Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

10/10ths Motorsports – Nobody Does It Better !!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 09:50 PM
NVR2L8
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

Default 10/10ths Motorsports – Nobody Does It Better !!!

I guess the title pretty much says it all.

After just attending their “HorsePower4Hope” charity event at Putnam Park, they have clearly distinguished themselves in my opinion as the premier track day event sponsor.

Although I am not a hard core “track hound”, I have been to several dozen events in the past few years at numerous tracks, and put on by several different sponsoring groups. I have had many good experiences at these events, but there is just something special about 10/10ths.

First, the guys at 10/10ths (Bill, Danny, Nick, etc.) are not just good drivers, they are good people. They are organized, professional, and they do everything possible to put on good events.

Although total safety is more important than everything else combined, they also go the extra mile to make sure that drivers receive sufficient in-class and “hands on” instruction. The instructors I have encountered are excellent.

The amount of track time is unparalleled at any other event I have attended. Three run groups, no more. Their run groups are not overcrowded, and they stress good sportsmanship between drivers. In two days, I had the chance to get in 5 hours of track time! In most other events, that is about double the amount of track time. With this much time on track, drivers really get the “seat time” they need to work on their consistency, smoothness, and other driving skills.

10/10ths also provides the opportunity to experience some more advanced driving skills like the “rolling starts” and unlimited passing in the red group. Providing these opportunities requires a lot of extra effort by the 10/10ths staff, but this is part of what sets them apart.

Lastly, and the real motivation for this thread, is that Bill and 10/10ths want to “give back” to the community. The “HorsePower4Hope” event was a huge success, raising more than $7,400. for the Hope Haven Horse Farm . Many drivers had the opportunity to give “ride-alongs” to the kids from the program, and as much fun as it was for the riders, as so often is the case, I think the drivers got back more than we contributed. It is a testament to the character of 10/10ths Motorsports to dedicate themselves to such a worthy cause.

As I look at the calendar of driving events in the upcoming months, and I consider the tracks and events I would like to participate in, I will always choose 10/10ths when I have the opportunity.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:44 PM
jawfixer
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NVR2L8
I guess the title pretty much says it all.

After just attending their “HorsePower4Hope” charity event at Putnam Park, they have clearly distinguished themselves in my opinion as the premier track day event sponsor.

Although I am not a hard core “track hound”, I have been to several dozen events in the past few years at numerous tracks, and put on by several different sponsoring groups. I have had many good experiences at these events, but there is just something special about 10/10ths.

First, the guys at 10/10ths (Bill, Danny, Nick, etc.) are not just good drivers, they are good people. They are organized, professional, and they do everything possible to put on good events.

Although total safety is more important than everything else combined, they also go the extra mile to make sure that drivers receive sufficient in-class and “hands on” instruction. The instructors I have encountered are excellent.

The amount of track time is unparalleled at any other event I have attended. Three run groups, no more. Their run groups are not overcrowded, and they stress good sportsmanship between drivers. In two days, I had the chance to get in 5 hours of track time! In most other events, that is about double the amount of track time. With this much time on track, drivers really get the “seat time” they need to work on their consistency, smoothness, and other driving skills.

10/10ths also provides the opportunity to experience some more advanced driving skills like the “rolling starts” and unlimited passing in the red group. Providing these opportunities requires a lot of extra effort by the 10/10ths staff, but this is part of what sets them apart.

Lastly, and the real motivation for this thread, is that Bill and 10/10ths want to “give back” to the community. The “HorsePower4Hope” event was a huge success, raising more than $7,400. for the Hope Haven Horse Farm . Many drivers had the opportunity to give “ride-alongs” to the kids from the program, and as much fun as it was for the riders, as so often is the case, I think the drivers got back more than we contributed. It is a testament to the character of 10/10ths Motorsports to dedicate themselves to such a worthy cause.

As I look at the calendar of driving events in the upcoming months, and I consider the tracks and events I would like to participate in, I will always choose 10/10ths when I have the opportunity.

Pretty much sums up the integrity of Bill Neal with 10/10ths and the team he has assembled. 1st Class
Old 08-02-2011, 01:10 PM
I-gotta-Novetta
Intermediate

Another ditto-head here. I have done many events at many tracks and with many organizers. The best run, least BS, most bang-for-the-buck events are consistently 10-10ths. Last weekend was my 4th or 5th event w/them and I am signed up to do Mid-O next Thurs.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:54 PM
oh1vette
Safety Car

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

My 1st HPDE was the 10/10ths VIR March event.

Being my 1st, I was nervous about even signing up, but a few email exchanges with Bill (very patient with a noobie) and I felt at ease.

