Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone who bought pics from the photo guy at GT track days...

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 06:22 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

Default anyone who bought pics from the photo guy at GT track days...

did you ever get yours yet?? I still havent seen mine and they said 2 weeks for delivery.

just wondering if anyone has seen theirs yet?? All i ordered was a CD wouldnt think that would take too long
Old 07-08-2011, 06:52 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Derek,

Mike and Leslie travel all over to shoot. They are very honorable. I would give it a little more time. Send me a pm if this turns out to be an issue.

In the meantime please send me any home pics of my favorite girl Amy.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:55 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

LOL wasnt too worried after all they dont pay for a big rig like they had by scamming people was just curious if anyone had gotten theirs yet.

hahah nice Mike i will let her know
Old 07-08-2011, 07:30 PM
fennerhillpro
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do they have a website to view and purchase pictures
Old 07-08-2011, 08:42 PM
GT Racing Tires
Supporting Vendor

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Derek,

I spoke with Mike on Wednesday. They have shipped from Amersterdam on Monday. They are there shooting Women's soccer. You should have them very soon. The policy is that they ship within a fifteen business day window. Not to worry Mike and Leslie are the best in the business.

Todd
Old 07-08-2011, 09:40 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fennerhillpro
As of right now, no.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:43 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Short-Throw
Derek,

Mike and Leslie travel all over to shoot. They are very honorable. I would give it a little more time. Send me a pm if this turns out to be an issue.

In the meantime please send me any home pics of my favorite girl Amy.
Pics of Amy!

Jim
Old 07-08-2011, 09:50 PM
GT Racing Tires
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by fennerhillpro
I will post pics as soon as I get them. Mike is sending me a disc with the best shots of all the cars.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:55 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

sweet. damn must be rough to get to fly all over an shoot pics of awesome events, womens soccer would be some nice scenery i am guessing
Old 07-09-2011, 08:49 AM
Everett Ogilvie
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dvandentop
sweet. damn must be rough to get to fly all over an shoot pics of awesome events, womens soccer would be some nice scenery i am guessing
Especially by members of the winning teams - you know what they do with their shirts.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:34 AM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Painrace
Pics of Amy!

Jim
?????

Jim
Old 07-09-2011, 11:25 AM
dvandentop
Race Director

Originally Posted by Everett Ogilvie
Especially by members of the winning teams - you know what they do with their shirts.
hahha nice will have to watch more soccer i guess

Jim i will see what i can dig up lol
Old 07-16-2011, 11:23 PM
RJ-19
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Images Delayed

I emailed SSP last week and received the reply below on the 11th. Nothing has arrived yet as of today, but at least I know they are still on their way and it's not a lost order or some other problem.

They did send me a few electronicly which I posted to my Facebook and also tagged as GT Track Days. The quality is worth the wait!

Ryan J

-----
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We are in Germany covering the Women's World Cup and we have had sporadic access to the internet.

They were due to ship this past July 6th, the 15th business day after the first business day after the event, but due to an auto manufacturer shoot taking three days due to terrible weather (vs the one day scheduled) right before we left, all of our other work was unfortunately pushed back. Accordingly, we are offering all customers who's orders shipped late a $15 gift certificate towards future purchases, or two 5x7s, or an 8x10 of your choice (the latter fully complimentary, including shipping).

We sent all of the cd's to our office in Chicago in one large packet yesterday and, bar any customs delays beyond our control, they will ship from Chicago shortly thereafter.

Again, our honest apology for the delay. We've hundreds of events in the last five years, and have never shipped later than our planned 15 business day timeline. The weather simply caused us much turmoil.

Thanks and best wishes,

Leslie Stahlschmidt
Sideline Sports Photography, LLC

Old 07-20-2011, 10:20 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

great to hear thanks for the info
Old 07-21-2011, 10:24 AM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

I bought one from them last year from Rd Atl. An 8x10 for $35 but it looked good on the monitor in their truck and I needed a good shot of car at RD ATL to put on wall in my office. It took over 6 weeks to get it, and the print looked so bad, I didn't even put it up. Colors all look fake. Looks like they sent to Wally world to print. Actually, not even that good as most of the ones in my office are WM prints. The guy at VIR just sells you the digital copy for like $5 and you print it out however or use as screen savers, much better deal. If there were enough shots of my car for the cd, it would might have been better, but $90 for 12 shots of car is not a good deal. Rant over. Good luck with pics.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:42 PM
GT Racing Tires
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by waddisme
I bought one from them last year from Rd Atl. An 8x10 for $35 but it looked good on the monitor in their truck and I needed a good shot of car at RD ATL to put on wall in my office. It took over 6 weeks to get it, and the print looked so bad, I didn't even put it up. Colors all look fake. Looks like they sent to Wally world to print. Actually, not even that good as most of the ones in my office are WM prints. The guy at VIR just sells you the digital copy for like $5 and you print it out however or use as screen savers, much better deal. If there were enough shots of my car for the cd, it would might have been better, but $90 for 12 shots of car is not a good deal. Rant over. Good luck with pics.
Did you call Mike and Leslie? They don't see the prints before they are shipped and were probably not aware of the lack of quality. I have several large prints from them and they are all great.

I have known Mike for a long time and he will stand behind his work.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:39 PM
Everett Ogilvie
Melting Slicks

Got my CD (while out of town at Miller Motorsports Park). Pics look great, here is one greatly downsized - I assume it is OK to post them, not sure about "rights", but we paid for them correct?

Get notified of new replies

To anyone who bought pics from the photo guy at GT track days...

Old 07-25-2011, 06:02 PM
RJ-19
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Track Photos

Originally Posted by waddisme
If there were enough shots of my car for the cd, it would might have been better, but $90 for 12 shots of car is not a good deal. Rant over. Good luck with pics.
At the Road America event which kicked off this thread, the photographers mentioned that if you planned on buying the CD to let them know and they would try to get more images for you. I am not sure how many cars were in your run group that day, or if they even made a similar offer to your group. Maybe there were more cars in your run group? For my two-day event at RA, they captured 180+ images for me. Granted they are shooting at high speed so 3-4 photos at a time look very similar and are taken within a second or two of each other, but I'm ok with that because if one shot didn't focus exactly where you wanted it, one of the others from that burst will likely be what you want.

Ryan J

Old 07-26-2011, 03:13 AM
dvandentop
Race Director

i only got about 90 pics of my car but they included a letter saying that was low compared to normal and they gave me a $10 credit as well.

pics turned out good now just need to order a few with the credits i have with them
Old 07-26-2011, 11:19 AM
Everett Ogilvie
Melting Slicks

One more, one of my faves - I like how you can see the flat bottom of the car and even the diffuser at the very rear;

Quick Reply: anyone who bought pics from the photo guy at GT track days...