Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F1 in Austin, TX 2012!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 06:47 PM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Tintin
I think that you will find that building 3-4 miles of road , some garages and spectator seating is a pretty easy accomplishment in 2 years if you have the money.
The key phrase: "if you have the money".

And, if you think that a purpose-built F1 race course is simply 3-4 miles of road, some garages and some bleachers, think again. Not in this game. A Formula One track is a design, engineering, and construction challenge.

hopefully the organisers have a piece of Bernie-vision.

Yeah, right.

...and try to be positive about the outcome...
I don't think anyone *wants* this to do anything but be wildly successful. But watching this soap opera being played out all around the planet for the past 3 decades has made a lot of us sceptical as heck.

With NO American team or driver involved and a stunning lack of interest on the part of the teams and drivers to "PR" their sport to the general public (somewhat understandably, I must say) what happens is that for the first couple of years the stands are packed just from the curiosity and community pride angle. But F1 racing is a sport that requires thought and attention and an appreciation of strategy (both short and long term.) These features are not generally things that the American sports fan appreciates very deeply. So, after those first couple of years the attendance starts to drop off...

No one would like to see this work more than I would. But I'll have my doubts until more questions are answered and we can see real, timely progress being made.

Z//
Old 05-26-2010, 08:07 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Two years for construction Wait till they need permits and anti-racing throws road blocks all over it. I hope it goes through.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:51 PM
Tintin
Cartoon Character
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zoxxo

And, if you think that a purpose-built F1 race course is simply 3-4 miles of road, some garages and some bleachers, think again. Not in this game. A Formula One track is a design, engineering, and construction challenge.

Z//
Why would it not occur to you that the design is probably already completed? These things are not that difficult to build at all as long as you are not some third world backwater that is trying to impress the world with your new found wealth. Why do you suppose that the location has not been announced? Maybe because the group would like to complete the aquisition of the peripheral land to resell to developers of hotels and other amusements?

You are a very negative person obviously who is not happy that California wasn't the choice. These guys went to a place that has a far more business friendly and I think that you will find that they will not have to screw around for 2 years doing impact studies and the like that they would in other places. Sometimes "Good Ole Boy" politics are a good thing. I doubt you could even erect the garages at any track in California in two years because of the obstructionist NIMBY attitude of the residents. In Texas you will find that not to be the case methinks...

As others have said, an open track there would be wonderful. Good luck to the organisers. There are very few American drivers in IndyCar, but the get a lot of people out to the Memorial Day race just the same. You have almost 400 million North American people in flying distance of the race. It doesn't take a big percentage to fill a place up.

Evidently you have a lot of free time to form your opiniated responses Zoxxo, I would suggest that you might think a bit about the time that must have been spent by the organisers. If the State Comptroller has been pushing this for a year, be sure that this has been going on for about three.

I still think it is a great thing. When is the City Limits happening? I would bet that it will be close by on the calendar in October
Old 05-26-2010, 11:58 PM
2000BSME
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Why would it not occur to you that the design is probably already completed? These things are not that difficult to build at all as long as you are not some third world backwater that is trying to impress the world with your new found wealth. Why do you suppose that the location has not been announced? Maybe because the group would like to complete the aquisition of the peripheral land to resell to developers of hotels and other amusements?

You are a very negative person obviously who is not happy that California wasn't the choice. These guys went to a place that has a far more business friendly and I think that you will find that they will not have to screw around for 2 years doing impact studies and the like that they would in other places. Sometimes "Good Ole Boy" politics are a good thing. I doubt you could even erect the garages at any track in California in two years because of the obstructionist NIMBY attitude of the residents. In Texas you will find that not to be the case methinks...

As others have said, an open track there would be wonderful. Good luck to the organisers. There are very few American drivers in IndyCar, but the get a lot of people out to the Memorial Day race just the same. You have almost 400 million North American people in flying distance of the race. It doesn't take a big percentage to fill a place up.

Evidently you have a lot of free time to form your opiniated responses Zoxxo, I would suggest that you might think a bit about the time that must have been spent by the organisers. If the State Comptroller has been pushing this for a year, be sure that this has been going on for about three.

