Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

****GTLM/GTD Pro Racing Talk-NO SPOILERS PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2017, 08:27 PM
z28lt1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,974 Likes on 1,032 Posts

Originally Posted by sea six
Just check Fox sport 1 in Connecticut and it said Sunday at 4:30 - 6:30 ?
I think there was a TV change. It is on regular FOX (not Fox Sports 1, 2 , or 12) live at 4:00 PM Eastern Saturday. Looks look a replay on FS1 on Sunday.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:45 PM
sea six
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes that's correct, thanks for the correction. Go vetts
Old 04-05-2017, 10:51 AM
cor123
Melting Slicks

Received 548 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by z28lt1
I think there was a TV change. It is on regular FOX (not Fox Sports 1, 2 , or 12) live at 4:00 PM Eastern Saturday. Looks look a replay on FS1 on Sunday.
Who knows, I have baseball playing during the live race. Fox screwed us again.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:00 AM
cor123
Melting Slicks

More Airings of this Episode:

"Weathertech Sportscar Championship: Long Beach Street Circuit", FS1 Apr 9 3:30 PM

"Weathertech Sportscar Championship: Long Beach Street Circuit", FS1 Apr 11 2:30 AM
Old 04-05-2017, 03:58 PM
cor123
Melting Slicks

Default CORVETTE RACING AT LONG BEACH: Westward Bound with Momentum In-Hand

Press Release

CORVETTE RACING AT LONG BEACH: Westward Bound with Momentum In-Hand
Five class wins at historic street circuit for sport’s leading GT program

All four Corvette Racing drivers have won at Long Beach
Garcia, Magnussen coming off Sebring GTLM victory
Gavin, Milner second in last year’s Long Beach GTLM race

DETROIT (April 4, 2017) – Three weeks after winning one of the longest races on its schedule for the 11th time, Corvette Racing will attempt to score a sixth victory in the shortest event. America’s leading GT sports car team heads to Long Beach, California, this weekend for the third round of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.

The Bubba Burger Sports Car Grand Prix of Long Beach is a 100-minute street fight, which will air live on FOX starting at 1 p.m. PT. The race is one that Corvette Racing has won five times in 10 appearances, which shows the team’s capability in winning at any type of track or in event duration.

Four familiar faces return to Long Beach in the pair of yellow Chevrolet Corvette C7.Rs. Antonio Garcia and Jan Magnussen, in the No. 3 Mobil 1/SiriusXM Corvette C7.R, arrive following a victory at the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring. They won at Long Beach in 2014 – the first victory for the Corvette C7.R. In the No. 4 Mobil 1/SiriusXM Corvette, Oliver Gavin and Tommy Milner look to right their season following misfortune in the opening two rounds of the year.

The four Corvette Racing drivers have combined to win seven times at Long Beach. It’s an impressive record on such an historic course. The 11-turn, 1.968-mile street circuit has played host to the Grand Prix of Long Beach event weekend for 42 years, and its location along the Pacific Coast makes it one of the most scenic and recognized in the world.

The Bubba Burger Sports Car Grand Prix at Long Beach is scheduled for 1:05 p.m. PT on Saturday, April 8 from the famed Long Beach Street Circuit. FOX will have live coverage beginning at 4 p.m. ET with live audio coverage from IMSA Radio is available on IMSA.com.
ANTONIO GARCIA, NO. 3 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R: “The end of Sebring was pretty amazing. But it’s time for us to move on to Long Beach. It is a circuit I enjoy very much as it demands you to be extremely precise. That goes for not just the drivers but also the engineers and crew. The short duration of the race means you will make one stop and have one chance on the strategy. When you see how Corvette Racing performed in the pits at Daytona and Sebring, it’s easy to see why I have so much confidence in our team.”

JAN MAGNUSSEN, NO. 3 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R: “It feels great to win a race like Sebring this early in the year. Anytime you’re in the points race heading to a place like Long Beach is a good thing. Anything can happen there as we have seen in the past. Antonio and I are usually very strong there, and I personally really like Long Beach. There is such a small margin for error that you have to find just the right limit of taking risks. One small mistake in the wrong place can cost you significantly with little or no time to make up ground. Fortunately for us, Corvette Racing has a lot of data and experience to put us in the best position to take another win. It’s one I definitely would like to achieve.”

