Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C4 ABS Issues with Wilwood Calipers

Old 06-08-2010, 07:23 PM
0Todd TCE
Former Vendor

Received 110 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Aardwolf
What would be the best way to do this? I removed my ABS and plumbed the system together by the ABS pump. I would like to redo the lines at some point and have adjustable bias.
Ideally you'll want only one line to the rear. Twin set ups are too much of a hassle and harder to adjust if you use a ****. ***** are more fine to adjust than the lever, levers are quicker to change if need be.

Plumbing the system into the cockpit is nice but more work. Leaving it under the hood is simpler but won't allow 'on the fly' change. But...once done it's not likely to be changed a lot other than rain conditions either.

None of it is "hard" it just as hard as you want to make it.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:46 PM
1991Z07
Safety Car

Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Aardwolf
What would be the best way to do this? I removed my ABS and plumbed the system together by the ABS pump. I would like to redo the lines at some point and have adjustable bias.
If you are redoing the braking system completely, a Wilwood dual master cylinder system is the way to go. They have a "balance bar" in their system, and you can get one of these...

It's a cable-actuated proportioning adjustment. Put it inside within reach, and you can adjust it on the fly when doing long sessions.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:45 AM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Well I showed up for work today and Doug's 1994 chevy truck was in the shop for emergency repairs. The same problem that Daniel is having. We are under the impression that the wheel speed sensors are bad.

Randy
Old 06-09-2010, 06:25 PM
Daniel_Mc
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

Thanks for all the replies guys; I will let you know what I discover. I know this set up works I have seen it on several C4 ZR1's and the owners love the results. I just have something off somewhere with this set up/car now I just have to find it (probably something incredibly simple or easy… I hope).

Randy,
I will start tracing everything back and see where that gets me, I still have another set of ABS sensors I can swap them around and see if that changes things at all. When I changed out the first (original) set it did not change anything. If nothing works I may just remove the ABS but IDK as of now. BTW Get your C5 sorted!!!! LOL you’re going to run out of summer before you know it…

Daniel
Old 06-09-2010, 06:41 PM
Aardwolf
Race Director

Received 367 Likes on 303 Posts

I remember reading about resetting the error codes in the ABS computer. Could try that. Also test the lateral accelerometer.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C4 ABS Issues with Wilwood Calipers