Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Correct way to hook up this Setrab?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 11:06 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Correct way to hook up this Setrab?

Cooler has 3 ports on it? 2 have -an12 male ends which I assume I am to use, but one is on the top and the other is on the bottom. The third has a plug which appears to be -an10? My too small B&M has both ports on bottom. Pics:

[IMG][/IMG]

White ends are the -12an . The black is the -10an. Should I run both lines out the bottom, or is the Setrab made to go in one side and out the other? Found nothing on the Setrab website. Thoughts?
Old 09-22-2011, 11:09 PM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Someone may have added that port on the bottom (the side with the one port) to drain the cooler for oil changes? Most I know, myself included, don't bother unhooking a line to drain the cooler at all.

You want the cooler to be mounted with the side w/ the two ports facing up. That way the oil fills the cooler and you get max cooling. If you mounted the ports down the oil would take the path of least resistance and go through the lower part of the cooler only.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:04 AM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

So I will need to close the port on the single side with a fitting, and switch the bottom one to a -10an. I went and looked at my current one and it has the ports on the bottom.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:07 AM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

You want to mount it ports up.... DRM 625 kit...

Get notified of new replies

To Correct way to hook up this Setrab?

Quick Reply: Correct way to hook up this Setrab?