Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Active Handling not really turning off!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 11:09 AM
RUN4CVR
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 29 Posts

Default Active Handling not really turning off!

I posted this in the C6 Tech section, but then realized most guys have probably never turned off their traction control, so I decided to repost it here for the more experienced crew.

A little background: 2007 C6 Z06 with about 20K miles. Normally do 6-9 DE events per season. I've had the following occur at two different tracks. Thanks in advance for the feedback:

I use my Z06 for DE days a few times a year. I've been driving in Competitive Mode since I started using the car but lately have been comfortable enough to turn all the Active and Traction Controls off to try to find the edge of both my skill and the car.

So with all the controls turned off I did a few laps at Monticello this weekend. To my surprise when the car got loose, the Active Handling starts kicking in and straightening the car!

I even have a short clip of video where you can see it working over time. I'll try to post later.

And yes, I am positive the Active Handling is turned off...it says it in the display but then gets overridden by the system anyway. I did a few more laps where I tested it on purpose and even on the wet track the car still wouldn't do what i wanted.

Any thoughts?
Old 08-03-2010, 11:25 AM
Katech_Zach
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 966 Likes on 528 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by RUN4CVR
I posted this in the C6 Tech section, but then realized most guys have probably never turned off their traction control, so I decided to repost it here for the more experienced crew.

A little background: 2007 C6 Z06 with about 20K miles. Normally do 6-9 DE events per season. I've had the following occur at two different tracks. Thanks in advance for the feedback:

I use my Z06 for DE days a few times a year. I've been driving in Competitive Mode since I started using the car but lately have been comfortable enough to turn all the Active and Traction Controls off to try to find the edge of both my skill and the car.

So with all the controls turned off I did a few laps at Monticello this weekend. To my surprise when the car got loose, the Active Handling starts kicking in and straightening the car!

I even have a short clip of video where you can see it working over time. I'll try to post later.

And yes, I am positive the Active Handling is turned off...it says it in the display but then gets overridden by the system anyway. I did a few more laps where I tested it on purpose and even on the wet track the car still wouldn't do what i wanted.

Any thoughts?
To turn it completely off you need to hold down the button for (I think) 10 seconds.

(e) zach@katechengines.com
Old 08-03-2010, 11:34 AM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep if you just select off, it only turn off traction control (I think). You do need to hold down for 10 seconds.

I personally just leave it in Comp mode and hardly have issues.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:40 AM
RUN4CVR
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 29 Posts

Aha! Thanks guys, I'll give it a shot.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:06 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

may have to have a tuner change the A/H parameters.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:27 PM
Lawdogg
Safety Car

Received 210 Likes on 91 Posts

Like I've been reminded many times, "the owner's manual is your best friend."
Old 08-03-2010, 06:56 PM
DRUGschnorr
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

About 10 seconds will turn off ALL traction control and active handeling.. yet ABS is retained...
Old 08-03-2010, 07:04 PM
the blur
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

Sounds like you should leave it on.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:43 PM
shifter77
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Front hub sensors staying open.

Get notified of new replies

To Active Handling not really turning off!

Quick Reply: Active Handling not really turning off!