Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone going to SCCA RUN-OFFS as a spectator???

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 04:50 PM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Anyone going to SCCA RUN-OFFS as a spectator???

I am coming up as a one man team to race in T1, my regular crew will not be able to make it.

So, I am wondering if there was anyone local that was planning on being there to watch and would want to help work stop watches for qualifying, Spot, etc. I would be willing to feed you and supply cold ones at the end of the day.

I will have the Kumho Tires Motorsports Semi with the 16X53' awning, A/C lounge and all the goodies to relax in style. I have 5 sets of radio's/headsets so if there were extra people for spotters that would be cool too.

I am on a shoe-string budget so any help would be greatly appreciated. Kumho has been gracious enough to let me borrow the semi and the rest is on me, I may have to pick up a few more side jobs to pay for all this but were gonna wing it.

T1 schedule is this.

http://www.scca.org/documents/Club_E...ule_8.4.10.pdf

Qualify

Mon- 9-20 5pm
Wed- 9-22 10am
Thurs- 9-23 2pm

Race

Sunday 8:30

If anyone is interested, contact me so I can plan ahead. Looking forward to my first Run-Offs and meeting a lot of T1 guys I have never met or ran with before.

Aaron Quine
Old 08-09-2010, 05:34 PM
BuckeyeZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

Aaron,

I may be able to help you.

Some of the OTC students may be coming up to help out with my T3 effort. If one comes, I am sure more will follow.

They love to watch th Viper run, so they can man the stop watches when you and I are out on the track.

Just a thought...
Old 08-09-2010, 05:34 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I maybe there for the weekend. Not the week day thing If I do make it, it would be great to help out the one man band in a semi.

Randy
Old 08-09-2010, 05:55 PM
RX7 KLR
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rasrboy
I am coming up as a one man team to race in T1, my regular crew will not be able to make it.

So, I am wondering if there was anyone local that was planning on being there to watch and would want to help work stop watches for qualifying, Spot, etc. I would be willing to feed you and supply cold ones at the end of the day.

I will have the Kumho Tires Motorsports Semi with the 16X53' awning, A/C lounge and all the goodies to relax in style. I have 5 sets of radio's/headsets so if there were extra people for spotters that would be cool too.

I am on a shoe-string budget so any help would be greatly appreciated. Kumho has been gracious enough to let me borrow the semi and the rest is on me, I may have to pick up a few more side jobs to pay for all this but were gonna wing it.

If anyone is interested, contact me so I can plan ahead. Looking forward to my first Run-Offs and meeting a lot of T1 guys I have never met or ran with before.

Aaron Quine
I can feel you pain on the budget... We are still trying to figure out how to pay for our ride. We thought it would be easy to find west coast guys that did not want to tow, but right now we only have two cars in it, and a very large bill to pay. See you there.

Old 08-09-2010, 06:40 PM
autoxer6
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I only live 20 min away from RA but work 9-5 ish. I may be able to help Monday and Race day. I'll check with the schdule and get back to you.

Last edited by autoxer6; 08-09-2010 at 06:44 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:42 PM
96CollectorSport
Melting Slicks

Location: If you don't weigh in you don't wrestle Road America
Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Aaron,

Not sure how much I'll be out there but our shop is only 15 miles from RA, so if you do have anything go wrong feel free to give us a call. I'll be coming back from NASA Nationals so I may not be in until Wednesday. I'm sure I'll be out there sooner or later to say hi to Onks, Berkley and Buttermore. So I'll swing by and see if you need anything.

Joel
Old 08-09-2010, 07:02 PM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Chris,
I would say the monday, (First day of qualifying) would be 1st on my list for help. Being at 5:00pm, that would save someone a vacation day if they had to work and then bail out the back door early.

Joel, Your the man and hopefully I will not need your shop for anything but nice to know it's there.

Jason, That is one sweet looking rig buddy. I will keep my fingers crossed you get more cars to help offset the cost.

DP,
Thanks for anyone you can throw my way.

Randy,
Sounds great for the weekend if you can. I will put you on lead vocals.

This forum is filled with great people.

Aaron
Old 08-09-2010, 07:38 PM
Kubs
Le Mans Master

Received 1,753 Likes on 941 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Aaron

I happen to have that week off work already! Unfortunately, I will be in the Caribbean on my honeymoon. I want to hear about it when I get back though! I know you'll put on a good show!
Old 08-09-2010, 08:24 PM
timd38
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 162 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I can help on Saturday and Sunday and will take vacation on Friday if you need help.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:51 PM
bearnest
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow !! What kind of budget are you guy's on.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:30 PM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by timd38
I can help on Saturday and Sunday and will take vacation on Friday if you need help.

Tim,
Awesome, you are more than welcome to come hang with us friday and saturday but those are our OFF days and I will probably be bleeding brakes, changing oil, etc getting ready for Sunday mornings race.

