Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Top Gear track day at VIR with TrackDaze

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 10:25 AM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Top Gear track day at VIR with TrackDaze

I just got an e-mail saying I was invited to participate in a track day with the Top Gear crew that is doing a taping of a show in September and they wanted to have track day cars attending for some sessions. I have instructed with Trackdaze, so I assume that is how I got my invite. Sounds like a really cool once in life opportunity (I am fan of the show).

I cannot logistically make it, but has anyone else here got an invite and is planning on going? Hopefully we get a decent showing of Vette's to show them how it is done in America

If anyone is going, let's us know how it goes and please take pics (and video).

Last edited by 95jersey; 09-08-2010 at 10:31 AM.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:27 AM
drivinhard
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

dates?
Old 09-08-2010, 10:32 AM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by drivinhard
dates?
Sept 15th
Old 09-08-2010, 11:01 AM
eogel
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Just received an email indicating VIR says that response to the invitation to be part of the Top Gear show has been overwhelming. They will make selections and notify those via email by the end of the week.

Ed
Old 09-08-2010, 11:13 AM
jaa1992
Le Mans Master

Location: Life is just one big track event. Everything before and after is prep and warm-up and cool-down laps GA
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by 95jersey
I just got an e-mail saying I was invited to participate in a track day with the Top Gear crew that is doing a taping of a show in September and they wanted to have track day cars attending for some sessions. I have instructed with Trackdaze, so I assume that is how I got my invite. Sounds like a really cool once in life opportunity (I am fan of the show).

I cannot logistically make it, but has anyone else here got an invite and is planning on going? Hopefully we get a decent showing of Vette's to show them how it is done in America

Haven't checked my email yet, but no way I could do a Wednesday, I'd have to take 3 days off work
Old 09-08-2010, 12:58 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

I can make Wed if they need an average joe to be on the track to make them look good. I will try to let them know.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:15 PM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,387 Likes on 742 Posts

I wonder if that's actually for the Top Gear USA show that they've been trying to get going for the last couple of years?
Old 09-08-2010, 02:46 PM
Z06cool
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got the email. Would be neat if I was local but 7.5 hours away for maybe 1 hour of free track time, I'll have to wait for my 5 ns of fame another time.

They also sent a follow-up email saying responses were overwhelming and would send email to those who got in.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:47 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Z06cool
Got the email. Would be neat if I was local but 7.5 hours away for maybe 1 hour of free track time, I'll have to wait for my 5 ns of fame another time.

They also sent a follow-up email saying responses were overwhelming and would send email to those who got in.
A veteran street tire record holder like you is what they need to make the show...
Old 09-08-2010, 04:50 PM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I just received the follow up email - text below. It seems that they want cars for "filler" shots at the track etc. Seven hours of driving for me round trip - too much in gas and hotel expenses for maybe an hour of track time. I'm going to take a pass on this one and look for it on TV.

We just received a note from the folks at VIR that the response to the invitation to be part of the Top Gear show has been overwhelming. Thank you to all of you who applied.

For those that have sent in your information, VIR has been bombarded with requests to participate and the staff will be sending an email out later this week (either Thurs or Fri) with final invitations to attend the event and instructions. The VIR staff also wanted to let everyone know that they are trying to replicate a TrackDaze event feel as opposed to "I'm the fastest and want to show the world" for the hour of track time.

It is great to have such enthusiasm and the producer of the show VIR has been working with is very pleased with the response. To reiterate, track time is going to be limited and there will be little if any at all meet and greet/photo op/autograph session. This is a hard hitting quick moving TV production with a schedule to keep. We are all fans of the show so we want to make sure everyone has the proper understanding coming in so the VIR shoot goes smoothly and we can all be proud being part of it.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:16 PM
Z06cool
Drifting

Originally Posted by varkwso
A veteran street tire record holder like you is what they need to make the show...
Sssshhhh...never had a record before. If you don't dispute it and it's on the Internet, IT MUST BE TRUE...:o
Old 09-10-2010, 02:11 PM
eogel
Burning Brakes

Has anyoune received an invitation to attend the event?
Old 09-10-2010, 05:53 PM
Hazman
Racer

Nothing since the second email
Old 09-10-2010, 06:08 PM
eogel
Burning Brakes

I communicated with TrackDaze. As of 4:49 pm no invitations had been sent out. No further info provided on when they will go out.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:00 PM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by 95jersey

I got the same E-mail, too bad I can't make it.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:04 AM
vms4evr
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know someone who just told us he is in. He has some very nice and fast cars. I don't believe the people putting it on want you to show up the 3 idiots on the show. This is the UK version. They want to show off a GT2 and Atom II as I was told. So they need some "fast looking" cars on track to fly by.

I think sending Lou or Danny in their "fast looking" cars would be fun. Cause we know they will not resist the chance to blow by these guys...
Old 09-12-2010, 11:48 AM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 238 Likes on 166 Posts

Old 09-12-2010, 11:56 AM
eogel
Burning Brakes

An email from TrackDaze at 4:00 pm Saturday indicated the invitations had been issued.

Hope anyone on this forum who was invited will let us know.

Ed
Old 09-12-2010, 12:05 PM
Black_Mamba
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

x2

Get notified of new replies

To Top Gear track day at VIR with TrackDaze

Quick Reply: Top Gear track day at VIR with TrackDaze