Then meeting some of the other drivers and my instructor (KYTraveler)
who couldn't have been more gracious, calm and informative during my runs - I can't wait to go again!!!

I just wish their "home track" was VIR since its close to me and I could attend more events....

And right on with the more bang for buck too - now that I got that 1st outta the way I've been looking for others and no other group I found offers more or even equal track time for the money.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:13 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,103 Likes on 717 Posts

Originally Posted by oh1vette

My 1st HPDE was the 10/10ths VIR March event.

Being my 1st, I was nervous about even signing up, but a few email exchanges with Bill (very patient with a noobie) and I felt at ease.

Then meeting some of the other drivers and my instructor (KYTraveler)
who couldn't have been more gracious, calm and informative during my runs - I can't wait to go again!!!

I just wish their "home track" was VIR since its close to me and I could attend more events....

And right on with the more bang for buck too - now that I got that 1st outta the way I've been looking for others and no other group I found offers more or even equal track time for the money.
Mike, I too want see Bill bring some more fun a little further south and east. From what I understand, he is working on it but some of the tracks have long standing schedule commitments that make it difficult to get in. He is, however, working on it.

@Tom, enjoyed running with you in a couple of sessions. You made me work for it.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:35 PM
oh1vette
Safety Car

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

Hey thats great news Artie

I was just looking yesterday and I may make the 3 hr drive to CMP for Bill's Nov event or try to run with some of the other groups at VIR Sept - Nov.....
Old 08-03-2011, 01:53 PM
Rob Willis
Safety Car

Received 121 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by southern_son
Mike, I too want see Bill bring some more fun a little further south and east. From what I understand, he is working on it but some of the tracks have long standing schedule ......
"10/10ths does Road Atlanta...."

That has a nice ring to it!
Old 08-03-2011, 02:11 PM
WNeal
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In Veteran VII
Cruise-In Veteran VIII
"Slower Azz Dog"
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Originally Posted by Rob Willis
"10/10ths does Road Atlanta...."

That has a nice ring to it!
Possibly

Thanks guys for the nice comments and the feedback. It is greatly appreciated
Bill
Old 08-03-2011, 03:11 PM
sothpaw2
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by southern_son
From what I understand, he is working on it but some of the tracks have long standing schedule commitments that make it difficult to get in. :
I bet he could get some time at Summit very easily. There are fewer orgs running there then last year. The only groups that offer consistent events there (more than 1 per year) are NASA and PCA Potomac.

Look forward to another 10/10ths whenever I can get there!
Old 08-03-2011, 05:27 PM
C5-vette
Racer

Is Brainerd International Raceway a possibility?
Nice long front straight, 3.1 miles long. Could maybe do the 2.5 mile course after lunch for the ultimate experience! Just thought I should mention it. It really is a fun track. (both configurations).
Old 08-03-2011, 06:41 PM
Datawiz
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 320 Likes on 152 Posts
CI-7-8-9-10 Veteran
Cruise-In IX AutoX Winner
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11,'19,'22
St. Jude/CI Name Tag Designer

Originally Posted by WNeal
Possibly

Thanks guys for the nice comments and the feedback. It is greatly appreciated
Bill
Bill is a 1st class individual and always has been. He is a brilliant businessman and has brought that knowledge forward into track events.

BTW, you still owe me a wax job.

I will make it to one of your events in the next 12 months.

Miss you my friend.

Old 08-03-2011, 06:51 PM
WNeal
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In Veteran VII
Cruise-In Veteran VIII
"Slower Azz Dog"
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Originally Posted by Datawiz
Bill is a 1st class individual and always has been. He is a brilliant businessman and has brought that knowledge forward into track events.

BTW, you still owe me a wax job.

I will make it to one of your events in the next 12 months.

Miss you my friend.

Wax job ???
You must have mistaken me for someone else
Old 08-03-2011, 06:54 PM
Datawiz
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 320 Likes on 152 Posts
CI-7-8-9-10 Veteran
Cruise-In IX AutoX Winner
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11,'19,'22
St. Jude/CI Name Tag Designer

Originally Posted by WNeal
Wax job ???
You must have mistaken me for someone else
What? Have you gotten faster?
Old 08-03-2011, 07:46 PM
Autobahn93
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

10/10th Motorsports is
well run and lots of track time
Old 08-03-2011, 08:48 PM
red1vette
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

10/10ths is amazing--Bill is a stand up guy, and has answered all my questions patiently!! Myself and my small group had a blast at Putnam last Saturday and are hooked! thanks again Bill for what you do.

Get notified of new replies

To 10/10ths Motorsports – Nobody Does It Better !!!