OLIVER GAVIN, NO. 4 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R: “Admittedly we aren’t in the position we’d like to be in after the first two races. Almost all that comes down to bad fortune for myself, Tommy and our No. 4 Corvette team. The goal we have is to start accumulating as many points as we can each weekend and not get too desperate for a win. We have a great chance at Long Beach to make up some ground in the championship. Our Corvette has been really solid so far this year. We just need to put together a full race to have things go our way.”

TOMMY MILNER, NO. 4 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R: “The kindest thing I can say about last year’s race at Long Beach is that the finish was very unfortunate. So this weekend is a race I’d very much like to win. It has been a rough start on the No. 4 Corvette side – all chalked up to bad luck – and a good result at Long Beach would help start our turnaround. Oliver and I have complete confidence in the team at Corvette Racing get us headed in the right direction.”

DOUG FEHAN, CORVETTE RACING PROGRAM MANAGER: “After opening at Daytona and Sebring, what a huge difference it is coming to Long Beach each year. This race is truly one-of-a-kind for everyone at Corvette Racing. Long Beach rewards teams that come in prepared and with a well-sorted racecar, strategy and crew. We have each of those three elements at Corvette Racing. We’ve been up to the task many times in the past at Long Beach. We expect to give the large crowds the same again this year.”

Last edited by cor123; 04-05-2017 at 04:05 PM.
Old 04-05-2017, 04:17 PM
z28lt1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,974 Likes on 1,032 Posts

Originally Posted by cor123
Who knows, I have baseball playing during the live race. Fox screwed us again.
This was supposed to be a good thing, moving off of cable onto network TV. Not sure why it didn't work for some. The Fox Saturday National baseball game is the Yankees and Orioles on Fox Sports 1, so must be a local thing if they are carrying a different game.

As always, you should also be able to get it live on Fox Sports Go if you can authenticate a Fox Sports 1 subscription
Old 04-06-2017, 09:48 AM
cor123
Melting Slicks

TV update:

US:
Live on Fox Channel (and not FS1!)
Live on Fox Sports Go App with FS1 authentication from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. https://www.foxsportsgo.com/

Non-US: IMSA TV
http://imsatv.imsa.com/

Race Replay: Television Broadcast Sunday April 9, 2017
FS1 3:30 pm EDT
Old 04-08-2017, 09:24 AM
myvette_99
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by z28lt1
Long Beach BoP is out.

Summary for GTLM:

More boost for Ferrari and BMW. Less power and a little more weight for BMW and some fuleing changes to coincide. No changes to the Ford and Corvette.

Not sure the Ferrari changes were the best idea, but all else seems ok.

For two side notes.

1 - They've specified gearing for the Caddy DPis. I don't like going down this road, but at a track like Long Beach, I guess I get why they did it. Prefer they left well enough alone, some cars are just going to be better at some tracks than others.

2 - BMW is the lightest GTLM car, but has way more fuel capacity than everyone else, and was given more to go along with the boost increase. That thing really must be a brick.
I believe you meant to say more weight and less restrictor for Porche???

Yes with all the breaks the BMW gets it is clear its the worst car in the class by a good bit......just to damn big. I had herd from somewhere (cant remember where...maybe the uscr reddit forum???) that the bmw could not even get down to the min weight that they are allowed at 1220kg??? I think BMW made a bad decision going away from the Z4...even if I didn't like the fact you couldn't get it with a V8 lol.

Will be a good race tho I hope!!

On a side note, did we figure out what happened to the 4 car at Sebring? Did they find the cause of the over heating??
Old 04-08-2017, 09:57 AM
cor123
Melting Slicks

Default CORVETTE RACING AT LONG BEACH: Magnussen Roars to GTLM Pole Position

Press Release:

CORVETTE RACING AT LONG BEACH: Magnussen Roars to GTLM Pole Position
Third time as fastest qualifier at Long Beach – two others led to race wins

Magnussen, Garcia come in off GTLM victory at Sebring
Gavin sixth in ultra-close class qualifying battle
Corvette Racing going for sixth class win at Long Beach

LONG BEACH, Calif. (April 7, 2017) – Corvette Racing’s Jan Magnussen captured his third class pole position on the streets of Long Beach on Friday. If previous years are any indication, Saturday could be a very good day for the No. 3 Mobil 1/SiriusXM Chevrolet Corvette C7.R.

