Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Napa rotors for a C6Z

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 08:04 AM
TGiuliante
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Napa rotors for a C6Z

I want to purchase a set just as a back up to carry with me. Before I order does anyone know the part number on the fronts and rears for a C6Z?
Thanks
Old 08-18-2010, 11:00 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

Your best bet would be to buy from either GM Parts House, Parts Taxi or GMPartsDirect. A few weeks ago GMPartsDirect had the lowest price but they typically hammer you with a higher shipping/handling fee which usually makes them higher cost than the others. The NAPA rotors (fronts only) are going to cost more even if you get a discount. I checked with my local NAPA where I used to get a great deal on the C5 rotors and they couldn't come close to the forum vendors prices for OEM rotors. The other places can also suppply you with rear rotors which NAPA doesn't sell yet. I usually take 2 of each to the track with me.

Bill
Old 08-18-2010, 03:21 PM
rikhek
Safety Car

Received 860 Likes on 393 Posts

Rock Auto much cheaper than any of the vendors listed above.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:24 PM
Wah
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Is there a replacement rotor that's plain (not drilled, not slotted) ? Do rotors from Camaro SS fit C6Z ?
Old 08-18-2010, 10:58 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

Originally Posted by rikhek
Rock Auto much cheaper than any of the vendors listed above.
I just checked their price. Its about the same. A few weeks ago I got 4 OEM rotors from Parts Taxi for $352. The rotors were $79.02 Vs $80.89 for Rock Auto. GM Parts Direct is selling them for about $10 less but you have the higher shipping and handling charges with them.

With HP+ and Cobalt CSR pads I am getting between 6 to 8 track days out of a stock rotor.

Bill
Old 08-20-2010, 04:23 PM
0PartsTaxi.com
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
I just checked their price. Its about the same. A few weeks ago I got 4 OEM rotors from Parts Taxi for $352. The rotors were $79.02 Vs $80.89 for Rock Auto. GM Parts Direct is selling them for about $10 less but you have the higher shipping and handling charges with them.

With HP+ and Cobalt CSR pads I am getting between 6 to 8 track days out of a stock rotor.

Bill
Bill,
Thanks for your purchase and referal. That is a great looking avatar pic.
Kevin
www.PartsTaxi.com

Get notified of new replies

To Napa rotors for a C6Z

Quick Reply: Napa rotors for a C6Z