Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Status Racing seats in a C6 Corvette?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 08:35 PM
gtmotor
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Status Racing seats in a C6 Corvette?

Has anyone heard of people putting a Status seat into a Vette?

I have an FIA approved Laguna Carbon sitting in my office and I plan on tracking the Vette (I don't even have it yet). I've searched around for seats and it appears that the Corvette has a fairly complex seat base/adjusting mechanism.

Can I just remove the entire thing and replace it with the seat/custom bracket? What do you guys do with Sparcos?

Sorry, I'm a newbie here and the Vette is vastly different from my previous street/track car (Lotus Elise).

This is what the seat looks like:

In regards to the seat itself: I'm a lot smaller than the "average" Corvette owner (155 lbs, 32" waist). It's snug on me, and if you have larger than a 34" waist then forget about it. It is still the most comfortable racing bucket I've sat in though and have done several long trips sitting in it without any fatigue.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:48 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

You could use the Hardbar seat rails or the Pfadt seat mount to mount that seat. The Hardbar rails lay directly on the floor and you will have to cut some space in the carpet underlayment for the stock seat wires to run through so the rails can fit flat on the carpet. The Pfadt mount is similar to a stock seat track and raises its rails above the carpet to clear the wiring bundle. Either way you will need to use side mounts to hold the seat to the floor mount.

Bill
Old 09-16-2010, 12:01 PM
gtmotor
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great, thanks Bill. I will look into the PFADT seat mount.

Will it throw any error codes for having the stock seat unplugged? The car is an 05 C6.

Get notified of new replies

To Status Racing seats in a C6 Corvette?

Quick Reply: Status Racing seats in a C6 Corvette?