Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone familiar with the Tracy C5's....

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 05:10 PM
stano
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone familiar with the Tracy C5's....

I'm seriously thinking about buying one of their C5 T-1 cars. I've heard they are very clean cars and well prepped. I'm looking at the black car that has a new motor, trans and clutch. The problem is that I live in Calif.

Mike has sent me a bunch of pictures and info and I've talked with him on the phone. I feel he's been very forthright with all information and a few people that I know that have raced with him say good things.

Can anyone else add to this to make me feel more comfortable?

If you need to Pm me please do. I don't want this to be anything other than a fact finding post.

I plan to run with NASA and SCCA as I get comfortable with my skills.

Thanks!

Last edited by stano; 08-12-2010 at 05:19 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:22 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Stano,

I know the Tracy's and they are stand up people. Their cars are beautiful and always maintained. I live very close to their shop and would be happy to personally go over there for you if you'd like a local opinion as of the moment.

Mike
Old 08-12-2010, 05:48 PM
stano
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Short-Throw
Stano,

I know the Tracy's and they are stand up people. Their cars are beautiful and always maintained. I live very close to their shop and would be happy to personally go over there for you if you'd like a local opinion as of the moment.

Mike
That would be awesome Mike and thanks for the offer!

P.S. See if you could get some free tires on the extra wheels for me would you

stano
Old 08-12-2010, 05:49 PM
dsanders
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stano,
I will also put in a good word in for the Tracy’s C5. I have raced them a bunch of times against their C5s and C6s. I have looked at their cars closely and are some of the best prepared cars I have seen out there. They are also some of the nicest people that I have meet and a very stand up guy.

Dave T1 #73
Old 08-12-2010, 06:18 PM
bearnest
Pro

I think I would look into who did his roll cage. I looked into one of his c5 before I bought my 911 track car. Good Luck. That is the same one I was interested in. I have heard that they are very nice people also.

Last edited by bearnest; 08-12-2010 at 06:21 PM. Reason: spel
Old 08-12-2010, 09:38 PM
PushinTheLimit
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the twin to the car I think you're looking at. I bought this one from Craig Dale who bought it from the Tracy's. If its anything like mine, its a well setup car and will make you a solid ride for racing. The Tracy's are standup guys... I was going to buy their C6 T1 car, but this one was too good to pass up.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:12 PM
BuckeyeZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

You can buy a Tracy-car sight-unseen with no worries.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:56 AM
clubracer6
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just visited their shop a few weeks ago to look at their cars...

I hesistate to post, because I am very interested in his cars as well. However, they are super nice guys - maybe the nicest in the paddock and I have to be fair. The cars are gorgeous and very well prepared. This is not a business for them, but a passion that runs very deep and not only for racing, but for Corvette's in general. If you saw their shop you would think they did this for a living. Their "hobby" garage is nicer than many of the professional race teams out there.

They also showed my Tracy Jr's car from the Road America wreck last year and it is truly a testament to their cage building that he survived.

I know the T1 market extremely well so if you want PM me and I can tell you a little more about what I know.

To bottom line this - you can trust the Tracey's at their word 110% and as yeah, you can buy them sight unseen.

Congrats on taking this to the next level! Exciting stuff!
Old 08-13-2010, 02:40 PM
Knucklehead Racing
Instructor

great guys. buy it. totally trustworthy.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone familiar with the Tracy C5's....

Quick Reply: Anyone familiar with the Tracy C5's....