Magnussen set a GT Le Mans (GTLM) class record in qualifying for the Bubba Burger Sports Car Grand Prix of Long Beach with a lap of 1:16.090 (92.1 mph) in the Corvette he shares with Antonio Garcia. The veteran also won pole position for Corvette Racing at Long Beach in 2008 and 2014. Both times, he went on to victory including three years ago with Garcia. Magnussen and Garcia also won last year at VIR after Magnussen scored an overall pole position.

"It was an outstanding effort by Jan and everyone on the Corvette Racing team today in qualifying,” said Mark Kent, Chevrolet Director of Motorsports Competition. “This is a great result coming off the victory at Sebring and bodes well for our chances at a sixth Long Beach class win tomorrow."

Qualifying was extremely competitive with only 0.578 seconds covering eight GTLM cars. That included Oliver Gavin, who was sixth in the No. 4 Mobil 1/SiriusXM Chevrolet Corvette C7.R with a lap of 1:17.115 (91.9 mph). He and teammate Tommy Milner were runners-up last year in class at Long Beach and won the 2012 race together.

Both Corvettes showed strong pace in the two practice sessions Friday ahead of qualifying. That should be no surprise considering Corvette Racing has won five times at Long Beach. The four Corvette Racing drivers have combined to win seven times at Long Beach. It’s an impressive record on such an historic course.

Magnussen and Garcia also are coming off a GTLM victory at the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring, the most recent round of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship. It moved them to second in GTLM Driver’s Championship points; Chevrolet holds the same position in the Manufacturer’s Championship.

The Bubba Burger Sports Car Grand Prix at Long Beach is scheduled for 1:05 p.m. PT on Saturday, April 8 from the famed Long Beach Street Circuit. FOX will have live coverage beginning at 4 p.m. ET with live audio coverage from IMSA Radio is available on IMSA.com.
JAN MAGNUSSEN, NO. 3 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R – FASTEST QUALIFIER IN GTLM: “Qualifying here is a fantastic experience. I love this place. It’s one of my favorite tracks. Qualifying at any street circuit is always special. You can get so close to the walls… as long as you bring it back fastest you can scrape it a little bit! The Corvette was good. We had a good session just prior to qualifying where we did a simulation where we found a couple of areas where we could change a little bit. Those were good changes and allowed us to find what we needed.”

DID YOU THINK THE CAR HAD THAT IN IT? "It did feel like that this morning, but that can guide you off in the wrong direction. But it did feel like if the track gripped up then, the Corvette would be super nice to drive. So this session the car did bog down, so we made some changes for that. I think that the engineers found that last little bit that they needed.”
THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING IN THE FRONT HERE CAN'T BE OVERSTATED: "Of course it is important – track position here when everybody is this close. (Oliver) Gavin is P5 and he is just two tenths back. It's pretty crazy… absolutely crazy. Track position is going to matter here. You have to fight for your position."

OLIVER GAVIN, NO. 4 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R – QUALIFIED SIXTH IN GTLM: "It was a frustrating session for sure. The session before we were in P1 and I really thought we were in a good spot. The car felt great. We made a small adjustment, and I was just waiting for everything to come together. I had a good lap going. I came through Turn 10 and into 11… that is the corner where maybe I've been not quite so natural through. And I just made an absolute dog's dinner of it. That is where any chance of me getting pole just disappeared and went. Then when we got bumped to P6, I was just ‘what!’ I couldn't believe it. I wanted to make it so both cars were on the sharp end. That is where both cars should be. I'm frustrated now that we have made it harder on ourselves. But that seems to be the story of our year so far. It isn't exactly going smoothly for us. It's a shame. Congrats to Jan. He had a fantastic lap. I’m glad one of our cars is there in P1. It's turning into a good season for them."