I still think it is a great thing. When is the City Limits happening? I would bet that it will be close by on the calendar in October

You get 'im tintin.

Been a while since I remember seeing you post, but I do remember you're like me, you like to argue.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:22 AM
joemoia
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Site for Austin USGP track selected

http://www.artesianews.com/2010/05/2...us-grand-prix/
Old 05-27-2010, 02:48 AM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Why would it not occur to you that the design is probably already completed?
It's not. From today (May 26) on Autoweek.com

"Tilke [the designer] ... is looking for office space in the city from which to base the project." Translation = "it's not designed yet"

Why do you suppose that the location has not been announced? Maybe because the group would like to complete the aquisition of the peripheral land to resell to developers of hotels and other amusements?
Nope. It hadn't been announced because "the group" was BSing the media (why?) They announced this evening that they DO have the land after just yesterday saying that they didn't have the land. Whatever.

You are a very negative person obviously who is not happy that California wasn't the choice.
You're actually making this some Texas vs. California thing? Really? I'm being negative because I'm not all confetti and party hats about it? Yes, you're right. You're on to me! The last decade of my life has been dedicated to the proposition that the USGP *has* to be in California.

As others have said, an open track there would be wonderful. Good luck to the organisers.
I said exactly that. See posting #13 in this thread.

Evidently you have a lot of free time to form your opiniated responses
Yes, I do try to think about what I say before I say it. And my guess would be that at least 50% of the postings on the Corvette Forum are opinions.

I would suggest that you might think a bit about the time that must have been spent by the organisers. If the State Comptroller has been pushing this for a year, be sure that this has been going on for about three.
As someone who has built several successful businesses over my lifetime (all but one of them here in California, btw) I am quite aware of what it takes. As an architect I'm also very aware of what goes into the design and development of construction projects like this.

I still think it is a great thing.
SO DO I!!

But I'm not gonna be all Pollyana about the real world issues that they face just because it bothers you. I am *far* from being the only sceptical person about this project. (sceptical = "denotes a questioning attitude, or some degree of doubt regarding claims that are elsewhere taken for granted.") Several folks here have voiced scepticism about it and the rest of the planet is doing so, too.

You clearly are not a Formula One fan and have not followed these stories for years and years like some of us have. Trust me, there is good reason for scepticism here.

Now back to my Norman Vincent Peale book.

Z//
Old 05-27-2010, 06:24 AM
Feffman
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Now the bad news. I sure hope it's a better design then his last few tracks.

Feff

Tilke To Design New Austin Circuit

By Jonathan Noble
Thursday, May 27th 2010, 07:55 GMT

The new Austin Formula 1 track, which will host the American Grand Prix from 2012, is to be designed by Hermann Tilke, race organisers have announced.

Shortly after revealing its 10-year deal to hold the US event, Austin race promoters Full Throttle Productions have now earmarked a site for the circuit and confirmed that Tilke will be involved.

The exact location of the venue has not been disclosed, but Tavo Hellmund, managing partner of Full Throttle Productions, was quoted as saying by the Associated Press that its was 'more than 700 acres.'

Hellmund also ended speculation about who would design the track by confirming that F1 regular Tilke, the man behind track designs at Istanbul, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Shanghai, and Sepang, will be involved.

Race promoters said the track would be "one of the finest permanent road course facilities in the world. Fans should expect the craftsmanship Tilke is famous for, with a priority placed on green building and a track similar to the great grand prix tracks of previous generations."
Old 05-27-2010, 08:44 AM
efranzen
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

There is some good information on Adam Coopers F1 Blog site about land already being purchased and some permitting done, Tikle doing the design and what they want the track to resemble. There is also some background information on the guy putting this together.

http://adamcooperf1.com/2010/05/26/t...ady-purchased/
Old 05-27-2010, 02:17 PM
aggie_corvette
Racer

More info from the Austin paper.

http://www.statesman.com/news/local/...ys-711472.html

some things to note:
"The first thing that Bernie (Ecclestone) says is that you can forget about making money. The best you can hope for is to break even," Straus said.

