Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Show me your CCW C10's on your C5's

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 09:10 PM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Received 179 Likes on 99 Posts

Default Show me your CCW C10's on your C5's

Guys:

I don't have any pics of C10's on C5's. I am considering them in the future.

Please let me know the rim and tire sizes your running also.

Show me what you got.....

This is the only pic I could find.

Thanks !
Toque
Old 06-26-2010, 02:53 AM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

That's my car with my old track wheels. 11" front and 12" rears. hoosier 295/315. I have a set of street wheels just like that, but 10" front and 11" rear. 275/295. I'm actually going to be selling my street rears in the next few months to upgrade to wider ones as I plan on installing wider rear fenders. The shotpeened finish with the grey anodizing you see there is the absolute lowest maintenance wheel I have ever had. I hate cleaning wheels and these ones always look good.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:04 AM
tjZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by trackboss
That's my car with my old track wheels. 11" front and 12" rears. hoosier 295/315. I have a set of street wheels just like that, but 10" front and 11" rear. 275/295. I'm actually going to be selling my street rears in the next few months to upgrade to wider ones as I plan on installing wider rear fenders. The shotpeened finish with the grey anodizing you see there is the absolute lowest maintenance wheel I have ever had. I hate cleaning wheels and these ones always look good.
Are you selling the 10/11"s?

-TJ
Old 06-26-2010, 03:43 AM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Thank you very much for the information. They look GREAT on your car.

Do you have pictures of your car with the 10/11 setup ? I would love to see how they might look on my Z06.

What is the anodized coating like ? Smooth finish ? Rough finish ? Stronger than painted finish CCW offers ? I'm debating between Silver, and Grey... not sure yet.

What are the weight of the 10/11 wheels ? I'm looking for a light weight wheel setup.

Thanks !
Toque
Old 06-26-2010, 04:02 AM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

I would rather sell just the 11" rears. I prefer 10" front for street use. My ideal scenario would be to sell just the rears and throw in the nearly new GY GSD3's for free. However, my track wheels are 3 piece so I could re-size them for street use and purchase a brand new set of C10's for the track then sell these as a whole set. That would require me to spend a few hundred dollars though.
I don't have any photos of the 10/11 setup. They look the same, but fit better. The tires don't stick out. They are perfect.
The finish is shotpeened. Not rough like a casting. Think of a golf ball surface, but with thousands of smooth, much smaller than normal, dimples. The anodizing I really dig. That combo just makes the wheels very easy to maintain. They never look dirty and are easy to clean. The smooth finish and black powdercoat look great as well, but that the powdercoat will scratch, especially if scrubbing off brake dust. Of course anodize can scratch, but I think with this combo in particular it would take a lot to show.
I've weighed the wheels, but don't remember exactly. Something like 21lbs depending on size.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:54 AM
Toque
Tech Contributor

I would rather sell just the 11" rears. I prefer 10" front for street use. My ideal scenario would be to sell just the rears and throw in the nearly new GY GSD3's for free. However, my track wheels are 3 piece so I could re-size them for street use and purchase a brand new set of C10's for the track then sell these as a whole set. That would require me to spend a few hundred dollars though.
I don't have any photos of the 10/11 setup. They look the same, but fit better. The tires don't stick out. They are perfect.
The finish is shotpeened. Not rough like a casting. Think of a golf ball surface, but with thousands of smooth, much smaller than normal, dimples. The anodizing I really dig. That combo just makes the wheels very easy to maintain. They never look dirty and are easy to clean. The smooth finish and black powdercoat look great as well, but that the powdercoat will scratch, especially if scrubbing off brake dust. Of course anodize can scratch, but I think with this combo in particular it would take a lot to show.
I've weighed the wheels, but don't remember exactly. Something like 21lbs depending on size.
Thanks for your time on this !
I have a set of CCW SP500's (19/19) that I'm wanting to trade with someone for a set of C10's (18/18). If I can't find anyone to trade then I will be selling my SP500's around tax time next year to get a set of C10's (10/11). I hope I can find some pics to determine if I like the Silver or Grey more.

