Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Season update and Runoffs prep pretty much done!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 11:50 PM
sleeper02Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Season update and Runoffs prep pretty much done!

When I have more time I'll have a full writeup but in short this year has been pretty good to Rhonda and I. After another tight seasonal battle with Dave Sanders we have won the Northeast Divisional title for the second time ( won in 2008, second to Dave last year ). It was very close with the defining factor being that Dave had some issues and a bad time at Limerock. Had his car made it through that race he likely would have gotten me. My car has been solid all year and that made the difference. As usual, Dave and I are always splitting hairs. Makes it even more fun to be able to do that with a friend!

Short stats - 7 races, 1 win ( VIR ), 3 seconds, 3 thirds. Podium in all races, many of them solid and good size fields.

So with that good season we are very happy to be able to actually make it to the Runoffs this year. 2006, our first year of racing is the only Runoffs we have made it to. 2007 was the wreck, 2008 we spent way to much money chasing the Division, 2009 work got in the way. This year I promised myself if the season went well I wanted the feeling of continuing that momentum into the big show. So money be damned, we are heading out on Friday morning. Car is prepped as well as we can afford and it's time to give the big show a second shot! No thoughts of where I may finish, I just want to finish cleanly, anything else will be a gift!

We are renting an RV and staying at the track, so if anyone is local and wants to swing by you are more than welcome to do so! You may get a wrench shoved in your hand though! Competitor are also welcome, Rhonda will be feeding you in an attempt to fatten you up and make you slower! I'll try to post up if we have a connection at the track! Stay tuned!

Joe
Old 09-15-2010, 08:51 AM
clubracer6
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Best of luck to you Joe and congrats on your NE Championship!
Old 09-15-2010, 09:25 AM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice job Joe, See you guys Sunday afternoon.

Aaron
Old 09-15-2010, 09:55 AM
L98Terror
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W. Detroit Events Coordinator
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VII Autocross Champ

Awesome and Congrats on another fine season, if you stop through Detroit let me know I'll treat you guys to dinner and a beer. Figure if you leave NH at about 6 AM I'll see you around dinner time

Good luck to you at RA, give them hell.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:28 AM
SIK02SS
Melting Slicks

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Congrats Joe on the division championship!! Have a safe tow out there and kick some ***; wish I could be there with you guys
Old 09-15-2010, 03:01 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on a great season and good luck at Nationals.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:56 PM
BuckeyeZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

It's a good thing Rhonda is going to be there; if it was juts you? Eh, who cares?

See ya Tuesday afternoon.

Can't wait to see the dogs. I will be in a depressed state without mine, so your's will fill the void while at Road America.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:04 PM
jasonberkeley
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by BuckeyeZ06
It's a good thing Rhonda is going to be there; if it was juts you? Eh, who cares?

See ya Tuesday afternoon.

Can't wait to see the dogs. I will be in a depressed state without mine, so your's will fill the void while at Road America.
Ditto on the dogs! See you guys in a few days!

Get notified of new replies

To Season update and Runoffs prep pretty much done!

Quick Reply: Season update and Runoffs prep pretty much done!