Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aero kit for C6

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 06:04 AM
PeOR
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aero kit for C6

So, now my C6-05 has done about 20 road track events and I am very happy with the speed and reliability in the car. I am normally doing R888 tires but will try R6 for the first time the upcoming weeks. The chassie is a Pfadt Aggressor kit, brake ducts from Quantum, pads normally DTC 70/60 or Carbotech RP2/XP10. I am just about to put a StopTech ST40 brake kit on the front of the cars since the brakes have been my only problem so far. The engine got a Vararam intake and longtube headers and is doing 375 rwhp.

I am now starting to investigate the aero kits as next step. I have found one very descriptive link from Katech http://www.katechengines.com/street_...a%20report.pdf
Another one I am looking at is http://www.aprperformance.com/index....d=32&Itemid=45 who has very good prices if you are a member of NASA.

Appreciate all good input on the topic. Unfortunately I am using my car as daily driver and I am not sure how extreme I will make it. The Katech level is of course quite interesting since it is not too visual. On the other hand, I am looking for improved performance on track. With the full aero I think there are 2-3 seconds to find on a normal track. And the idea to have to brake less for every corner is quite appealing.

Links, experiences, time difference between "street wing" and "race wing", anything that can help in deciding for the right kit.

PeO.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:51 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You brake harder later because you can you have more down-force, hence more grip. Personally if I was doing a body kit is would be from a company that does race cars and makes the parts used on real race cars. If I wasn't going all out I would keep it to a small splitter and spoiler for double duty street track. My car is ACP done 8-9 years ago. LGM could help you also. I have not seen defined answers to specific time of before and after really done some what correctly. They my be some here who has. Good parts with correct suspension is definitely great. If you are making a good amount of DF you will need suspension upgrade to take advantage of it. JMHO First time I got in my car after the body it really felt like it was getting crushed to the ground. Then after 3-4 sessions that feeling leaves you and it becomes normal.

Last edited by John Shiels; 06-26-2011 at 12:03 PM.

Quick Reply: Aero kit for C6