Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel Spacer Question: Front AND Rear?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 08:53 AM
Zenak
Terminal Vette Addict
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Wheel Spacer Question: Front AND Rear?

I want to BBK the fronts. OEM the rears.

Do I need to spacer both in order to make this happen and keep symmetry or can I just spacer the fronts?
Will I need the longer ARP studs to do this in the hubs for a CCW classic? Fiske?
Old 08-02-2010, 09:13 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Originally Posted by Zenak

I want to BBK the fronts. OEM the rears.

Do I need to spacer both in order to make this happen and keep symmetry or can I just spacer the fronts?
Will I need the longer ARP studs to do this in the hubs for a CCW classic? Fiske?
If you go with less than 1/4 inch you will not need longer studs. You would only need to add a spacer to the front if you are only going with bbk for the front.

My 17inch classics have very little clearance and need a spacer. I did replace the centers on 1 set of classics and it looks like there is more clearance now but never tried without the spacer. I run wilwood bbk
Old 08-02-2010, 03:18 PM
Zenak
Terminal Vette Addict
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Wicked Weasel @ ECS
If you go with less than 1/4 inch you will not need longer studs. You would only need to add a spacer to the front if you are only going with bbk for the front.

My 17inch classics have very little clearance and need a spacer. I did replace the centers on 1 set of classics and it looks like there is more clearance now but never tried without the spacer. I run wilwood bbk
Wilwood SL6? How's the heat on those?
Stock rotor sizes?
Which rotors?
Old 08-02-2010, 04:16 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 711 Likes on 492 Posts

I'd never run 1/4" spacer without longer studs.........1/8" only gives you about 5-6 threads!
Old 08-02-2010, 05:57 PM
geerookie
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by davidfarmer
I'd never run 1/4" spacer without longer studs.........1/8" only gives you about 5-6 threads!

Not to mention the added strength since you will be applying more leverage, even if it is only a little bit.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:51 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Stock rotor sizes?
Which rotors?
They work great but depending on the compound you will need ducts. You can run Hardbar rotors, NAPA or Stoptech. Anything really that matches OEM. You need a big spacer with the classics and longer studs. Spacer is .750" or .850
Old 08-02-2010, 07:25 PM
dbratten
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Yes and no on the longer studs. If you're talking about OEM studs then, yes, you need to run longer studs as the last 1/4" of the stud is not threaded. If you have fully threaded standard length studs (DRM for instance) you'll be ok.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:59 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Though my C6 vert will not see huge track time and maybe not even race tires I put better studs on to run the 3/16th spacers I needed to clear the BBK and wheels I had at the time.

I have a set for the rear though no spacers needed and a full set for my TT car to install and no spacers will be used. For the time and cost, ARP studs might be a very very affordable investment

Rick
Old 08-03-2010, 04:12 AM
longdaddy
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Stock rotor sizes?
Which rotors?
do anything you can to get away from stock C5 rotor sizes. I would honestly run stock C6Z PBR crap setup over anything in C5 size even if it has bazillion dollar caliper on it.

oh yes, I am a proud owner of SL-6 system with OEM sized rotors.

Last edited by longdaddy; 08-03-2010 at 04:14 AM.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:29 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Stock rotor sizes?
Which rotors?
I have sl6 with wilwood 2 pc rotors stock size. If I didn't have my wheels already I would have moved up to the next size rotor but already owning 4 sets of ccw I was not going to change.

I have no issues with stopping and the ww are easy to work on. Just would like the rotors to last longer.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:26 AM
geerookie
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wicked Weasel @ ECS
I have sl6 with wilwood 2 pc rotors stock size. If I didn't have my wheels already I would have moved up to the next size rotor but already owning 4 sets of ccw I was not going to change.

I have no issues with stopping and the ww are easy to work on. Just would like the rotors to last longer.
Talk to Gary about rotors. He has two styles that are stock diameter.
He has the new AP ones and then he has the ones I run. I don't know if he ever made the rotors and hats I have an official part but he does/can make them and I know there are one or two other guys running the same setup I have.

Get notified of new replies

To Wheel Spacer Question: Front AND Rear?

Quick Reply: Wheel Spacer Question: Front AND Rear?