Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NASA - Texas??

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 05:07 PM
LeMans05C6
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NASA - Texas??

How are the numbers down here in this region. I am looking to go to the Eagles Canyon on Oct 2nd-3rd to partake in a NASA event. I have been running with a texas HPDE program but not a national one like NASA.

Just curious how the HPDE events are for NASA. Do you really get 8 sessions over a weekend as they say and how much track time do you get. It would be my first time to Eagles Canyon but I am feeling pretty confortable with my car. I could probably do HPDE2 with an instructor in my car to help me get familiar with the track. HPDE1 seems to be described as for your first time on a race track, but i could be wrong and fit right in there.

Just wondering the turn out for the Texas regional events as i would eventually like to look into PTA after i get up to time trials. Trying to keep my C6 mostly stock if I can to stay in PTA since it will be cheaper then joining the ST ranks for a while.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:25 PM
yakisoba
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As a time trial guy in NASA, I can tell you that the DE usually run in two groups: 1&2 and 3&4. They are not generally on track at the same time, but if there are not enough to make two groups, they do go together. You do get four 20 minute sessions a day.

PTA is wheel to wheel racing. You would have to put a six point cage in your car, which makes it tough to daily drive. Time Trial A is very competitive now. We'd love to have you.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:55 PM
96CollectorSport
Melting Slicks

Location: If you don't weigh in you don't wrestle Road America
Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Typically HPDE1 and HPDE2 run together, the differance is that HPDE2 drivers don't need an instructor. If it's your first time running with NASA (and the first time running that track HPDE1 will be fine). You will get your HPDE Passport, which will show your progress through the ranks. More than likely you will move from 1 to 2 over the weekend, the next time you run with NASA you go from 2 to 3, as long as you complete the objectives of each run group.

Personally I love having an instructor at a new track, you get up to speed quicker and have more of the weekend working on putting in quality laps.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:40 PM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 283 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by LeMans05C6
How are the numbers down here in this region. I am looking to go to the Eagles Canyon on Oct 2nd-3rd to partake in a NASA event. I have been running with a texas HPDE program but not a national one like NASA.

Just curious how the HPDE events are for NASA. Do you really get 8 sessions over a weekend as they say and how much track time do you get. It would be my first time to Eagles Canyon but I am feeling pretty confortable with my car. I could probably do HPDE2 with an instructor in my car to help me get familiar with the track. HPDE1 seems to be described as for your first time on a race track, but i could be wrong and fit right in there.

Just wondering the turn out for the Texas regional events as i would eventually like to look into PTA after i get up to time trials. Trying to keep my C6 mostly stock if I can to stay in PTA since it will be cheaper then joining the ST ranks for a while.
Eagles Canyon is located in a pretty, and cheap area. However, the track is basically four (4) drag strips connectyed by their return roads, therefore it is VERY hard on Brakes!!! you need to ensure that your brakes have fresh RACE pads, good fluid, and COOLING!

Get notified of new replies

To NASA - Texas??

Quick Reply: NASA - Texas??