Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bay State Corvette Club Autocross 9/12@ Devens

Old 09-05-2010, 01:53 PM
Fastguy
Team Owner

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'05

Default Bay State Corvette Club Autocross 9/12@ Devens

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...65ED10FEF319F0

9/12 and 10/2 and then that's it for the season for us! Slots still available.
Old 09-05-2010, 02:56 PM
naschmitz
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Not your ordinary Autocross

These are perfect events to learn and practice advanced car control skills, even for you HPDE guys. Since it is run at an abandonded airport, each run is almost two minutes long. 10-12 runs and plenty of speed to sort out your car without hitting any concrete barriers or tire walls when you drive over the limit.

Here you can safely practice what to do when you lose control of your car so if that ever happens at an HPDE it is a reflex that saves you and your car.

And they are lots of fun! Passengers and ride alongs with instructors are encouraged so you can learn and try new things. I attribute my lead in the COMSCC time trial series to the skills I learned running George's events.

Bert
Old 09-08-2010, 09:11 AM
renoops
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by naschmitz
These are perfect events to learn and practice advanced car control skills, even for you HPDE guys. Since it is run at an abandonded airport, each run is almost two minutes long. 10-12 runs and plenty of speed to sort out your car without hitting any concrete barriers or tire walls when you drive over the limit.

Here you can safely practice what to do when you lose control of your car so if that ever happens at an HPDE it is a reflex that saves you and your car.

And they are lots of fun! Passengers and ride alongs with instructors are encouraged so you can learn and try new things. I attribute my lead in the COMSCC time trial series to the skills I learned running George's events.

Bert
Attendance is pretty light so far, which is pretty disappointing, if you ask me.

This club has access to a crew of hardcore autocrossers, course designers and instructors. These guys know their stuff. Spending the day with them will not only be enjoyable, it make you faster no matter what platform you drive. You just have to have an open mind.

Speaking of which, maybe that's the problem. Is everyone here afraid of getting schooled by a Miata?

-J

2002 Z06

Last edited by renoops; 09-08-2010 at 09:17 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:57 PM
02SCvette
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Registration is closed according to the site. Any way I can still sign up for it? The weather is sounding better now.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:01 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 238 Likes on 166 Posts

Loueen & Larry stopped by with their black 86 C4 to check out the autocross yesterday, and were nice enough to forward some pictures they took to me.

I've uploaded them onto the club's site, enjoy!

http://s397.photobucket.com/albums/p...%2012%20Autox/

oh and...

Old 09-13-2010, 10:19 PM
MR Turco
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey! there i am!

Get notified of new replies

To Bay State Corvette Club Autocross 9/12@ Devens

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bay State Corvette Club Autocross 9/12@ Devens