Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

****GTLM/GTD Pro Racing Talk-NO SPOILERS PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 03:18 PM
cor123
Melting Slicks

Received 548 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by rpoL98
i can only find porsche on-board live stream. is the corvette in-car on-board video actually on FSGO? maybe it's just my local service provider not providing access. i got the race broadcast on FSGO tho...

ETA: and i also found the Ford GT onboards on Youtube...
none on corvette at this time.
The following users liked this post:
rpoL98 (06-17-2017)
Old 06-17-2017, 05:12 PM
rpoL98
Pro

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by cor123
none on corvette at this time.
that is soooo disappointing. i'll bet somebody dropped the ball, or Fox didn't want to provide the bandwidth. and i'll bet, we'll never know.
Old 06-17-2017, 08:52 PM
cor123
Melting Slicks

Press Release

CORVETTE RACING AT LE MANS: Six-Hour Race Report

Both Chevrolet Corvette C7.Rs among the GTE Pro leaders after first quarter of Le Mans

LE MANS, France (June 17, 2017) – Corvette Racing’s pair of Chevrolet Corvette C7.Rs were in the top-six of the GTE Pro class Saturday after the first six hours at the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Oliver Gavin was fifth in the No. 64 Mobil 1/SiriusXM Corvette C7.R with Antonio Garcia sixth in the No. 63 Corvette.

Both drivers were in the early stages of their second tours in their cars one quarter of the way through the annual French classic. The opening six hours were mostly uneventful with the exception of two items: Garcia suffered a puncture early in the race and had to cut short his second stint, which put the No. 63 Corvette slightly off sequence in the pits. Meanwhile, Gavin suffered a damaged wheel when another GTE Pro competitor hit him in the first corner of the race’s opening lap.

Both Corvettes soldiered on in the opening quarter of the race and experienced no further issues. Tommy Milner followed Gavin in the No. 64 Corvette with Marcel Fässler finishing the first six hours. In the No. 63 Corvette, Jan Magnussen and Jordan Taylor rotated through before Garcia took over again. All six drivers drove two stints.

Corvette Racing’s next update will be at the halfway mark near 3 a.m. CET Sunday/9 p.m. ET Saturday.

Live television and streaming video continues between FOX Sports 1, FOX Sports 2 and FOX Sports GO. Live audio coverage is available from Radio Le Mans, which also will broadcast on Sirius Channel 138 and XM Channel 201.

ANTONIO GARCIA, NO. 63 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R: “Initially the car felt quite decent but I suddenly couldn’t quite follow the others. It appeared I had a slow puncture at the right rear, for which I had to compensate in my driving which led to the front tires getting destroyed. There was no point in continuing like that so I pitted just four laps into my second stint, which means we’re now out of sequence compared to the other competitors. But it’s still early days and anything can still happen.”

JAN MAGNUSSEN, NO. 63 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R: “That wasn’t too bad. The car handles well, even though it has a bit of understeer. But the lap times are decent. I tried to change the car a bit to suit the track conditions. It’s a pity about the puncture Antonio picked up which shortened his second stint and puts us out of sequence compared to the others. The heat so far doesn’t cause any issues.”

JORDAN TAYLOR, NO. 63 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R: “That was a good stint. I quickly got into the rhythm which was easy because the car feels strong and is very comfortable and consistent to drive. It wasn’t difficult to keep the pace with the others. Everybody is really pushing, you can tell by the small mistakes they all make.”

OLIVER GAVIN, NO. 64 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R: “As always, the start here was eventful. At the very first corner, a Ford hit me going into Turn One. I was really surprised. I gave him lots of room on the inside but he drove across the track and just smacked me. It was very bizarre and very unnecessary on Turn One of Lap One of a 24-hour race. Fortunately, it didn’t give us a puncture but it did damage the wheel, and I could feel that for several laps. Then it settled into a relatively stable position. The slow zones seem to be hurting our tire pressures when we go through them, particularly in the Porsche Curves. We struggled at times with the balance of the car until the pressures would come back up. It was a bit frustrated. I got the car over to Tommy with no damage – other than from the Ford. Let’s see where we go from there. I’m sure a lot will go on between now and 3 p.m. Sunday.”

