Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stock Z06 pads out back which in front

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 08:19 PM
slow ride
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Default stock Z06 pads out back which in front

I've got a few sets of stock z pads and rotors left so I'm trying to run them till I need a different set. I don't think I want to run stock in front as my car is making 500+ rwhp and I'm afraid I'll really push them on the stright brake zones. It's my first HPDE, but I'm somewhat experianced with autox, etc. Car will be on nitto 555r2's

Questions can I run the stock front and deal with it? Otherwise I was going to run a ht-10, dtc60 or carbotech xp10 up front. Any thoughts? I don't mind using up the stock fronts (they are fresh) as they dust more than I want in a dd pad, but I also want to be able to stop and have fun in the car.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:58 PM
Aardwolf
Race Director

Received 371 Likes on 307 Posts

I HATED the Z06 pads at Road America. They are not a track pad. Besides the fade, they were used up in one event. I have HT-10 on my car now and they are do not modulate well. I like the Carbotech pads so I'd use the 10's or 12's. You can use the stock pads but you will have to take it easy, I didn't like that at all.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:39 PM
slow ride
Drifting

I guess I didn't think the stockers would fade out back. We are going next month so it will be a little cooler out if that helps. I don't think I'll trust the stock pads up front though. I've seen a few posts about mixing a decent front pad with the stock z pads out back so I was going to try it. Anyone have first hand experiance?
Old 08-15-2010, 09:47 PM
Aardwolf
Race Director

Received 371 Likes on 307 Posts

Yes, those rears in the back should be okay. You need to pay more attention to rear pad torque than heat range in my experience.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:14 PM
slow ride
Drifting

Thats what I was thinking also. Don't want the rear end passing the front We were thinking about a weekend at RA in october, but without a trailer I don't want to have problems so far from home. Not that I don't trust my engine mods, but they will be tested much more than they ever have been.

Last edited by slow ride; 08-15-2010 at 10:16 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:39 AM
Timz06
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would go ahead and use the stockers up, especially if you are new. Just don't go for max braking on any of the fast parts of the track. If you want to run something better in front, I would run carbotech xp8 with the stockers in the rear.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:45 AM
The Panther
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I used xp10 in front and Z06 in rear at Road Atlanta earlier this month on NT01s. I didn't have any problems with that combo but I don't try to out brake anyone so your results may vary. I usually use 10/8 combo but that was all I had.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:13 AM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 492 Likes on 419 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by slow ride
I've got a few sets of stock z pads and rotors left so I'm trying to run them till I need a different set. I don't think I want to run stock in front as my car is making 500+ rwhp and I'm afraid I'll really push them on the stright brake zones. It's my first HPDE, but I'm somewhat experianced with autox, etc. Car will be on nitto 555r2's

Questions can I run the stock front and deal with it? Otherwise I was going to run a ht-10, dtc60 or carbotech xp10 up front. Any thoughts? I don't mind using up the stock fronts (they are fresh) as they dust more than I want in a dd pad, but I also want to be able to stop and have fun in the car.
Give me a call 216-780-8825 I would start with Xp8 if it's your first HPDE. I Dont think its going to matter how much power you make. You will not be using all that power.

Get notified of new replies

To stock Z06 pads out back which in front

Quick Reply: stock Z06 pads out back which in front