Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TWS with TDE this past weekend

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 09:52 PM
CorvetteZ51Racer
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default TWS with TDE this past weekend

So after years of corner working, running race control, and stealing people's cars to drive when they weren't looking, I finally got a chance to flog my own at TWS this weekend. I've only run the Z once before, last month at MSR Houston. After frying my brakes due to some electrical gremlins keeping the active handling on, my MSR weekend was kind of a bust.

Not so this time. First off, I got to meet several new forum members, but of course didn't catch their SNs. Secondly, the car ran flawlessly all weekend (the driver can't say the same). Third, I managed to work into the red group by the end of the day Saturday while only being a moving traffic cone for an ACR Viper on slicks.

Two main things to remember: 1) the line into Turn 1 in a Z06 is NOT the same line as a 911 race car! (Duh! - BTW, anyone got a shop vac??) 2) @$&# that track is FUN!

Fortunately, with the exception of a potential left rear tire issue (I've got contacts at Hoosier who are supposed to check out the tire this week). The weather was PERFECT, lots of good people, and lots of fun.

I plan on posting an in-car vid in the next couple of days on Youtube. I'll link to it when I get it uploaded.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:23 PM
DRUGschnorr
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

John it was fun to run w/ ya this weekend.. thanks for helping to sort out the TPS problem i had... Was lucky to be able to replace it trackside and only miss half a run.. the rest of the run i got to take a 71 pantera out and relive old technology while the computer on the Z51 kept me sidelined for a bit.
BTW.. u may still have my 8gig SD card. or did u slip into my bags while i was gallivanting around the pits.

C u on the track in the future..

tom
Old 10-04-2010, 11:38 PM
CorvetteZ51Racer
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tom, definitely fun meeting you out there. Thanks for making me feel better Saturday afternoon - at least I wasn't the only black C6 to watching from the side of the road outside of Turn 1 that day!

I've been trying to figure out if I gave it back to you or not. I was so braindead yesterday afternoon. I think I did because I remember a comment about you wanting to see the video of me spinning in 4 when my tire went soft. Either way, if you can't find it, I'll send you a replacement card. Just let me know.

Are you going to be at MSR Cresson later this month?
Old 10-06-2010, 10:06 AM
DRUGschnorr
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think u gave it to someone else to download a video of a hog crossing or some turnip truck turning over in "larry-Curley and Moe"..They may have it.

I have not decided on cresson yet.. may do a one day deal that saturday at H2R.

Get notified of new replies

To TWS with TDE this past weekend

Quick Reply: TWS with TDE this past weekend