TOMMY MILNER, NO. 64 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R: “It feels good to finally get your feet wet in the race and get a rhythm. I feel good. I’m hoping when the track cools down a little bit it might suit us a little better than it did in the heat of the day. All in all, the Corvette is good. I was able to catch one of the Ferraris ahead of me and had a good battle. I was catching some of the others a little bit toward the end but kind of faded a little bit at the end. Overall it was a fun first stint. As with any of these races, I’m looking forward to no problems from here on, getting into a rhythm and getting some hours out of the way.”
Old 06-22-2017, 10:59 AM
cor123
Melting Slicks

Default Corvette racing at le mans: Spoiler alert

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1594996979
Old 06-22-2017, 01:30 PM
z28lt1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,974 Likes on 1,032 Posts

Seems like the Risi Ferrari is out of GTLM for Watkins Glen, and at least the next few races. While their car at Le Mans was heavily damaged it was not the US IMSA car, but a brand new car. The IMSA car was stateside, which should have made an easy transition back. Seems like a cost issue with little support from Ferrari.

Hope they make it back at some point this year, hate seeing the GTLM field shrink.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:21 PM
cor123
Melting Slicks

Last 15 minutes of the race:
Old 06-28-2017, 10:53 AM
cor123
Melting Slicks

Press Release:

CORVETTE RACING AT WATKINS GLEN: Proud to be American!

Team on three-race IMSA win streak, leads GT Le Mans championships

Nineteenth year of an American program running an American car from an American manufacturer
2014 Watkins Glen winners Garcia, Magnussen lead Driver’s Championship
Chevrolet, Corvette Racing out front in Manufacturer’s, Team points
All four Corvette Racing drivers have won at least once in 2017

DETROIT (June 27, 2017) – Corvette Racing returns to racing on U.S. soil this weekend, fresh off a third-place class finish at the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Another challenge of endurance now awaits at Watkins Glen International: the Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen and the fifth race for the team in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.

The race preceding Independence Day weekend has special meaning to Corvette Racing. It is the only program in the WeatherTech Championship with an American car (Corvette) from an American manufacturer (Chevrolet) fielded by an American team. The noise from the Corvette C7.Rs 5.5-liter, naturally aspirated Chevrolet small block V8 at full song also rivals the loudest of July 4 fireworks displays!

Leading the field in the IMSA WeatherTech Championship will be another Chevrolet All-American: the Chevrolet Corvette Z06. The Corvette C7.R and the Z06, which is wholly built in Bowling Green, Kentucky, share a common aluminum frame as well as advanced aerodynamic strategies and key engine technologies. The Corvette Z06 is the most powerful and track-capable production Corvette in Chevrolet’s history. It features an LT4 supercharged 6.2-liter aluminum V8 engine delivering 650 horsepower and 650 lb.-ft. of torque. With a choice of transmissions as well as Direct Injection, Active Fuel Management™ and Continuously Variable Valve Timing, the Z06 brilliantly combines extreme power with efficiency.

Corvette Racing is on a three-race win streak in the GT Le Mans (GTLM) class heading to The Glen. It will mark the team’s fourth race at 3.4-mile, 11-turn road course in central New York. Antonio Garcia and Jan Magnussen, who lead this year’s GTLM Driver’s Championship in the No. 3 Mobil 1/SiriusXM Chevrolet Corvette C7.R, were winners in the team’s first visit to The Glen in 2014.

The duo scored a stirring victory at the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring in March and also won in the last GTLM race at Circuit of The Americas. They also teamed with Jordan Taylor to finish third in class at Le Mans.

Oliver Gavin and Tommy Milner, in the No. 4 Mobil 1/SiriusXM Chevrolet Corvette C7.R, were class winners at Long Beach and led Corvette Racing’s effort at Watkins Glen in 2016 as they went on to win last year’s GTLM Championship.

The Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen also marks the third of four races in the Tequila Patrón North American Endurance Cup – a four-race competition made up of Sebring, The Glen, the Rolex 24 At Daytona and Petit Le Mans. After two rounds, Garcia and Magnussen are third in Driver points, as is Chevrolet in the Manufacturer’s standings.

The Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen is set for 10:10 a.m. ET on Sunday, July 2. FOX Sports 1 will air the race from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. ET with FOX Sports 2 airing from 1 to 4:30 p.m. Live audio coverage from IMSA Radio and a Corvette Racing In-Car feed will be available on IMSA.com.

Corvette Racing on Display at Watkins Glen

Corvette Racing’s return to the Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen also means a return of the Corvette Racing Display to Watkins Glen International. From Friday through Sunday, fans on-hand can view and learn about a variety of Chevrolet vehicles, accessories and attractions including:

• The 2017 Chevrolet Camaro Redline Edition, Cruze Hatchback and Silverado 2500 Crew High Country and Colorado ZR2

• The 2018 Chevrolet Corvette Carbon 65 and Next Gen Equinox

• A Corvette C7.R show car

• Samples of Chevrolet engines, performance parts and accessories available to fans for purchase from their local Chevrolet dealer

• A variety of Chevrolet and racing related activities for adults and kids

• Commemorative t-shirts for fans who sign up with Corvette Racing.

The Corvette Racing Display opens at 9 a.m. on Friday, and 8 a.m. Saturday and Sunday.

ANTONIO GARCIA, NO. 3 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R: “We’ve proven we are very strong, and we are coming into two or three races where Corvette Racing has been very strong - starting at Watkins Glen for the Six Hours, where Jan and I have won before. I’m really looking forward to the next two races. For me, they are the two best races we go to each year. The strategy and mindset will be a little different. Let’s see how we are compared to our competition and see if we can keep our momentum going in the U.S. The whole of Corvette Racing has been very strong this year. We need to carry on doing the same things we have so far - no mistakes, good strategy and good driving.”

JAN MAGNUSSEN, NO. 3 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R: “It will be good to get back to the U.S. with Corvette Racing at Watkins Glen. We still are disappointed with the finish at Le Mans, but there is still the matter of the GTLM championship for Antonio and I. Watkins Glen is the type of track I really enjoy - fast with great flow and quick corners. We have had success there in the past so hopefully we can have another strong result and earn maximum points.”

OLIVER GAVIN, NO. 4 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R: “We’re starting a run of really great tracks on the IMSA schedule with Watkins Glen. It’s one of those fantastic, old-school circuits… a really classic feel with some great corners and lots of speed. Tommy and I would like to use Watkins Glen to get back on the right side of things in the WeatherTech Championship. Our performance at Le Mans was encouraging and hopefully we can carry that part of it over for this crucial part of the IMSA schedule.”

TOMMY MILNER, NO. 4 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R: “Le Mans really takes over your world for awhile. But Watkins Glen is a fun return to racing in the States. It almost feels like a new season when you get back to the U.S., with being back-to-back over a couple of weekends. The Sahlen’s Six Hours will undoubtedly be a tough race. A lot of teams that weren’t at Le Mans have tested at The Glen, so they should be fast out of the box. But we haven’t lost any of our competitive edge despite being at Le Mans. We’ll be ready to get back in the fight.”

DOUG FEHAN, CORVETTE RACING PROGRAM MANAGER: “After a dramatic ending at Le Mans, we are back to defending our GTLM points lead in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship. Watkins Glen starts a run of really, really nice tracks for us at Corvette Racing – old-school, fast tracks with a ton of character. It’s a pleasure to race Watkins Glen on Independence Day weekend. Everyone at Corvette Racing is proud of our heritage: the only GT program in the world running an American-made car from an American manufacturer with an American team. That’s something we don’t take lightly. Hopefully we can add our own fireworks for the fans this weekend!”
Old 06-28-2017, 10:56 AM
cor123
Melting Slicks

Default Sahlen's six hours of the glen race info

SAHLEN'S SIX HOURS OF THE GLEN RACE INFO

Thursday, June 29, 2017 to Sunday, July 2, 2017

Watkins Glen, NY
Track: Watkins Glen International
Race Duration: 6 hours
Circuit Length: 3.4 miles

