Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Helmet Rental

Old 09-21-2011, 09:37 PM
DannyBoyC6
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Helmet Rental

Here's a question I hope will have a simple answer:

I'm doing my first HPDE at Motorsport Ranch in Cresson, TX in a month, and have paid the $10 for a helmet rental. Am I going to get a smelly old helmet that's gross to wear all day? I was hoping to rent one the first time, see how much I like / dislike the weight and fit, and then buy one for the next event(s) -- assuming I'm instantly addicted to road courses.

Thanks!
Old 09-21-2011, 10:43 PM
whatcop?
Le Mans Master

Location: Daytona Beach/ Atlanta---- Good Ol' Florida Boy/ Georgia
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by DannyBoyC6

I'm doing my first HPDE at Motorsport Ranch in Cresson, TX in a month, and have paid the $10 for a helmet rental. Am I going to get a smelly old helmet that's gross to wear all day? I was hoping to rent one the first time, see how much I like / dislike the weight and fit, and then buy one for the next event(s) -- assuming I'm instantly addicted to road courses.

Thanks!
Find a helmet shop and try them on and then go online and order one. I bought my open face for $85 shipped to my door.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:28 AM
Bills Z06
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by DannyBoyC6

Thanks!
Chances are the helmet you rent won't be a brand new one, so yes, it's probably going to be one that has seen a lot of track time.

I agree with whatcop, find a speed shop that sells helmets in your area and spend some time in there trying on different brands. They all have a slightly different feel.

Get notified of new replies

To Helmet Rental

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Helmet Rental