There are other races going on friday and sat that are good ones to watch.

Friday: T3,STU,F500,SM,SSC,DSR,EP,ETC
Saturday: GT1,AS,T2,SSB,ETC
Sunday: T1,STO,ST,FV,FM,GT2,FC,GT3,SRF

All good stuff, you should make it a weekend.

I could also really use someone to SPOT at turn 5 for Sunday mornings race too.

The beer will be COLD!!

Mike,
Have a great time on your honeymoon, thanks buddy!
Old 08-09-2010, 10:05 PM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

If you just wanna swing by and say hi, that is great too. Here is where we are going to be parked.

South B
SPOT 711

Looks like a good chunk of the other T1 Corvette racers are parked in the UPPER paddock just a stones throw away.

Old 08-10-2010, 12:47 AM
SIK02SS
Melting Slicks

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by RX7 KLR
I can feel you pain on the budget... We are still trying to figure out how to pay for our ride. We thought it would be easy to find west coast guys that did not want to tow, but right now we only have two cars in it, and a very large bill to pay. See you there.

Jason, you need to start kicking Oli in the butt and get him to commit

Originally Posted by bearnest
Wow !! What kind of budget are you guy's on.
the kind that runs out fast when you see the expenses we incur on a weekend such as this

Good luck out there Aaron! Really wish I could make it this year, hopefully I'll see you next year!

OR; If you want to come have some Regional/National fun out West, we have a large garage here and 40' trailer a couple cars can fit in

Last edited by SIK02SS; 08-10-2010 at 12:53 AM.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:51 AM
66IISS
Racer

Like a lot of others I could lend a helping hand on the weekend, but the weekdays are going to be tight since I'm already taking a week off the week before to attend SOLO nationals. If you were a month earlier I'd be more than happy to help all week!
Old 08-10-2010, 02:29 AM
RX7 KLR
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SIK02SS
Jason, you need to start kicking Oli in the butt and get him to commit

I think he likes being a big fish in a small pond. No, I think even Oli is seeing how big of a hit the Runoffs can be on the budget... Making sure the car is 100%, stacks of fresh tires, test days, travel. Good lord what are we doing.

I have room for three T1 vettes, all of you fast SoPac guys should load up with us. Fly and drive like a rock star.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:25 AM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by RX7 KLR
I think he likes being a big fish in a small pond. No, I think even Oli is seeing how big of a hit the Runoffs can be on the budget... Making sure the car is 100%, stacks of fresh tires, test days, travel. Good lord what are we doing.

I have room for three T1 vettes, all of you fast SoPac guys should load up with us. Fly and drive like a rock star.
Oli & gang are more than welcome to put his car under our canopy, plus all his spares will fit in the semi for the week.

I'm trying!
Old 08-10-2010, 09:23 AM
L98Terror
Race Director

W. Detroit Events Coordinator
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VII Autocross Champ

When I read the beginning I was like maybe I could take a couple days off and help you out but then I read the schedule wholly painful Monday - Sunday. I could see me doing Run offs one year show up Sunday night run Qualifing on Monday go home work all week come back for the race Sunday back for work on Monday night.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone going to SCCA RUN-OFFS as a spectator???

Old 08-10-2010, 10:31 AM
Wren
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '03

Originally Posted by L98Terror
When I read the beginning I was like maybe I could take a couple days off and help you out but then I read the schedule wholly painful Monday - Sunday. I could see me doing Run offs one year show up Sunday night run Qualifing on Monday go home work all week come back for the race Sunday back for work on Monday night.
You only get to show up on Monday if you aren't serious. We are arriving Wednesday to start testing on Thursday and we would like to start on Tuesday. Our shock engineer is only available during test week. We are still working out how many sets of stickers it is going to take, but probably at least 7 sets.

I would love to help, but our race is Saturday and we are heading home as soon as it is over.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:35 AM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by L98Terror
That already crossed my mind! Show up monday, throw a few laps down and where we land is what it is. Go back home and work and return saturday night!

Crazy schedule for sure!
Old 08-10-2010, 03:50 PM
L98Terror
Race Director

W. Detroit Events Coordinator
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VII Autocross Champ

Originally Posted by Wren
You only get to show up on Monday if you aren't serious. We are arriving Wednesday to start testing on Thursday and we would like to start on Tuesday. Our shock engineer is only available during test week. We are still working out how many sets of stickers it is going to take, but probably at least 7 sets.

I would love to help, but our race is Saturday and we are heading home as soon as it is over.
Ohh! I'm serious and I haven't used 7 sets of stickers since I owned my car and that includes 2 National Championships (3 race classes and one TT)

Quick Reply: Anyone going to SCCA RUN-OFFS as a spectator???