Entry by Class:

Prototype (10)
Prototype Challenge (4)
GT Le Mans (8)
GT Daytona (17)

Qualifying Saturday July 1, 2017

GTD) 11:40 PM to 11:55 PM EDT
(GTLM) 12:05 PM to 12:20 PM EDT
(PC) 12:30 PM to1 2:45 PM EDT
(P) 12:55 PM to 1:10 PM EDT

Television Broadcast July 2, 2017

Television Broadcast:
Fox Sports 1 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM EDT
Fox Sports 2 01:00 PM to 4:30 PM EDT

Online Broadcast:
Flag to flog coverage on FSGO with FS1 authentication
Non-US: http://imsatv.imsa.com/

Onboard cameras: IMSA.com (includes live images, in-car cameras and announcers)
http://www.imsa.com/camera/imsatv

Radio: IMSA Radio

1) Streaming on IMSA TV on IMSA.com & RadioLeMans.com
2) Scanner frequency 454.000
3) Sirius 118
4) XM 205
5) SiriusXM Online 967

LIVE TIMING:
http://scoring.imsa.com/

Live Timing for mobile device:
http://scoring.imsa.com/mobile.html

IMSA Mobile App
http://www.imsa.com/all-new-mobile-app

PIT NOTES:
http://twitter.com/ @CorvetteRacing, @IMSA, @IMSAlive, @WGI

TICKET INFO:
866-461-RACE (7223) Ask for the Corvette Corral

Official Schedule:
http://competitors.imsa.com/sites/de...wgi_062117.pdf

Spotters Guide:
http://www.spotterguides.com/

Entry List:
http://sportscarchampionship.imsa.co...trylist_v2.pdf

Track/Facility Map:
http://www.benzypalooza.com/images/w...glen_track.gif

WEATHER:
http://www.weather.com/weather/today...en+NY+USNY1528

Hotels:
http://www.theglen.com/Guest-Info/Accommodations.aspx

Corvette Corral Agenda:
See below:

Old 07-01-2017, 07:27 PM
cor123
Melting Slicks

Default CORVETTE RACING AT WATKINS GLEN: Ready to Roll for Six Hours

Press Release:

CORVETTE RACING AT WATKINS GLEN: Ready to Roll for Six Hours

Milner to start from third row in GTLM, championship co-leader Garcia fourth row

WATKINS GLEN, New York (July 1, 2017) – Corvette Racing will go for its second victory in the Sahlen’s Six Hours at The Glen on Sunday from the third and fourth rows of the GT Le Mans (GTLM) class following qualifying at Watkins Glen International.

The GTLM championship-leading team is looking for a fourth straight victory in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship. Tommy Milner led Corvette Racing’s efforts Saturday with a lap of 1:43.189 (118.6 mph) to rank sixth in the No. 4 Mobil 1/SiriusXM Chevrolet Corvette C7.R that he shares with Oliver Gavin.

GTLM Driver’s Championship co-leader Antonio Garcia was eighth at 1:43.243 (118.5 mph) in the No. 3 Mobil 1/SiriusXM Chevrolet Corvette C7.R. He and teammate Jan Magnussen gave Corvette Racing a victory in its first Watkins Glen debut in 2014. They also won in the class’s most recent race at Circuit of The Americas, and they also were victorious at the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring.

Gavin and Milner were fourth in GTLM last year at Watkins Glen on their way to the GTLM Championship. They won earlier this year at Long Beach.

Corvette Racing’s performance this year has vaulted Chevrolet into the GTLM Manufacturer’s Championship lead, the No. 3 Corvette C7.R entry leads the class’s Team standings.

The Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen also marks the third of four races in the Tequila Patrón North American Endurance Cup – a four-race competition made up of Sebring, The Glen, the Rolex 24 At Daytona and Petit Le Mans. After two rounds, Garcia and Magnussen are third in Driver points, as is Chevrolet in the Manufacturer’s standings.

The Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen is set for 10:10 a.m. ET on Sunday, July 2. FOX Sports 1 will air the race from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. ET with FOX Sports 2 airing from 1 to 4:30 p.m. Live audio coverage from IMSA Radio and a Corvette Racing In-Car feed will be available on IMSA.com.