Last edited by cor123; 04-08-2017 at 10:10 AM.
Old 04-10-2017, 11:42 AM
cor123
Melting Slicks

Default Corvette racing at long beach: Spoiler alert

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1594496655
Old 05-01-2017, 04:07 PM
cor123
Melting Slicks

Default COTA BoP

CIRCUIT OF AMERICAS IMSA TECHNICAL BULLETIN IWSC #17 -24

http://competitors.imsa.com/sites/de...4_gtlm_bop.pdf

Old 05-03-2017, 03:00 PM
cor123
Melting Slicks

Default CORVETTE RACING AT COTA: Early-Season Title Fight in Texas

Press Release:
CORVETTE RACING AT COTA: Early-Season Title Fight in Texas

Team looking to build on momentum after Sebring, Long Beach victories

Garcia, Magnussen 2013 winners at COTA in GT

Gavin, Milner coming off class victory at Long Beach

Chevrolet, Corvette Racing in contention for GTLM points leads

DETROIT (May 2, 2017) – Corvette Racing has started its 2017 season with two victories in its first three races. This weekend, it will go for a hat trick at Circuit of The Americas in Austin, Texas. The circuit, which opened in 2012, has played host to Corvette Racing and other top teams in sports car racing every year since 2013.

Corvette Racing won in its first time at COTA in 2013. Four years later, the twin Mobil 1/SiriusXM Chevrolet Corvette C7.Rs will try to give endurance racing’s premier GT race team a third straight victory in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.

The lineups in each Corvette are the same as in 2013; Antonio Garcia and Jan Magnussen in the No. 3 Corvette with Oliver Gavin and Tommy Milner sharing the No. 4 entry. Garcia and Magnussen won the American Le Mans Series GT class race at Austin in 2013 and arrive at COTA sitting second in GTLM Driver’s Championship points. They also finished third last year at COTA.

Gavin and Milner are coming off a victory in the most recent GTLM round at Long Beach, which followed a win for Garcia and Magnussen at Sebring (along with Mike Rockenfeller). Those results have Chevrolet one point out of the Manufacturer’s Championship lead in the class.

The Advance Auto Parts Sportscar Showdown at Circuit of The Americas is set for 1:35 p.m. CT on Saturday, May 6. FOX Sports 1 will have television coverage beginning at 7 p.m. ET with live audio coverage from IMSA Radio available on IMSA.com.

ANTONIO GARCIA, NO. 3 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R: “Hopefully with COTA now earlier in the year it won’t be quite as hot! The track is very different than what experienced at Long Beach. There are wide-open spaces in the runoff areas so you can be a little more aggressive with your driving. I obviously have some good memories of winning at COTA a few years ago, but it’s time for new ones. Let’s hope it happens this weekend.”

JAN MAGNUSSEN, NO. 3 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R: “The one thing we all are looking for at COTA this year are cooler temperatures. If we get them, hopefully that means the track conditions will be more favorable to us than in past years. Through three races, Antonio and I are in good standing for the GTLM Championship. It’s quite a big difference compared to last year when we couldn’t seem to catch a good break. Hopefully we can continue to earn good results and points to see where we are with a couple races to go.”

OLIVER GAVIN, NO. 4 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R: “COTA is one of the few circuits where I haven’t won a race, and I’m eager to change that. It’s quite different than pretty much every other place we visit. The look of the facility and the smoothness of the track are pretty unique. You can take more risks here than normal with all the tarmac in the runoffs at COTA. All in all, it’s a very difficult challenge but one that everyone at Corvette Racing is ready to embrace.”

TOMMY MILNER, NO. 4 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R: “I enjoy driving at Circuit of The Americas every year. We race at a lot of terrific venues each year, but to compete at one like COTA is a real thrill. Oliver and I haven’t had a lot of success there over the years but this would be a great way to keep our momentum going. It’s never an easy task in this class but this can be a big weekend for everyone at Corvette Racing if the execution and strategy is right. I’m looking forward to it.”

DOUG FEHAN, CORVETTE RACING PROGRAM MANAGER: “Two wins in the first three races of the season is a pretty darn good start. What's more encouraging is that both Corvettes have shown they can compete for race wins and work toward another GTLM championship. Circuit of The Americas will present a difficult challenge – as it always has. Hopefully, the stars at Corvette will end up being the brightest in the skies over Texas!”