"A letter sent on April 7 to Ecclestone and signed by Gov. Rick Perry, Comptroller Susan Combs and Hellmund promises $25 million per year in state support for the race from the state's Major Event Trust Fund. "

And on a similar note:
"according to projections the comptroller's office said it anticipates paying local communities in North Texas about $27 million for costs they will incur hosting next year's Super Bowl. "

As discussed in the article. TX HWY 130 is the loop around Austin and TX HWY 45 is the very southern part of that loop. Trust me, there is NOTHING but pasture in that part of Austin. Some rancher(s) are going to make a ton of money selling their land.
Copy these coordinates into google maps: 30.091972,-97.678362

As a Houston resident i am optimistic but still skeptical.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:44 PM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Originally Posted by aggie_corvette
As discussed in the article. TX HWY 130 is the loop around Austin and TX HWY 45 is the very southern part of that loop. Trust me, there is NOTHING but pasture in that part of Austin.
Autoweek's article says:

"Although Hellmund has yet to divulge details, he said that the site is to the east of Austin, a few miles from the airport, apparently in hilly countryside that has provided Tilke with a good starting point for a design."

It is what it is

Z//
Old 05-27-2010, 04:12 PM
joemoia
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by aggie_corvette
More info from the Austin paper.

[url]As discussed in the article. TX HWY 130 is the loop around Austin and TX HWY 45 is the very southern part of that loop. Trust me, there is NOTHING but pasture in that part of Austin. Some rancher(s) are going to make a ton of money selling their land.
Copy these coordinates into google maps: 30.091972,-97.678362

As a Houston resident i am optimistic but still skeptical.
The Adam Cooper blog and also an autoweek article today reports that Helmund said the land has been purchased and water/waste permits granted. If so, this should be verifiable thru public records, no?
Old 05-27-2010, 05:58 PM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

A little bit more on the track:

http://www.itv-f1.com/news_article.aspx?id=48503

"Richard Suttle Jr., an attorney for Full Throttle Productions of Austin, the group behind bringing the race here, [said that] it's 'a safe assumption' that the land for the racetrack lies along the Texas 130 corridor."

Average high temp in Austin in June = 91 degrees. That might be a tad toasty for some but for the F1 folks it would seem like nothing after a week in Malaysia

Fingers crossed.

Z//
Old 06-03-2010, 12:59 AM
joemoia
Melting Slicks

Texas taxpayers to Pay Bernie for 1st race:

http://www.statesman.com/news/texas-...ll-721621.html
Old 06-03-2010, 01:33 AM
LeMans05C6
Pro

I will be at this event some way some how. Ive always wanted to see F1, and i live in the DFW area, its gotta be possible.

I don't even know what seats for something like that run. I have 2 years to save i guess.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:24 AM
1991Z07
Safety Car

Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts

Well, where to start...

The reason Tilke is looking for office space is they site manage their projects. They design and manage the entire build process. For you (Zoxxo) to ASSume that they have not even started the design yet is pretty comical. The promoters have been working on this since before F1 went to Indy. Bernie has known Tavo since he was born. That was our "inside line" to getting an F1 venue. The location was also of prime interest.

Zoxxo, you say you are an architect, so you know that if they plan to open in 2012, they are not going to get it done if they are just starting a plan. You also know that a firm like Tilke manages their projects and would need to have office space located there to do so...just like they have in every other one they have done. So why are you so negative about it? Why must you assume they have not started a plan? I'm not all rosie about it, as I know there will be hurdles to overcome. But I'm not negative about it.

As for people moaning about Tilke's designs, he has 4 of the fastest F1 circuits in his list, and most of his designs are driver favorites. I have no doubt he'll have a great one for us as well.