TOMMY MILNER, NO. 4 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R – QUALIFIED SIXTH IN GTLM: “It wasn’t bad but wasn’t great. I think we’re in a good place to start for a six-hour race. Our Corvette feels really good, so that’s key with all the changing conditions that we’ve seen. Going off what we learned yesterday helped in qualifying. I’m happy about that. It’s close as it always is in GTLM. Things are good and we are looking forward to the race.”

ANTONIO GARCIA, NO. 3 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R – QUALIFIED EIGHTH IN GTLM: “The track is different than it was yesterday with the different conditions. It was difficult to nail a lap. The way we had the Corvette setup, it doesn’t relate to how the track felt yesterday. Maybe setup wise, we weren’t where we need to be. However, we think the conditions for the race tomorrow will be closer to the setup we had yesterday. Things went a little against us today, and I don’t feel like I drove very well today. It’s not like we are very far off. It’s a six-hour race, and we know how to win at Watkins Glen.”
Old 07-04-2017, 10:15 AM
cor123
Melting Slicks

Default Corvette racing at watkins glen spoiler alert

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1595074656
Old 07-04-2017, 03:45 PM
cor123
Melting Slicks

Default Mobil 1 SportsCar Grand Prix Mosport INFO

Mobil 1 SportsCar Grand Prix

July 7 to July 9, 2017

Bowmanville, ON
Track: Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
Race Duration: 2 hours 40 minutes
Circuit Length: 2.459 miles

Entry by Class:

Prototype (10)
Prototype Challenge (3)
GT Le Mans (8)
GT Daytona (15)

Qualfiying Saturday July 8, 2017

GTD) 12:05 PM to 12:20 PM EDT
(GTLM) 12:30 PM to 12:45 PM EDT
(PC) 12:55 PM to 1:10 PM EDT
(P) 1:20 PM to 1:35 PM EDT

Live Streaming: http://imsatv.imsa.com/

Television Broadcast Sunday, July 09, 2017

TV Coverage Fox Sports 1
12:00 PM-3:00 PM ET

Online Coverage
IMSA.com (includes live images, in-car cameras and announcers)
http://imsatv.imsa.com/

US:
https://www.foxsportsgo.com/ with FS1 Authentication

Non-US:
12:05 to 2:45 PM ET

1) Streaming on IMSA TV & Radio Le Mans:
http://radiolemans.0157.org/nplayer.php
3) Sirius 118
4) XM 201 (or 202-205)
5) SiriusXM Online 967

LIVE TIMING:

IMSA Mobile App

PIT NOTES:
https://twitter.com/search?q=IMSA

http://twitter.com/ @CorvetteRacing, @IMSA, @IMSAlive, @CTMPOfficial ‏

TICKET INFO: Corvette Corral Ticket
https://ppmg.formstack.com/forms/ctm...orvette_corral

Official Event Schedule:
http://competitors.imsa.com/sites/de...tmp_062817.pdf

Spotters Guide:

Entry List:
http://sportscarchampionship.imsa.co..._entrylist.pdf

Track/Facility Map:
http://www.trackpedia.com/wiki/Mospo...tional_Raceway

WEATHER:
http://www.trackpedia.com/wiki/Mospo...ather_Forecast

http://www.racecastweather.com/

Hotels:
http://www.trackpedia.com/wiki/Mospo...y#Local_Hotels

Corvette Corral:
See below:
Old 07-05-2017, 10:07 AM
cor123
Melting Slicks

Default CORVETTE RACING AT CANADIAN TIRE MOTORSPORT PARK: Drive for a Dozen

Press Release:

CORVETTE RACING AT CANADIAN TIRE MOTORSPORT PARK: Drive for a Dozen
Lone stop north of the U.S. border is one of team’s most successful venues

Eleven class victories at CTMP in 16 appearances
Heading to Canada with GTLM Driver’s, Manufacturer’s and Team championship leads
Both Corvette C7.Rs with GTLM victories in 2017
Combined 12 victories for Corvette Racing drivers at CTMP

DETROIT (July 5, 2017) – Winning sports car races around the world is nothing new for Corvette Racing. With 105 victories, it is the most successful team in International Motor Sports Association (IMSA) history. This weekend, the world’s premier GT racing team looks to add another to that tally at one of its most successful venues: Canadian Tire Motorsport Park for the Mobil 1 SportsCar Grand Prix.

