Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BIR Trans Am, Drag racing and fun this weekend (are you going???)

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 08:16 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default BIR Trans Am, Drag racing and fun this weekend (are you going???)

SCCA Trans Am racing this weekend! I will be up there for Sunday's race. I was going on Sat to help with Doug's vintage car, but plans changed so Sunday to watch the Trans Am boys battle it out. First time back in a long time. Drag racing will be also happening on the other side.

http://www.brainerdraceway.com/road-racing/scca.html

Hope to see some of you guys up there!!!

Randy
Old 09-03-2010, 08:57 PM
C5-vette
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Randy, yes, I plan on going Sunday. I will text you, because I know how much you like to text.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:03 AM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by C5-vette
Hi Randy, yes, I plan on going Sunday. I will text you, because I know how much you like to text.
Cool! Text and I will call you back

Randy
Old 09-04-2010, 02:24 AM
Git Er Dun
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got a Army buddies wedding in Milwaukee. Otherwise I would be there. Have fun! Take some pictures!
Old 09-05-2010, 01:12 PM
94ZR1#444
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy@DRM
SCCA Trans Am racing this weekend! I will be up there for Sunday's race. I was going on Sat to help with Doug's vintage car, but plans changed so Sunday to watch the Trans Am boys battle it out. First time back in a long time. Drag racing will be also happening on the other side.

http://www.brainerdraceway.com/road-racing/scca.html

Hope to see some of you guys up there!!!

Randy
I wish I had seen this earlier. I was at the gate this morning at 0800 and they wanted $20 to get in. I only had an hour or so so did not go in. Dang it.....
Old 09-05-2010, 08:27 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 94ZR1#444
I wish I had seen this earlier. I was at the gate this morning at 0800 and they wanted $20 to get in. I only had an hour or so so did not go in. Dang it.....
The worst part about it. I was at the gate at 8:30 and had one extra pit pass. Are you in town long?

Randy
Old 09-05-2010, 09:03 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

Only 8 cars?? Too bad. I may not stay to see them at VIR or Road Atlanta.

Jim
Old 09-05-2010, 09:59 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Painrace
Only 8 cars?? Too bad. I may not stay to see them at VIR or Road Atlanta.

Jim
Car counts were down, road racing and the drag racing. The TA cars of today are huge money, and they haven't been up here in 20 years. With those two factors in play, car counts are down Lots of big trailers without graphics, and little prize money is just icing on the cake. I think they get more cars in the SE races. And really it's worth it see the boys running hard. A 1:27 around BIR short is flying. They make it look easy. The power, grip and driver talent makes these trick machines fly. They did put on a show More passing then a F1 race.

Doug did a couple 1:44s which reset his vintage BIR track record, and won him the race People will read this and say. 1:44 isn't that fast around there. His car is 10 years older then me, and isn't that much different since it was raced back in the day. I fact you may have raced against it back in the 70s.

The FE cars were very cool to watch. Sure I have seen them at other cars in the past. But they really haven't been up here that much in the past 15 years. A 15 year old kid won the race, he drove a perfect race today and from what I hear a close 2nd yesterday.

The Pro SRF cars were hooked up and turning some quick laps time for a car making 100 horsepower In fact, I would have finished 3rd or 4th in their race The big track my 165 MPH car would have helped

75 degrees, partly cloudy and race gas in the air. Fine day for racing at BIR in Northern MN.

Randy
Old 09-05-2010, 10:17 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

going to be @ brainered next weekend. will be up there late thursday and heading back to sf later sunday after last sessions.

will have to try to meet up
Old 09-06-2010, 12:05 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by dvandentop
going to be @ brainered next weekend. will be up there late thursday and heading back to sf later sunday after last sessions.

will have to try to meet up
Next weekend is going to be tricky for me. Wedding anniversary, Wife's Birthday, local car show that we sponser, hunting, finishing up my car before the show.

Now my wife wants to go camping I got put in charge of parking all 500 cars for the show. And if I win this auction for firewood, I may have 8 cords of wood dropped off and needs stacking. Hopefully they will be able to drop it off without blocking my driveway My back already hurts thinking about it

Good thing I was up until 4am last night putting my garage back together after painting. Because it was a mess:o

Time to head to work until about 8-9pm Too many things to get done and not a lot of time.

Randy
Old 09-06-2010, 12:31 PM
Git Er Dun
Burning Brakes

David I too will not be able to make it up to BIR. A few locals and my Dad and I are all going to Autobahn Country Club for the NASA event. My C5 is coming along nicely but won't quite be done. My Dad and I will be trailering my C4 there and I will be running non-DOT slicks on the car. It should be a fun time! Good luck at BIR and have fun!
Old 09-06-2010, 01:47 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Old 09-06-2010, 02:29 PM
timd38
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 162 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

The Trans-Am is not what it use to be. The last one I went to were more like vintage races. Tony Ave took the field to school and drove away.

Vintage at Road America next weekend (along with the Glen) and the SCCA Run Offs at the end of the month.

Randy, are you going to be there selling parts?
Old 09-06-2010, 09:40 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

thanks for the pics looks like a great time
Old 09-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy@DRM
Car counts were down, road racing and the drag racing. The TA cars of today are huge money, and they haven't been up here in 20 years. With those two factors in play, car counts are down Lots of big trailers without graphics, and little prize money is just icing on the cake. I think they get more cars in the SE races. And really it's worth it see the boys running hard. A 1:27 around BIR short is flying. They make it look easy. The power, grip and driver talent makes these trick machines fly. They did put on a show More passing then a F1 race.

Doug did a couple 1:44s which reset his vintage BIR track record, and won him the race People will read this and say. 1:44 isn't that fast around there. His car is 10 years older then me, and isn't that much different since it was raced back in the day. I fact you may have raced against it back in the 70s.

The FE cars were very cool to watch. Sure I have seen them at other cars in the past. But they really haven't been up here that much in the past 15 years. A 15 year old kid won the race, he drove a perfect race today and from what I hear a close 2nd yesterday.

The Pro SRF cars were hooked up and turning some quick laps time for a car making 100 horsepower In fact, I would have finished 3rd or 4th in their race The big track my 165 MPH car would have helped

75 degrees, partly cloudy and race gas in the air. Fine day for racing at BIR in Northern MN.

Randy
I guarentee you if is his 70's car I raced against it. I will give you a report after seeing the TA cars next weekend. You have me looking forward to it again.

Thanks,

Jim
Old 09-06-2010, 10:59 PM
C5-vette
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for posting the pics Randy. Sorry I could not make it up there
Old 09-06-2010, 11:05 PM
Git Er Dun
Burning Brakes

Nice pics Randy. I love how the GT1 cars can just come apart in the pits so easily.

Get notified of new replies

To BIR Trans Am, Drag racing and fun this weekend (are you going???)

Quick Reply: BIR Trans Am, Drag racing and fun this weekend (are you going???)