Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where are you buying Motul 600 brake fluid

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 06:08 PM
mooney201
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Where are you buying Motul 600 brake fluid

I am in Northern Ca., and will be replacing our rotors and pads, so it is a good time to replace the brake fluid. Any suppliers in Northern California? So far the closest place I found is in Southern California.
Also,, I have read that it takes 4 500ml bottles to completely replace existing fluid on a 2002 C5.... Is this true?
Motul RBF 600 Dot 4 is what I have read in the sticky's that works well on a road course.
Thanks
Old 08-02-2011, 06:25 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,101 Likes on 715 Posts

Actually, you might just try valvoline syntec 4 at first. If you notice any brake fade, then go to ATE 200 (amber or blue). Then, if you have brake fade, consider Castrol SRF and just hope you don't have to open a brake line somewhere necessitating full system bleed.

What year 201? Had a '69 chaparral here.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:48 PM
dbratten
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by mooney201
I am in Northern Ca., and will be replacing our rotors and pads, so it is a good time to replace the brake fluid. Any suppliers in Northern California? So far the closest place I found is in Southern California.
Also,, I have read that it takes 4 500ml bottles to completely replace existing fluid on a 2002 C5.... Is this true?
Motul RBF 600 Dot 4 is what I have read in the sticky's that works well on a road course.
Thanks
I bought a case of the RBF600 through Amazon from Hoerr Racing Products. A local speed shop was selling it for twice as much but that may not always be the case.

I normally use a bottle to bleed prior to a HPDE and two to clear most of the system when I feel it needs it. I don't flush the ABS.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:47 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 833 Likes on 594 Posts

I run Motul RBF 600 and get it at a local performance motorcycle shop for about $18 per 500 ml bottle.

I think you should get a good full system flush with 3 bottles.

Opened bottles have a short shelf life - probably not more than a couple weeks or a month. However, if you get 4 bottles and don't need to open the 4th one, it should last on the shelf for a good long while.

So.....call around to some local motorcycle shops and you might find some!!

Bob
Old 08-02-2011, 10:59 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I order by the case through Randy@DRM ... I'm in NorCal, too...
Old 08-02-2011, 11:11 PM
Dirk Miller
Burning Brakes

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

Default call Monty @ LPI Racing in Livermore

Originally Posted by mooney201
Thanks
Monty has it @ LPI Racing in Livermore. He drives a C5 and is really down to earth. He and his brother Steve have helped me outfit my '08 C6. These guys are good ol boys originally came from Montana. They won't lead anyone off the driven line. PHONE: (925)292-5522
Old 08-03-2011, 12:02 AM
mooney201
Pro

Thank you all for the great information.. I will be ordering 4 bottles tomorrow.

Thanks again
Old 08-03-2011, 01:00 AM
spdislife
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

I think 2 pints will thoroughly bleed the entire system. When you think about it the master cylinder is where the vast majority of the fluid is. The lines and the the calipers would have the rest. With newer pads I can't see more being necessary. When I bleed in between track events I run a pint through the system and have had no problems.

Regarding price I do a google search and see who has the best deal.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:33 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Motorcycle Speed shop may carry Motul. Just dont by synthetic brake fluid
Old 08-03-2011, 08:22 AM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,101 Likes on 715 Posts

As far as bleeding all the fluid, it takes almost half of the entire bleed to get out the old from the RR of the total. Then almost a third of the remaining half at each of the other three corners on a C5. It was easy to determine this by swiching from ATE amber to ATE blue. If you use a pressure bleeder, you may not want to pump it up past 10psi. If the ignition switch is not on, which it should not be, then the ABS solenoids are not energized and you might unintentionally open a valve. (?, speculation, anyway). If you suspect ABS has some air, just take it out on the road and try to lock it up at safe speed to purge the unit. Then bleed again. Before pressure bleeding, pump pedal, without power, to scavenge the last of residual vacuum then bleed. I don't use the real expensive stuff anymore. Been there, done that - too many times. I find valvoline or ATE serve my purposes well. Important thing is to do it right before event in order to assure minimum water absorption. Do not over torque the bleed screws. They are soft and only require a minimum torque in order to not distort the seat.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:37 AM
mfquinn
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

R/A Hoerr thru Amazon. Bought a case, best price I could find anywhere for the Motul 600
Old 08-03-2011, 03:12 PM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

14.95 pint at LTB motorsports

http://ltbautosports.com/motuloilfluid.html
Old 08-03-2011, 03:50 PM
mooney201
Pro

Originally Posted by Dirk Miller
Monty has it @ LPI Racing in Livermore. He drives a C5 and is really down to earth. He and his brother Steve have helped me outfit my '08 C6. These guys are good ol boys originally came from Montana. They won't lead anyone off the driven line. PHONE: (925)292-5522
You are exactly right... I just got off the phone with Monty, and he was very helpful and friendly. Great guy.... I recommend him to everyone. He took the time to give me some great advice about Thunderhill, and gave me a great price on the fluid and a machine to remove the brake fluid using only one person.

Get notified of new replies

To Where are you buying Motul 600 brake fluid

Quick Reply: Where are you buying Motul 600 brake fluid