The team’s two Chevrolet Corvette C7.Rs will return to Canada with the rest of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship seeking its 12th victory at the historic 2.459-mile, 10-turn venue that has played host to practically every form of major international motorsports. It also ranks as one of the fastest tracks on Corvette Racing’s schedule in terms of highest average speed.

Corvette Racing has scored 11 class victories in 16 appearances at the track formerly known as Mosport International Raceway including a pair of victories in the last four seasons.

All four current Corvette Racing drivers – Antonio Garcia, Jan Magnussen, Oliver Gavin and Tommy Milner – have scored at least one class victory at CTMP and have combined for 12 wins there. Magnussen leads the quartet with six (five in Corvette Racing entries). The Dane, who teams with Garcia in the No. 3 Mobil 1/SiriusXM Chevrolet Corvette C7.R, won overall in 1999 before reeling off five wins in eight years with the team: 2007-2009, 2011 and 2014… that one with Garcia.

The pairing arrives in Canada with the GT Le Mans (GTLM) Driver’s Championship, as does Chevrolet in the class’s Manufacturer standings and the No. 3 Corvette C7.R squad in Team points. Garcia and Magnussen are coming off a third-place class finish this past weekend at Watkins Glen International in a six-hour fightback following an early spin. They finished third in class last year at CTMP.

Gavin and Milner, defending GTLM Driver’s Champions in the No. 4 Mobil 1/SiriusXM Corvette C7.R, finished just ahead of their teammates in second place a year ago in Canada. They won together in the American Le Mans Series’ GT category during the 2013 season and teamed for a victory earlier this year at Long Beach.

Corvette Racing is proud of its rich history in Canada along with its American heritage. It is the only program in the WeatherTech Championship with an American car (Corvette) from an American manufacturer (Chevrolet) fielded by an American team.

The Mobil 1 SportsCar Grand Prix at CTMP is Corvette Racing’s second event as part of a back-to-back race weekends for the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship. The race is set for 12:05 p.m. ET on Sunday, July 9. FOX Sports 1 will air the race live starting at noon with live audio coverage from IMSA Radio and a Corvette Racing In-Car feed available on IMSA.com.

ANTONIO GARCIA, NO. 3 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R: “Canadian Tire Motorsport Park has always been good to us. We all like it, and that obviously helps. We may not have had the best car on pace, but we also seem to perform well there on strategy and execution. I’m looking forward to getting back there and having another chance at victory. If we don’t make mistakes, then we should do very well. Even though it may be a long lap at almost 2.5 miles, we’re going so fast that things get very intense. It’s hard on us, hard on the cars and hard on the tires. can’t wait to get back there. This track presents a big challenge with a lot of risk. All of us drivers can’t wait to get back there.”

JAN MAGNUSSEN, NO. 3 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R: “This is a fantastic track and so much fun to drive. The challenge there is huge. Most drivers rank Canadian Tire Motorsport Park very high on their lists. For Corvette Racing, we have had a lot of success there. I like it, Antonio likes it and the team historically does a great job. When you put that all together, you usually get great results. We always go there with a good feeling because of our past success.”

OLIVER GAVIN, NO. 4 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R: “As a European driver, I absolutely love this stretch of tracks in the IMSA championship. For me, Canadian Tire Motorsport Park ranks high on the list. It is such a phenomenal circuit with everything a driver could want – tons of speed, fast corners with hard braking and elevation changes. I’ve been fortunate to win there four times, and each has been an incredible challenge. In a lot of ways, this is a place where you race the track as well as the competition. We will need to have a clean run and a good-handling Corvette to contend, and that will be our focus leading into Sunday.”

