Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Advice - R Comp, brake pad and Rotor Compatability

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 08:19 PM
NVR2L8
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

Default Need Advice - R Comp, brake pad and Rotor Compatability

I need some advice, guys. My car is a stock '09 Z06.

This will be my first year running R comps (Hoosiers) at HPDE events, and I need some advice from the track "gurus" (you know who you are - Mike, Tom, Bill, Danny, etc.)

My concerns:

1. Heat cycling - I know the procedure, and that the best way is at the track, then 24 hours off the car (or at least on jack stands).
My question: Will it help to do some aggressive figure eights in a remote empty parking lot before going to the track?

2. Brake Pads - I have been running the OEM "padlets", and even have some spares. Can I continue to use up my supply, or just bite the bullit and make the switch to XP8 / XP10, or Hawks, or something else?
I am aware of the bedding process, but should I buy "pre-bedded" pads?

3. Rotors - I am also running the OEM rotors. Should I continue with them, or switch to something more aggressive? I have been told that NAPA is an inexpensive option, but I checked the local NAPA dealer and they were over $100. each, which was more than I expected. Can somebody tell me the best source, price and part # of what I should be buying?
I am also aware of the process of lightly sanding the rotors when intalling new rotors / pads.

Are there other issues I need to be aware of?

All advice is very much appreciated.

Quick Reply: Need Advice - R Comp, brake pad and Rotor Compatability