Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Late season autocross

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 06:15 PM
grantar2
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Late season autocross

I don't know about others, but I really appreciate late season autocross. The SCCA group I run with just hosted a thanksgiving weekend event that was sweet. Not easy to get out on a holiday weekend and set up a course before Thanksgiving and then run an event and a ladies school over the 3 days after.

I am still in a points battle, so I was committed to run, but it was great, large wide open course, significantly lower than average attendance, 160 drivers rather than the usual 230.

The dark morings in the upper 30's it was cold, but the days heated up nicely pushing upper 60's and everyone was having a real good time.

If there is a downside it's that my prime competitor beat me by .300 of a second and will likely push me back to 5th. I can't complain, because although I am sure I left that much time on the course, he beat me driving a car that had just broken it's front sway bar unloading from the trailer. If the car had been healthy he would have kicked my butt. It was still the best drive I have ever had, so all is good.

Quick Reply: Late season autocross