TOMMY MILNER, NO. 4 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R: “This team has had such a long history of success at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park. It’s definitely a place where you want a car that’s good! In my eyes, it’s almost a perfect race track. It’s got great rhythm, it’s fast and always one of my favorites to go to. There’s a big thrill there when you’re out there by yourself. When you add in traffic and racing within our own class, that makes it that much more enjoyable.”

DOUG FEHAN, CORVETTE RACING PROGRAM MANAGER: “Everyone at Corvette Racing looks forward to our annual trip to Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, and it’s easy to see why. The track has tremendous history, and it presents a stern test to the drivers, engineers and crew. It offers a demanding challenge in terms of load on the car with some of the highest forces we see from the extremely fast corners and dramatic elevation changes. On the spectator side, we are honored by the tremendous support and passion from our Canadian fans, which started with our friend Ron Fellows. We have had great success in Canada over the years, and we expect to deliver more again this weekend.”

Old 07-08-2017, 04:25 PM
cor123
Melting Slicks

Default CORVETTE RACING AT CANADIAN TIRE MOTORSPORT PARK: Eyes on The Prize

Press Release:

CORVETTE RACING AT CANADIAN TIRE MOTORSPORT PARK: Eyes on The Prize
Team will go for 12th class victory at historic Canadian venue

BOWMANVILLE, ONTARIO, Canada (July 8, 2017) – Corvette Racing has turned its focus toward raceday as it seeks to earn a 12th class victory at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park. The pair of Mobil 1/SiriusXM Chevrolet Corvette C7.Rs will start from the fourth row of the GT Le Mans (GTLM) field for Sunday’s Mobil 1 SportsCar Grand Prix.

Both Jan Magnussen and Oliver Gavin were under last year’s pole-winning time in Saturday’s qualifying session. Magnussen, in the No. 3 Chevrolet Corvette C7.R, set a best time of 1:14.844 (118.227 mph) with Gavin not far behind at 1:14.904 (118.183 mph) in the No. 4 Corvette. They were both within 0.819 seconds of the pole-winning time in class.

Magnussen and Antonio Garcia – the current GTLM Driver’s points leaders in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship – claimed Corvette Racing’s most recent victory at CTMP in 2014. They placed third in the GTLM class last year at the track with Gavin and Tommy Milner second. The pairing in the No. 4 Corvette teamed for a victory in 2012.

The Mobil 1 SportsCar Grand Prix at CTMP is Corvette Racing’s second event as part of back-to-back race weekends for the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship. The race is set for 12:05 p.m. ET on Sunday, July 9. FOX Sports 1 will air the race live starting at noon with live audio coverage from IMSA Radio and a Corvette Racing In-Car feed available on IMSA.com.

JAN MAGNUSSEN, NO. 3 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R – QUALIFIED SEVENTH IN GTLM: “The balance of the car was quite nice. We got out a little late, but the way the tire behaved during the run and the way the balance came to the car was quite nice. We just aren’t fast enough. I don’t know where we are missing to the other cars. I’m not happy with the result but I’m happy with how the car behaved. We’ll go back and see if we can find out where are giving up to everyone. It’s still super-close and in the hunt.”

OLIVER GAVIN, NO. 4 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R – QUALIFIED EIGHTH IN GTLM: “It was a fun qualifying session, as it always is here. You’re pushing to the max and trying everything we can. Reed (Sullivan), our engineer, did a good job. There’s a half-tenth between Jan (Magnussen) and myself, but we’re seventh and eighth. It’s frustrating and disappointing. But we started in a similar spot last year and ended up finishing second. So we have to look forward to the strategy we have for the race, how our Michelin tires are lasting, if everyone else will be able to have the same longevity on their tires… I’m sure there are various different strategies out there. You have to keep working away. At Watkins Glen, we weren’t the fastest by any means and we’re the same here. We’re fighting a lot of the same problems.”

'Shifter (07-08-2017)
Old 07-08-2017, 05:47 PM
'Shifter
Thoroughly chapped
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 409 Likes on 327 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17
NCM Member '09

Ugh....7th and 8th.
Old 07-09-2017, 12:57 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,668 Likes on 8,311 Posts

Hmmm . . . just found this sticky, which I'd ignored because the title says ALMS, which is a defunct series.