There is no lip on the 10 or the 11 rim right ?

Thanks again !
Toque

Old 06-26-2010, 12:02 PM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

It doesn't look like you're overwhelmed with photos of the C5 with C10s so I'll post a couple pics of my C6. These shot-peened finish C10 wheels are 11 x 18 all-around running Kumho 710's...315 in the rear and 305's in the front. I tubbed the rear wheel wells so I'm getting 12 x 18 C10 rear wheels to run with 345 tires. I know its not what you are looking for but I hope the photos are of some help.

Old 06-26-2010, 12:52 PM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Wayne O
It doesn't look like you're overwhelmed with photos of the C5 with C10s so I'll post a couple pics of my C6. These shot-peened finish C10 wheels are 11 x 18 all-around running Kumho 710's...315 in the rear and 305's in the front. I tubbed the rear wheel wells so I'm getting 12 x 18 C10 rear wheels to run with 345 tires. I know its not what you are looking for but I hope the photos are of some help.
Very nice ! Thanks for your input. The silver ones look really nice also. I see there is no lip on your wheels. Whats your impression with the weight of them. Let me ask another way... do you notice any performance characteristics change when you go from your C10's to your SP16's ? Or vise versa ... How do you like the finish ?

Thanks guys !
Toque
Old 06-26-2010, 05:48 PM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Trackboss:

Wife gave me the thumbs up on getting these wheels. Got to get approval from the boss...

You say that you went with :
Front 18x10 with 275/35/18.
Rear 18x11 with 295/35/18.

Why not go with the 9.5" front rim to save weight ? Why the 10" ? I'm considering the front 9.5" since the 275/35/18 will fit on it fine. Is there a reason you went with 10" ?

I'm still going back and forth on Silver or Grey... Painted or Anodized ...
Not sure what would look better on my Machine Silver Z06.

Thanks again !
Toque
Old 06-26-2010, 05:56 PM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

Yes, street car 10" front and 11" rear. I suppose you could go 9.5" if you like. A 10" is more appropriate for the tire size. With a narrower wheel you could add more backspacing and reduce scrub if you have a need to.
Only the 12" and up have a lip on the outer edge as far as I know. In general you want wheels with as much backspacing as possible. In particular up front to keep the scrub as low as possible. That always minimizes any lip on the outside. The lip often times looks better, but is a disadvantate in performance because of the above.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:12 PM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Yes, street car 10" front and 11" rear. I suppose you could go 9.5" if you like. A 10" is more appropriate for the tire size. With a narrower wheel you could add more backspacing and reduce scrub if you have a need to.
Only the 12" and up have a lip on the outer edge as far as I know. In general you want wheels with as much backspacing as possible. In particular up front to keep the scrub as low as possible. That always minimizes any lip on the outside. The lip often times looks better, but is a disadvantate in performance because of the above.
Thanks.

Not sure what "scrub" is though.
Do you find that your 10/11 tires+wheels on the front and back are perfectly even with the fenderwell ? I would like them all even... not sticking out, or sticking in. I might go with the 10" if you say all 4 wheels are perfectly even with the fender wells.

Thanks again ! (sorry for asking so many Q's :o)
Toque
Old 06-27-2010, 02:46 AM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

They are perfect. If you can search and find the back spacing of the C5 Z06 wheels, which are 9.5" wide, I can tell you whether mine have .5" added to the inside, outside, or .25" per side.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:00 PM
CaliSun
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Toque
Trackboss:

Wife gave me the thumbs up on getting these wheels. Got to get approval from the boss...

You say that you went with :
Front 18x10 with 275/35/18.
Rear 18x11 with 295/35/18.

Why not go with the 9.5" front rim to save weight ? Why the 10" ? I'm considering the front 9.5" since the 275/35/18 will fit on it fine. Is there a reason you went with 10" ?

