Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EBC Yellow R1793 Dual Purpose Pads

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 02:15 PM
Sidney004
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default EBC Yellow R1793 Dual Purpose Pads

First of all, I am not trying to be too much of a shill because I got these for free from Andy Freeman of EBC a while back to sample but.....
for those of you looking for totally streetable track pads, these are well worth considering, especiallly for $137 for C5 fronts. They are a ceramic/kevlar composition and on the street, no noise, no dust, excellent cold stopping power. On the track, my car has slicks, brake cooling ducts but is low kinetic energy(292 RWHP) so the results may vary with a couple extra hundred horsepower but after 2 days at Laguna Seca(this place eats brakes) and one at Thunderhill; no fade, excellent longevity(only 6mm of wear), very easy on rotors, they don't pump a lot of heat into the calipers(lower thermal conductivity compared to my experiences with PFC's) so I have had no fluid boiling issues. Stopping power has been good(not as good as my favorite Raybestos ST 43's but I got them for free so I can't complain too much!) The ones I used were PN DP41162R and different than the earlier compound Yellows that some people had poor experiences with track use.

http://www.ebcbrakes.com/automotive/...ads_4000.shtml
Old 11-02-2010, 06:37 PM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

Sounds like a great combo pad!
Old 11-02-2010, 11:49 PM
punz
Drifting

Received 239 Likes on 174 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15

I got the same deal from Andy for my AP bbk. I went the the whole summer with one set of Yellow pads, Gingerman, Black Hawk, Joilet Autobahn, Tire Rack and about 30 runs at Greatlakes Dragaway. I am impressed. It's funny, I've used all the pads in the comparison chart except for the Carbotechs and the yellows can't be beat for the price. I've read many of good things about the Carbotechs but never tried them, maybe next year. But wait, I never used the Blues Andy sent me. Carbo's in two years. Thanks Andy Good Stuff

Get notified of new replies

To EBC Yellow R1793 Dual Purpose Pads

Quick Reply: EBC Yellow R1793 Dual Purpose Pads