Last edited by cor123; 05-03-2017 at 03:24 PM.
The following users liked this post:
sdurg24 (05-03-2017)
Old 05-04-2017, 09:43 AM
cor123
Melting Slicks

Default Circuit of the Americas Race Info

May 04 to May 06 - Advance Auto Parts SportsCar Showdown

Austin, TX
Track: Circuit of The Americas

Race Duration:
2 hours 40 minutes

Circuit Length:
3.4 miles

Entry by Class:
Prototype
(10)
Prototype Challenge
(4)
GT Le Mans
(9)
GT Daytona
(17)

Tune-in Details:

Television Broadcast: Saturday, May 6, 2017

2:35 to 5:15 PM EDT on IMSA TV

7:00 to 10:00 PM EDT on FS1 (same day delay)

Online in-car cameras-Coverage

Simulcast flag to flag coverage available on FOX Sports GO with FS1 authentication.

IMSA.com (includes live images, in-car cameras and announcers)
http://www.imsa.com/camera/imsatv

IMSA mobile phone app

Qualifying: Friday, May 5th, 2017

(GTD) 1:05 PM to 1:20 PM EDT
(GTLM) 1:30 PM to 1:45 PM EDT
(PC) 1:55 PM to 2:10 PM EDT
(P) 2:20 PM to 2:35 PM EDT

Watch Live on IMSA TV and the IMSA phone app:

Radio: IMSA Radio

1) Streaming on IMSA TV on IMSA.com & RadioLeMans.com
2) Scanner frequency 454.000
3) Sirius 118
4) XM 205
5) SiriusXM Online 967

LIVE TIMING:
IMSA:
http://scoring.imsa.com/

Live Timing for mobile device:
http://scoring.imsa.com/mobile.html

PIT NOTES: Twitter
IMSA:
http://twitter.com/ @CorvetteRacing, @IMSA, @IMSAlive, @circuitamericas

TICKET INFO:
http://circuitoftheamericas.com/lslm/tickets

Event Schedule:
http://competitors.imsa.com/sites/de...ota_042617.pdf

http://www.circuitoftheamericas.com/2017-imsa/schedule

Entry List:
IMSA:
http://sportscarchampionship.imsa.co..._entrylist.pdf

Event Map:
http://www.circuitoftheamericas.com/maps

Spotters Guide:
http://www.spotterguides.com/

WEATHER:
http://www.myweather2.com/Motor-Raci...-Americas.aspx

Hotels:
http://www.booking.com/landmark/us/c...-americas.html

Corvette Corral:
See below:

Old 05-04-2017, 11:36 AM
Niemienator
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by cor123
May 04 to May 06 - Advance Auto Parts SportsCar Showdown

Austin, TX
Track: Circuit of The Americas

Race Duration:
2 hours 40 minutes

Circuit Length:
3.4 miles

Entry by Class:
Prototype
(10)
Prototype Challenge
(4)
GT Le Mans
(9)
GT Daytona
(17)

Tune-in Details:

Television Broadcast: Saturday, May 6, 2017

2:35 to 5:15 PM EDT on IMSA TV

7:00 to 10:00 PM EDT on FS1 (same day delay)

Online in-car cameras-Coverage

Simulcast flag to flag coverage available on FOX Sports GO with FS1 authentication.

IMSA.com (includes live images, in-car cameras and announcers)
http://www.imsa.com/camera/imsatv

IMSA mobile phone app

Qualifying: Friday, May 5th, 2017

(GTD) 1:05 PM to 1:20 PM EDT
(GTLM) 1:30 PM to 1:45 PM EDT
(PC) 1:55 PM to 2:10 PM EDT
(P) 2:20 PM to 2:35 PM EDT

Watch Live on IMSA TV and the IMSA phone app:

Radio: IMSA Radio

1) Streaming on IMSA TV on IMSA.com & RadioLeMans.com
2) Scanner frequency 454.000
3) Sirius 118
4) XM 205
5) SiriusXM Online 967

LIVE TIMING:
IMSA:
http://scoring.imsa.com/

Live Timing for mobile device:
http://scoring.imsa.com/mobile.html

PIT NOTES: Twitter
IMSA:
http://twitter.com/ @CorvetteRacing, @IMSA, @IMSAlive, @circuitamericas

TICKET INFO:
http://circuitoftheamericas.com/lslm/tickets

Event Schedule:
http://competitors.imsa.com/sites/de...ota_042617.pdf

http://www.circuitoftheamericas.com/2017-imsa/schedule

Entry List:
IMSA:
http://sportscarchampionship.imsa.co..._entrylist.pdf

Event Map:
http://www.circuitoftheamericas.com/maps

Spotters Guide:
http://www.spotterguides.com/

WEATHER:
http://www.myweather2.com/Motor-Raci...-Americas.aspx

Hotels:
http://www.booking.com/landmark/us/c...-americas.html

Corvette Corral:
See below:

Attending Friday and Saturday
HopefulIy some other CF members will be there too.
GO CORVETTE !
Old 05-05-2017, 05:51 PM
cor123
Melting Slicks

Default CORVETTE RACING AT COTA: Two Corvettes in Thick of Close GTLM Qualifying Battle

Press Release

CORVETTE RACING AT COTA: Two Corvettes in Thick of Close GTLM Qualifying Battle
Magnussen within 0.2 seconds from class pole position at Circuit of The Americas

AUSTIN, Texas (May 5, 2017) – Jan Magnussen paced Corvette Racing’s qualifying efforts Friday at Circuit of The Americas with the sixth-best time in the GT Le Mans (GTLM) class of the WeatherTech SportsCar Championship at Circuit of The Americas.

Ahead of Saturday’s Advance Auto Parts Sportscar Showdown, Magnussen set a best lap of 2:03.030 in the No. 3 Mobil 1/SiriusXM Chevrolet Corvette C7.R that he shares with Antonio Garcia. Magnussen’s starting position may not look promising but the gap to the head of the GTLM field is – just 0.197 seconds.

The entire GTLM category is separated by just 0.926 seconds. Tommy Milner, in the No. 4 Mobil 1/SiriusXM Corvette C7.R, was eighth in class and within 0.729 seconds of the front row in class. He will drive with Oliver Gavin.

Corvette Racing won at COTA in class during 2013, and it has two victories in the first three IMSA events of 2017. Garcia and Magnussen won at Sebring (with Mike Rockenfeller) and sit second in GTLM points. Gavin and Milner were winners last month at Long Beach and are the defending series champions in class.

Chevrolet ranks second in the GTLM Manufacturer’s championship and is one point from the lead heading into Saturday’s race.

The Advance Auto Parts Sportscar Showdown at Circuit of The Americas is set for 1:35 p.m. CT on Saturday, May 6. FOX Sports 1 will have television coverage beginning at 7 p.m. ET with live audio coverage from IMSA Radio available on IMSA.com.

JAN MAGNUSSEN, NO. 3 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R – QUALIFIED SIXTH IN GTLM: “Sixth is nothing to celebrate but the gap to the front is a lot less than what I feared we would be looking at here. Obviously it’s going to be a super-close race. All the cars are getting lap times in different places. But at the end, everyone is about the same. For the race, it should be interesting. Strategy will play a large role. I need to do my very best to hand over Antonio a 100 percent-ready race car. ”
Where Are You Making Your Time: “It’s difficult to say. We have been working on the setup of the Corvette in all three practices. We made some good steps in the right direction. I think especially here, the two cars have gone different directions on setup and we took the best of both to make it work. I was very happy with the No. 3 Corvette. I tried to make another late run but halfway through I could see I wasn’t going to improve. The tires had peaked. Overall I’m very happy. Sixth is where I thought we were going to be regardless, but the gap to the front is a lot less that I had thought.”

TOMMY MILNER, NO. 4 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R – QUALIFIED EIGHTH IN GTLM: “I’d rather be further up the grid but we just missed a little bit with the setup. We had a little too much understeer. I really only had a lap to get it done, which I didn’t know until that lap! It was an OK lap; you do tend to learn every lap you run so that’s good. We have a good handle on the car direction in which to go. The No. 4 Corvette is in the window… we just need to get it a little bit better balance-wise. Considering this track has never been great to us, I feel pretty good that we can make a couple of small changes to get us closer. Jan (Magnussen) had a good qualifying run and was within two-tenths of pole. That bodes well for the pace our two Corvettes. Every year here seems be close and competitive; we’ll make a couple changes be ready to go racing tomorrow.”

Old 05-07-2017, 08:48 PM
cor123
Melting Slicks

Corvette racing at cota: Spoiler alert

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1594690875
Old 05-15-2017, 11:13 PM
conradb
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Spoiler: Team Corvette is going to win the season

-Guy from the future
The following users liked this post:
VerTigo456 (05-23-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To ****GTLM/GTD Pro Racing Talk-NO SPOILERS PLEASE!