This should be retitled WeatherTech GTLM racing. [EDIT: Thanks Moderators!!!]

Last edited by Foosh; 07-09-2017 at 01:30 PM. Reason: New info
Old 07-09-2017, 01:30 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Kudos, to the moderators of this forum. I sent one quick PM, and the title was updated immediately. Hopefully, more will notice it now.
The following 2 users liked this post by Foosh:
jcsperson (07-10-2017), z28lt1 (07-09-2017)
Old 07-10-2017, 07:37 PM
cor123
Melting Slicks

Default Corvette racing at canadian tire motorsport park: Spoiler alert

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1595118415

Get notified of new replies

To ****GTLM/GTD Pro Racing Talk-NO SPOILERS PLEASE!

Old 07-13-2017, 04:44 PM
cor123
Melting Slicks

Default Northeast Grand Prix Lime Rock Info

(posting early as I will be in Alaska!)

Northeast Grand Prix
Lakeville, CT
July 21-22, 2017

Track: Lime Rock Park
Race Duration: 2 hours 40 minutes
Circuit Length: 1.5 miles

Live Streaming: http://imsatv.imsa.com/
Qualifying: Friday, July 21, 2017

5:15 pm - 5:30 pm Qualifying - WeatherTech Championship (GTD)
5:40 pm - 5:55 pm Qualifying - WeatherTech Championship (GTLM)

Television Broadcast
3:00 PM -6:00 PM ET Saturday, 7/22/2017 FOX Sports 2

Online Coverage
IMSA.com (includes live images, in-car cameras and announcers)

US:
3:00 to 6:00 pm ET
https://www.foxsportsgo.com/ with FS1 Authentication

Non-US:
2:55 to 5:45 PM ET

LIVE TIMING:

New IMSA Mobile App

IMSA mobile app

1) Streaming on IMSA TV & Radio Le Mans:
3) Sirius 118
4) XM 201 (or 202-205)
5) SiriusXM Online 967

PIT NOTES:
https://twitter.com/search?q=IMSA

http://twitter.com/ @CorvetteRacing, @IMSA, @IMSAlive, @limerockpark

TICKET INFO: Corvette Corral Pass
Friday: https://tickets.limerock.com/orderti...ntperformances

Saturday: https://tickets.limerock.com/orderti...ntperformances

(does not include general admission ticket: https://tickets.limerock.com/default.asp )

Event Schedule:
http://competitors.imsa.com/sites/de...ock_070517.pdf

Spotters Guide:

Entry List:
http://multimedia.netstorage.imsa.co..._EntryList.pdf

Track Map:
http://www.limerock.com/images/stori...k_Map_2011.jpg

Facility Map:
http://www.limerock.com/images/stori...cility_Map.jpg

Satellite photo:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/60....3916133?hl=en

WEATHER:
https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l...+CT+06039:4:US

http://www.racecastweather.com/

Hotels and other info:
http://www.limerock.com/index.php?op...=123&Itemid=82

Corvette Corral:
There will be a designated Corvette parking area & tent
'Shifter (07-13-2017)
Old 07-14-2017, 12:40 PM
z28lt1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,974 Likes on 1,032 Posts

Lime Rock BoP announced.

In GTLM it will be a boost decrease for the BMWs and a slight restrictor (opening) increase for the Corvettes with matching fuel capacity changes to both. Also, fuel restrictor changes to most cars.

Should make for a closer race, although with no changes to the Fords and Porsches, I suspect Porsche up front, BMW and Corvette in the middle, and Ford in the back (slightly). We'll see. Either way, it is a move in the right direction.
sunsalem (07-15-2017)
Old 07-14-2017, 01:59 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Not surprising except for Ford, which has been running neck and neck w/ the C7s speedwise. I agree with your assessments: Porsche now fastest, followed by BMW and C7R, with FGT now bringing up the rear. Next up will be a BOP adjustment to bring the FGT back up to speed.

Quick Reply: ****GTLM/GTD Pro Racing Talk-NO SPOILERS PLEASE!