Tavo has (repeatedly) said that he has secured PRIVATE funding for the track (and 700 acres of land). Nobody is saying that this will be easy. Two years from breaking ground to filling stands is going to be tight. There will be a lot of 24 x 7 work being done to get it finished, but as others have said we have less tree huggers here and we have the right to carry concealed weapons

I can see some of the site confusion with the announcements, but I agree that there might have been ulterior motives in the secrecy. Getting closings done on peripheral property would be my best guess as to why they didn't immediately let the cat out of the bag. Can't blame them for wanting to buy additional land at the lowest price possible, can you?

I've talked to someone somewhat close in that said they have also been working on IMSA (for ALL of their series - ALMS, Patron GT3 Challenge, Cooper Tires Prototype Lites, Star Mazda Championship and Cooper Tires Atlantic Championship) Grand-Am, Speed GT, Indycar and NASCAR to use the facility for events. If these come to fruition, then it will be far more than a 1 race per year venue (just as all the other F1 tracks are). And with that kind of facility, teams will locate near it for use as well.

I don't think I'd hold my breath waiting to drive a club event on it though...track rental is gonna be well beyond most budgets for amateur racing.

Currently, Austin has about ten 4 & 5-star hotels. I'm sure that number will easily double now that a venue is coming to fill rooms.

Besides what others have already said about the positives of Austin, we are CENTRALLY located in the continental US. DFW is a 45 minute flight. We have 2 major airports to fly into (Austin and San Antonio). San Antonio Airport is undergoing a major expansion, and should be finished next year. It will be about 1 hour from the track.

We have a beautiful city. We have great attractions for night life. I would hazard a guess that when F1 is in town, they'll schedule one of the music festivals around it as well. Just a guess, but it's what I would do.

I'm hopeful they can pull it off. I hope they covered their a$$es in their contract with Bernie. Ten years is a long time...it might not be perfect in 2012 but it WILL get better. Getting the skeleton done (track and track-related facilities) will be priority one. Bleachers and fan-related projects will be next. It will be a HUGE money pit for the first few years. Way more money going into it than they make out of it. If they get the other racing series to come, then the prospects are looking really good for a long-term track facility here. One can only hope they manage their cash-flow well and take care of the track surface...it has been the downfall of more than one track. Investors sucking the profits out and not re-investing in the infrastructure...track goes to hell and the series races stop coming.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:41 PM
ysb02
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Rumors are putting it at 130/i35. There's hardly anything on 130 though so it could be anywhere on the SE side.

Austin is the 15th largest city in the US, Houston is 4th (2 hours away), Dallas is 8th (3-4 hours away), Forth Worth is 18th (same dist as Dallas) and San Antonio is 7th (less than 2 hours away). Lots of big cities within a decent distance with large airports. If you were going to build a new track to rent out it makes for a great location. Northies can drive down, swap out the snow tires, and do some racing in December.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:16 AM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 1991Z07
Well, where to start...

The reason Tilke is looking for office space is they site manage their projects. They design and manage the entire build process. For you (Zoxxo) to ASSume that they have not even started the design yet is pretty comical. The promoters have been working on this since before F1 went to Indy. Bernie has known Tavo since he was born. That was our "inside line" to getting an F1 venue. The location was also of prime interest.

Zoxxo, you say you are an architect, so you know that if they plan to open in 2012, they are not going to get it done if they are just starting a plan. You also know that a firm like Tilke manages their projects and would need to have office space located there to do so...just like they have in every other one they have done. So why are you so negative about it? Why must you assume they have not started a plan? I'm not all rosie about it, as I know there will be hurdles to overcome. But I'm not negative about it.
What's comical is the ASSumption that because a press release appears on Bernie's web site that all is hunky dory, all the ducks are aligned, and that the HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS needed to make this all work have been accounted for and that the little-known promoter is someone capable of managing all this.

You criticise me for ASSuming things not in evidence and then criticize me for NOT assuming things not in evidence. Until we're told for a fact that Tilke has already designed the track (which we still have not been, btw - "there is a master plan") then my ASSumption is just as valid as yours.

