Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Incar vids from Grattan Strikes Back AutoX

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 10:06 PM
airtonics
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Incar vids from Grattan Strikes Back AutoX

Michigan's Western Region SCCA put on an autocross at Grattan Raceway this past weekend, the last event here was two years ago. Seems most track day autocross events were stopped in the area due to people hitting the walls, particularly new drivers attracted by the "track" setting and thinking they are the Stig

I included my four runs as one video, this is my 3rd autocross in this car and the first time in this type of setting. I ran the last heat/session of the day and it was raining just before we started but stopped before our runs. As I became more comfortable with the course and it dried off my runs were faster with my last being the quickest taking first SSM. The course here is blind in some corners and you have to know what's ahead to prepare for it.

It was a great event and I've missed it the past couple years however I really wish it would have been dry. It's hard enough keeping this car pointed in the right direction without the wetness :P

Quick Reply: Incar vids from Grattan Strikes Back AutoX