Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track car issue..Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 06:35 PM
02impactblue
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Track car issue..Please help!

Has anyone had this code pop up P1575? I was at Summit Point this weekend and with 5mins to go in my last session the car started acting weird. It felt like I was dragging an anchor around at high rpms. My shift points were way later and the car was reluctant to rev. Straight away speed was down by 25mph. I pitted and could find any thing obvious going on the only codes were P1575 Extended Travel Brake Switch Circuit High Voltage and U1160 LDCM communication error. Any idea what could cause this?
Old 04-20-2010, 12:15 AM
aspeters
Advanced

I'm bad at diagnostics but good with google searching - esp for a local buddy. Best thing I could find...from a Formula SAE site:

B7.3.1 A brake pedal over-travel switch must be installed on the car. This switch must be installed so that in the event of brake system failure such that the brake pedal over travels, the switch will be activated and will stop the engine from running. This switch must kill the ignition and cut the power to any electrical fuel pumps.

Didn't even know we had such a thing...otherwise great but windy weekend, eh?

-Andy
Black '92 #18
Old 04-20-2010, 05:42 PM
02impactblue
Pro

Thanks Andy,

It's always a good weekend when its spent at the track!!

Get notified of new replies

To Track car issue..Please help!

Quick Reply: Track car issue..Please help!