Yes, I am an architect. Yes, I know that it will take more than two years. That was my point. One might ASSume that they were ahead of the game but it would just be an educated guess, wouldn't it? And no, I don't know how Tilke does his act. Why would I? For all I know he stays at the local Hilton hotel or rents a house and flies in and out of the place as needed. That's an ASSumption on your part - that I 'know' how Tilke does his business. I don't. I know how a few big name architects do their thing but not Tilke.

Given the world of Formula One, the recent history of new venues (see Donington & South Korea,) the current economic situation, the near impossibility of finding sponsors for racing in the U.S. that's non-NASCAR (and even then...), it's a fair position to be sceptical (NOT negative) about this thing.

I have said several times that I am in favor of this. Let me say it once again - I AM IN FAVOR OF THIS. My wife and I and some friends are already discussing how we're going to attend the race. I want this to come off. I really do. I think it would be great. I'm just sceptical for the time being. More power to them if they make it work. (I'm less sceptical of them having race #1 than I am of them having race #5,6,7,8, etc. btw.)

As for Tavo being known to Bernie, no doubt that played a role here and that's decidedly a plus. But don't forget that Bernie would throw his grandmother under a bus in a quick second if he thought it would benefit CVC Capital Partners' bottom line.

Z//

Get notified of new replies

To F1 in Austin, TX 2012!!

Old 06-05-2010, 12:48 PM
1991Z07
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Zoxxo
What's comical is the ASSumption that because a press release appears on Bernie's web site that all is hunky dory, all the ducks are aligned, and that the HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS needed to make this all work have been accounted for and that the little-known promoter is someone capable of managing all this.

You criticise me for ASSuming things not in evidence and then criticize me for NOT assuming things not in evidence. Until we're told for a fact that Tilke has already designed the track (which we still have not been, btw - "there is a master plan") then my ASSumption is just as valid as yours.

Yes, I am an architect. Yes, I know that it will take more than two years. That was my point. One might ASSume that they were ahead of the game but it would just be an educated guess, wouldn't it? And no, I don't know how Tilke does his act. Why would I? For all I know he stays at the local Hilton hotel or rents a house and flies in and out of the place as needed. That's an ASSumption on your part - that I 'know' how Tilke does his business. I don't. I know how a few big name architects do their thing but not Tilke.

Given the world of Formula One, the recent history of new venues (see Donington & South Korea,) the current economic situation, the near impossibility of finding sponsors for racing in the U.S. that's non-NASCAR (and even then...), it's a fair position to be sceptical (NOT negative) about this thing.

I have said several times that I am in favor of this. Let me say it once again - I AM IN FAVOR OF THIS. My wife and I and some friends are already discussing how we're going to attend the race. I want this to come off. I really do. I think it would be great. I'm just sceptical for the time being. More power to them if they make it work. (I'm less sceptical of them having race #1 than I am of them having race #5,6,7,8, etc. btw.)

As for Tavo being known to Bernie, no doubt that played a role here and that's decidedly a plus. But don't forget that Bernie would throw his grandmother under a bus in a quick second if he thought it would benefit CVC Capital Partners' bottom line.

Z//
Wow...you are a real piece of work.

There have been other sources of information besides Bernie's site. I guess you didn't see Bob Varsha's phone interview with Tavo. There have also been local news interviews with him. Other sources I have personally spoken with have been involved with this for quite some time.

To quote the Austin Business Journal...
If an ambitious plan to bring the Formula One U.S. Grand Prix to Austin materializes despite doubts, the race will have a very significant impact on the local technology scene, while bringing some of the most powerful people in business to the Texas capital.

Two of Austin’s highest-profile business tenants, Freescale Semiconductor Inc. and Advanced Micro Devices Inc., have deep ties to Formula One, as does IBM Inc., which has major Austin-area operations.

Meanwhile, a local developer who showed the grand prix organizers East Austin land in 2008 for a mega complex said Austin race mastermind Tavo Hellmund planned for a mixed-use development that would incorporate clean-tech and high-performance research and development hubs, plus office and hospitality development.

