Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CTS-V owner looking for track day/HPDE with other V owners. (Philadelphia area)

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 01:50 PM
1k rider
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CTS-V owner looking for track day/HPDE with other V owners. (Philadelphia area)

I'm a long time performance guy who recently had the pleasure of meeting a new friend who is interested in doing his 1st track day.

I suggested joining here and at Corvette Forum to find other CTS-V owners to do the events with because in addition to sharing many of the same parts, many CTS-V owners own Corvettes as well.

Please post information in this thread of upcoming HPDE events where he and other V owners can meet up.

Thank you.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:34 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

There's a CTS-V track day at Summit Point on June 28th. I've never been as it always conflicts with the NCM event at VIR.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:32 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,103 Likes on 717 Posts

Mr. Adam Boca, member of National Corvette Museum staff, road course racer extrordinaire has a CTS-V in his stable at this time. Your friend can reach him at the museum.

Also, check out 10/10ths motorsports web site for times and dates of HPDE's. All types of cars to be found at those events. Different run groups with instructors available for first timers to experienced.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:11 PM
JimbeauZ06
Burning Brakes

Riesentoter PCA has an HPDE coming up at Pocono North May 15&16. I'm a PCA member but track my C5Z (we have several members who have 'vettes as track cars) and all are welcome. Last I checked we still had room in all run-groups. Next event is in June at NJMP.

For more info:
http://www.rtr-pca.org/AG/

To register:
http://www.rtr-pca.motorsportreg.com/
Old 04-25-2010, 08:36 PM
blkz
Pro

Check out the PCA event at Watkins Glen in May. Even has a Lambo signed up .
Old 04-25-2010, 09:44 PM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,803 Likes on 1,143 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Producer

Originally Posted by Poor-sha
There's a CTS-V track day at Summit Point on June 28th.
I would suggest watching the schedule for Summit Point's "Friday at the Track", as opposed to the "V" Day put on by Lindsay Cadillac. I understand the desire to share the track with other CTS-V owners. Without speaking ill of the "V" Day... let's just say there are much better run events out there.

Summit's FATT website can be seen here.

Is this a new CTS-V or one from the previous generation? If new, be prepared for potential differential overheating issues, if the car is pushed on the track.

jas
Old 04-26-2010, 03:37 PM
PA Z06
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

There is a private event at NJMP on May 5th, there are still spots available.

Get notified of new replies

To CTS-V owner looking for track day/HPDE with other V owners. (Philadelphia area)

Quick Reply: CTS-V owner looking for track day/HPDE with other V owners. (Philadelphia area)