though... enjoy
Old 04-15-2010, 12:20 AM
joemoia
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

production C5 Z06's were delivered without the TPM system activated. Production tires were Goodyear F1 Super Car (non-runflat) & the wheels had no sensors installed. The TPMS could be activated by an owner using a tech 2 to activate the system and installing sensors on the wheels.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:46 AM
Pylons
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

on a C6, you will eventually get to a point where you can no longer turn off both active handling and traction control...you'll only be able to turn off traction control

Get notified of new replies

To TMPS sensor delete question

Quick Reply: TMPS sensor delete question