Pete Dwyer, owner and president of Dwyer Realty Cos., said Hellmund told him F1 racing is moving towards electric power in the future, and Hellmund envisioned a master development centered around the track that would hold high-performance battery and fuel cell researchers.
Your "sponsors" are already here...in force. Freescale, AMD and IBM have all been in F1 for years, and now we'll have a race in their back yard.

Notice the date of when they were being shown property for this endeavor...2008. They've been working on this for a while, like the interview with Bob Varsha showed. It's been in the works since before they decided to pull F1 from Indy.

Obviously your love for Bernie clouds anything Formula 1 does as sinister.

Go ahead...Be a cynic...be hateful.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:30 PM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 1991Z07
Wow...you are a real piece of work.
Why? Because I don't live in Texas so I'm not all full of "Woohoo! We're having an F1 race here!"??

I've said (and reiterated several times ) that I am in favor of the race. I've had to explain at least twice now the difference between "sceptical" and "negative" (something some folks seem to have real trouble with.)

There have been other sources of information besides Bernie's site. I guess you didn't see Bob Varsha's phone interview with Tavo.
I saw it. I went out of my way to see it. Pretty disappointing, really. Not much info that we didn't already have except for the (hopeful) news that he is leading Tilke to build a "fast & european" race track (fingers crossed.)

By the way, in the same show, just prior to the phone interview, both Matchett and Hobbs expressed *scepticism* about this. I guess you didn't notice that.

There have also been local news interviews with him. Other sources I have personally spoken with have been involved with this for quite some time.

To quote the Austin Business Journal...Your "sponsors" are already here...in force. Freescale, AMD and IBM have all been in F1 for years, and now we'll have a race in their back yard.

Notice the date of when they were being shown property for this endeavor...2008. They've been working on this for a while, like the interview with Bob Varsha showed. It's been in the works since before they decided to pull F1 from Indy.
I don't regularly read the Austin news web sites so their critical analyses will escape my attention.

I notice that you omitted the FIRST LINE of that story:

"If an ambitious plan to bring the Formula One U.S. Grand Prix to Austin materializes despite doubts..."

A sponsor is an entity that ponies up MONEY to help pay for the enterprise. Having an office in Texas doesn't mean you're a sponsor. It means that you are a *potential* sponsor.

Obviously your love for Bernie clouds anything Formula 1 does as sinister.
Huh? Obviously? I have no love for Bernie (I am hardly alone in this) but F1 itself is rarely sinister. Often quite incompetent but rarely sinister.

Go ahead...Be a cynic...be hateful.
A "cynic" is defined as "someone who is critical of the motives of others." Just how has anything I've said in this topic addressed anyones' motives?

All that I have said from day one is that it's easy to make promises and press releases while it's something else altogether to make it actually happen. I hope they do. Really. Just why you can't fathom or accept that someone else might have a different take on all this than you do is beyond me. And my take on this is shared by lots and lots of people in the racing world around the planet - including F1 folks.

http://motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=369895&FS=F1

http://motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=371012&FS=F1

And here, my friend, is some overt scepticism by the EDITORS of the Austin Statesman!
http://www.statesman.com/opinion/for...ay-715449.html

And now I'm being "hateful" as well? Really? While you have the dictionary out, look up "hate". Then see if you can honestly apply it to anything I've said. Then look up "hyperbole". And "myopic".

Here's some news you might find interesting

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20100602/F1/100609964

Z//

Last edited by Zoxxo; 06-05-2010 at 06:58 PM.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:10 PM
1991Z07
Safety Car

That's OK...everyone was pretty skeptical when Tony George said they were going to bring F1 to Indianapolis too...

We all know what happened...it came, and they hosted it for 8 years (2000-2007) with some of the largest F1 crowds recorded (according to your links).

I plan on being in prime seats in June 2012 in AUSTIN for their inaugural F1 race...hope to see you all here.

P.S. Did you also notice in one of your links that they didn't start construction on the Korean GP course until last year? And they have a race there in a few months? So...it CAN be done in 2 years, it just isn't optimal. Three years is a better timetable.

Last edited by 1991Z07; 06-05-2010 at 05:32 PM.

Quick Reply: F1 in Austin, TX 2012!!