I'm still going back and forth on Silver or Grey... Painted or Anodized ...
Not sure what would look better on my Machine Silver Z06.

Thanks again !
Toque
I have an 08 C6 Coupe and just ordered a set of C10's from Brad at CCW - given the car color, he thought the anodized with the clear bright finish would look great and I agreed

If you go to ccwheel.com and look at the corvette C10 pics, there's a red one with this finish, and I think it will match machine silver perfectly. I think chrome tends to detract from this particular silver (but looks great on the reds, blues, yellows). Just my opinion tho!

I'll post pics when they're in.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:24 PM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by CaliSun
I have an 08 C6 Coupe and just ordered a set of C10's from Brad at CCW - given the car color, he thought the anodized with the clear bright finish would look great and I agreed

If you go to ccwheel.com and look at the corvette C10 pics, there's a red one with this finish, and I think it will match machine silver perfectly. I think chrome tends to detract from this particular silver (but looks great on the reds, blues, yellows). Just my opinion tho!

I'll post pics when they're in.
Thanks ! I appreciate that !
Yea i am not into chrome at all....

I was looking at there site and I agree with you. I'm leaning towards the Anodized with the clear bright finish.

However, I also noticed that they offer a Brushed Clear finish on some of there other Corsair wheels. I emailed them about this finish on a C10. This would look sweet I think... I have always been a fan of brushed finishes on wheels.

Toque
Old 06-27-2010, 02:09 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They are perfect. If you can search and find the back spacing of the C5 Z06 wheels, which are 9.5" wide, I can tell you whether mine have .5" added to the inside, outside, or .25" per side.
C5Z 17x9.5, 54mm offset, 7.2" backspacing
C5Z 18x10.5, 58mm offset, 7.9" backspacing

FWIW:

C6 non-Z 18x8.5, 58mm, 6.53" backspacing
C6 non-Z 19x10, 79mm, 8.11" backspacing
Old 06-27-2010, 07:07 PM
Git Er Dun
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just bough the C10's in 18X11 front and 18X13 rear (I have 2" flared rear fenders) so that I can run a 315 front and 335 rear. I will post pictures later tonight or tomorrow when I get time. I went with the shotpeened black since my car is black. They look great and look like they will not show dust very much which is what I wanted. I have only test fit the rear with the car in the air and that's the only picture so far but I will still post it when I get time.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:48 PM
CaliSun
Instructor

Originally Posted by Toque
Thanks ! I appreciate that !
Yea i am not into chrome at all....

I was looking at there site and I agree with you. I'm leaning towards the Anodized with the clear bright finish.

However, I also noticed that they offer a Brushed Clear finish on some of there other Corsair wheels. I emailed them about this finish on a C10. This would look sweet I think... I have always been a fan of brushed finishes on wheels.

Toque
So I just spoke with Brad at CCW about the brushed vs clear bright anodized finish, and the anodized are a lot brighter than the brushed (not sure if that was what you're going for though). Also I'm sure you found out that they don't do the C10's brushed - sorry!! But I think the clear bright is super sharp

Will definitely post pics when mine come in!

Get notified of new replies

To Show me your CCW C10's on your C5's

Old 06-28-2010, 06:48 PM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by CaliSun
So I just spoke with Brad at CCW about the brushed vs clear bright anodized finish, and the anodized are a lot brighter than the brushed (not sure if that was what you're going for though). Also I'm sure you found out that they don't do the C10's brushed - sorry!! But I think the clear bright is super sharp

Will definitely post pics when mine come in!
Thanks !
Just because its not on there web site as an option does not always mean they can't do it though.... You would be surprised at the different setups I have heard about on the forum.

Toque
Old 06-28-2010, 09:45 PM
gmccreary
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd give my left nut for a set of those.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:32 PM
Miraculix
Instructor

Here you go

There's loads of pictures of the blue C5Z here:
http://www.autolife.se/page/42585/?CarPageId=28263

-

Last edited by Miraculix; 06-29-2010 at 01:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Show me your CCW C10's on your C5's