Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 GS manual for HPDE

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2024, 07:14 PM
mikeCsix
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 194 Likes on 166 Posts

Default C7 GS manual for HPDE

I currently have a C6 A6 set up for HPDE and as much as I like this car, I have grown tired of dealing with cooling issues. Yep, I already know the A-6 is going to be a handicap, I addressed that with a GSpeed upgrade and it is no longer a problem. The differential though has potential of being another problem that requires a solution. This car is in fabulous condition and I do not want to cut it up for yet another cooler.

I'm currently thinking of going with a C-7 Grand Sport, manual transmission this time. Can anyone tell me if there are cooling issues still remaining with the C7 GS? I'm an intermediate driver, not looking to set track records, Primarily street tires no stronger than 888's.

My C6 has upgraded stabilzer bars from AFE, I found they suit my current driving style pretty well whereas the OEM bars seemed to help cause oversteer. Does the C7 have the same issues as the C6?

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-22-2024, 09:32 PM
PeteC7
Pro

Received 214 Likes on 157 Posts

I've beaten on mine for 7 years in Texas. I run a coolshirt system to keep me cool in the summer but the car has never cared.

As far as understeer, get some 18" wheels and go 1" wider in the front, that really balances things out nicely imho.
Old 04-23-2024, 11:05 AM
mikeCsix
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 194 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by PeteC7
I've beaten on mine for 7 years in Texas. I run a coolshirt system to keep me cool in the summer but the car has never cared.

As far as understeer, get some 18" wheels and go 1" wider in the front, that really balances things out nicely imho.
Thanks Pete! Great feedback, I plan to run mine in Phoenix so it tends to get a little warm there. Near the end of the hpde season, we hit temps in the 90's, knowing the C7-GS can deal with it is a huge help.
Old 04-23-2024, 04:10 PM
ariZona06
Racer

Received 361 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeCsix

I'm currently thinking of going with a C-7 Grand Sport, manual transmission this time. Can anyone tell me if there are cooling issues still remaining with the C7 GS? I'm an intermediate driver, not looking to set track records, Primarily street tires no stronger than 888's.
Probably the BEST "off the shelf" track vehicle for the hobbyist HPDE driver. Wise choice.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 GS manual for HPDE

Quick Reply: C7 GS manual for HPDE