Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

the lil engine that could?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 12:04 PM
motodog
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default the lil engine that could?

Good Morning Racers. I am looking at a car trailer maybe around this summer. I am in the so cal area and waanted to get some advice on a trailer. My budget is 3000.00-3500.00. My next question is my truck, its an 07 dodge megacab 5.7 hemi. I have never towed anything with it only mx bikes and camping gear. and my car is an 85 a little over 3100 lbs I think. and where will the tracks be located? Mid-Nor cal? Just looking for some insite going into this. remember i raced mx for close to 3 decades and all i ever needed was a 5gal gas can, small tool box, gear bag, bike lol. i had a lil mazda b2200 that was more than enough to get it done. Ahh the good ole days Again guys just wondering on how my truck will do. Thanks, Race On!
Old 11-22-2010, 12:30 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

What is the trucks Tow capacity ?

max may be a 24' enclosed. 20' enlosed may not have strong enough axles for the wt

a 24' loaded is 7000-7200 lbs with car and junk

you just have to take it easy and not drive too fast.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:21 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,103 Likes on 717 Posts

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
What is the trucks Tow capacity ?

max may be a 24' enclosed. 20' enlosed may not have strong enough axles for the wt

a 24' loaded is 7000-7200 lbs with car and junk

you just have to take it easy and not drive too fast.
If you run with others while traveling you may want a diesel or big block to keep up. Actually, when I had my small block, I would find myself creeping up on people doing less than 70 in the right lane but I could not accelerate enough to move into the left lane with the folks doing 80. I was pulling a 24' enclosed.

Get notified of new replies

To the lil engine that could?

Quick Reply: the lil engine that could?