Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fort Myers AUTO-X

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 09:51 PM
coolhand5599
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fort Myers AUTO-X

Today I went to the Ft. Myers Auto-x Datawiz was greatfull enough to invite me and what a great event they put on This is a great place for nuubies like me. They take the hacks like me and put them with an instructor. This was great We had a great time for $20 and I am a much better driver now than I was 24 hours ago, thanks to datawiz. I would of never thought someone who has never driven my car before would jump in and be 2.5 sec. faster than me on his first run. This guy can drive

If you are in FL you should check this out. For $20 bucks you cant go wrong. Thank you to all of you that put this event on
Old 10-03-2010, 03:55 PM
Datawiz
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 320 Likes on 152 Posts
CI-7-8-9-10 Veteran
Cruise-In IX AutoX Winner
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11,'19,'22
St. Jude/CI Name Tag Designer

Originally Posted by coolhand5599
Today I went to the Ft. Myers Auto-x Datawiz was greatfull enough to invite me and what a great event they put on This is a great place for nuubies like me. They take the hacks like me and put them with an instructor. This was great We had a great time for $20 and I am a much better driver now than I was 24 hours ago, thanks to datawiz. I would of never thought someone who has never driven my car before would jump in and be 2.5 sec. faster than me on his first run. This guy can drive

If you are in FL you should check this out. For $20 bucks you cant go wrong. Thank you to all of you that put this event on
Glad you made it down. You will be very good at this sport. Just got done with Sunday's competition. We bumped up from our usual 4 runs to 5 runs and still got done early. We may likely start 6-run Sundays starting next month.

See you at Halloween!
Old 10-03-2010, 06:49 PM
coolhand5599
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How did you do?
Old 10-03-2010, 07:25 PM
Datawiz
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 320 Likes on 152 Posts
CI-7-8-9-10 Veteran
Cruise-In IX AutoX Winner
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11,'19,'22
St. Jude/CI Name Tag Designer

Originally Posted by coolhand5599
How did you do?

With 5 available laps, I quit after 2. I even lost the azz end and came within a fraction of spinning on the 2nd lap, and still bettered my time.

I won Super Stock easily. Was 2nd overall in both raw and pax (handicapped) time.

David Lehman in his 2010 Porsche GT3 was first in raw but 3rd in pax. I know he's wondering "what if" when it comes to the 3 laps I left on the table. I certainly would have been faster. In fact, the 3rd place guy in raw was only about 3/10ths from my raw time and is normally about 2.0+ seconds behind me. Lehman is trying to figure out if his GT3 is faster than his ASP Corvette. We know that he's typically about 7/10ths faster than me and I now almost always win pax.

I'll keep the suspense going for him, but I think it's a good chance with 3 additional laps I could have beaten his raw time. If that had happened, it would be clear that his Porsche is still slower than his Corvette. (FWIW, he is still running on factory alignment).

http://gulfcoastautocrossers.com/201...nt%208_raw.htm

Last edited by Datawiz; 10-03-2010 at 08:38 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Fort Myers AUTO-X

Quick Reply: Fort Myers AUTO-X