Old 05-16-2017, 10:19 AM
cor123
Melting Slicks

24H Le Mans Scrutineering Schedule Released
By John Dagys

The scrutineering schedule for next month’s 24 Hours of Le Mans has been revealed, featuring the day and times that each of the 60 entries and 180 drivers will go through the pre-race technical checks at the Place de Republique in downtown Le Mans.

Graff Racing will kick off activities on Sun., June 11, with Porsche Team and Aston Martin Racing among the leading teams to go through scrutineering on the opening day, in front of thousands of fans.

ARC Bratislava will be the first team to go through on Monday, which will again see the majority of teams take part.

Additional scrutineering for the LMP1 hybrids will take place on Tuesday, as has been the case in recent years, due to the complexities of the cars.

Click Here to view the schedule: http://assets.lemans.org/explorer/pd...-mans-2017.pdf

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/2...dule-released/
Old 05-16-2017, 10:21 AM
cor123
Melting Slicks

2017 Le Mans 24 Hours - The official list of entries revealed!
Today, the Automobile Club de l’Ouest, creator and organiser of the Le Mans 24 Hours, has revealed the official list of the 60 cars and full driver line-ups who will take part in the pinnacle of the FIA World Endurance Championship on 17 - 18 June.

While many teams had already communicated their drivers for the different Le Mans-type championships, they had until 11th May at midnight to send in the final line-ups for the Le Mans 24 Hours. After carrying out the usual checks, this list has been officially revealed today by the ACO.
All the drivers and cars must now undergo scrutineering and administrative checks to take part in the event.

The 179 drivers announced have licences issued by 31 different countries, and the 60 cars represent 41 teams and 16 nationalities.

Cars running under American licences are the most numerous, while France and Britain supply the most drivers with 34 each.

This year there will be only one woman driver at the start, 25-year-old Christina Nielsen from Denmark, back for her second outing in the Le Mans 24 Hours in the Scuderia Corsa Ferrari 488 in GTE Am.

The list of entrants breaks down as follows: 6 cars in LM P1, 25 in LM P2, 13 in LM GTE Pro and 16 in LM GTE Am. Mentos Proton Racing is still on the reserve list should one of the official entries withdraw.

Entry List
http://assets.lemans.org/explorer/pd...-mans-2017.pdf

http://www.lemans.org/en/News/2017-l...revealed/46427
Old 05-16-2017, 10:26 AM
cor123
Melting Slicks

LeMans 24 Hour Viewing Party
When:
June 17, 2017 @ 7:00 am – June 18, 2017 @ 10:30 am
Where:
National Corvette Museum **REGISTRATION OPEN**
350 Corvette Dr
Bowling Green, KY 42101
USA

Cost:
$100 per person
2017 NCM Le Mans Viewing Party
June 17-18, 2017

Attention GT and Prototype Race Fans of ALL Marques!!

On June 17-18, 2017 the world’s greatest car manufacturers will battle at the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Through special arrangement with the ACO, three locations outside of France will be given commercial free, direct feed of the race… Berlin, Tokyo and Bowling Green, Kentucky at the National Corvette Museum.

We are planning to show the race on our 28-foot giant screen in the Chevrolet Theater, with live timing and scoring, refreshments during the entire 24 hours, private Skypes from the Corvette Racing team and door prizes. We think this will be the next best thing to being there yourself!

Space will be very limited – pre-registration early is of the essence!

Registration for this event is $100 per person and will include:

24 hour opening of the NCM’s Theater for viewing purposes
Early opening of NCM on Saturday, June 17
Continental breakfast Saturday / Full breakfast Sunday
Pasta dinner Saturday evening
Midnight Ice Cream bar
Cash bar will be open Saturday from 5:15pm – 7:00pm
Snacks & refreshments provided all 24 hours
Hourly drawings for signed race team hero cards (Must be registered participant & present to win)
Security will cover the front grass circle entrance door (parking lot A entrance) from 5:00pm – 8:00am so you are free to come and go at your leisure. RV parking is allowed in the truck parking lot for this event only. Bring in your sleeping bags, blankets, pillows, etc. for an all night stay in the NCM. All activities are open to Event Registrants only.

Click here to register

http://www.corvettemuseum.org/event/...nstance_id=589

Quick Reply: ****GTLM/GTD Pro Racing Talk-NO SPOILERS PLEASE!