Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GREAT WC and Trans AM races at VIR

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 09:27 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

Default GREAT WC and Trans AM races at VIR

Randy Pobst wins WC Saturday and Andy Pilgrim wins WC Sunday in a back up car. Volvo wins the Championship!

Tony Ave wins the Trans Am going away. Bobby Sac had to pit twice and still came in 4th!

Super racing.

Jim
Old 09-12-2010, 09:45 PM
kpic24
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think Bobby would have been 3rd in another 2 laps
Old 09-12-2010, 09:47 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Geely won their first championship Wonder if the Chinese owners will be back to race next year?
Old 09-13-2010, 07:13 AM
Shrek
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Jim, it was a pleasure meeting you guys. Glad you were able to find your way back into the boonies! It was actually a great spot to see all the action.

We were packed up and left with a few laps left as we thought Tony had the TA race in the bag. I was really surprised when I logged on to FB last night and saw an update by VIR.

Must have been a wild finish and cool down lap.

Here are two comments by VIR on their FB page.

Virginia International Raceway Trans Am point's leader was denied his chance of clinching the championship when R.J. Lopez made contact with him in Turn 14 and got by for the win. Ave blamed "bad brakes" on an incident at Turn 2 when he ran hard into the back of Lopez after the race was finished. Nothing like a little NASCAR here during Sports Car Wars at VIR!

Virginia International Raceway Late word is that Lopez, who's running second in points, will be docked 10 points and fined $500 for an unsafe pass while Ave will be fined $500 for post race conduct. Ave should wrap the Trans Am title up by just starting the next race October 1st.

Jeff

Last edited by Shrek; 09-13-2010 at 07:19 AM.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:43 AM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

It was good to meet you too! Thanks for the hospitality! I can't believe Tony lost. We saw what we thought the checkered flag was and left.

They sure fined me a lot more than $500 several times. O well, I guess I was just a bigger a** than Tony.

The SCCA really needs to get their sh*t together. No Trans Am qualifying because of rain. Hey I understand they did not want any one to tear up cars with only 8 or so there but no qualifing is just BS. If they would have let the cars out after the WC race the race line was dry. But, they held them until everything was wet and then said we will start with points.

Don Sac and I had a GREAT time talking about the bad old days. His son is really fast as is his car. Don always had good equipment. They will be at Atlanta in a couple of weeks.

Andy was disappointed after Saturday's WC race. We talked about his car and the car he used Sunday was last year's car they had as a show car. Andy still has all the skills.

I hope to see you again soon.

Jim

Get notified of new replies

To GREAT WC and Trans AM races at VIR

Quick Reply: GREAT WC and Trans AM races at VIR