Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wide angle mirrors?

Old 09-25-2011, 02:08 AM
harrydirty
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Default Wide angle mirrors?

For those of you that use wide angle mirrors in your track c6z's, how do you attach it to the OEM rear view mirror? The OEM mirror has a deep profile with no lip or ridge, so most mirrors brackets are not deep enough, and cannot grab an edge.

Any suggestions appreciated.......oh, I drive my c6z to the track, so I need to remove the wide angle mirror for regular street duty.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:41 AM
BERETTA
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 113 Likes on 78 Posts

The I/O Port Panaramic clip on should work, I am trying one over my C5Z mirror. I think the mirrors are the same. The upper part of the mount fits into the little grove at the top of the mirror and the bottom clamps around, it has two screws to tighten it up. I have tried the All View but I think this mirror has an even wider angle of view.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:16 PM
harrydirty
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Hmmmm......I'll look again but I'm pretty sure my mirror does not have a groove on top. I was feeling the top last night to see if there was any groove or lip that would provide purchase to any clip trying to "grab" on, but it was just a smooth surface.

I have the I/O Port panaramic mirror, but I found that the clamp does not open wide enough to encompass the top-to-bottom of the mirror. I also found that the tabs that provide threads for the screws will probably scratch the OEM mirror, so I had to flatten them out and put some rubber piece so the screw heads will not contact the OEM mirror as well.

I'm thinking of devising some elastic pieces that will attach to the metal clamp (minus the pivoting bottom clamp and screws) or perhaps using using tie wraps. I'll keep experimenting, but would appreciate any suggestions from members who have successfully solved this problem.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:30 PM
2 GTOs
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '11-'12

I was able to get the all view one to fit. Had it on for 2 HPDEs so far.

I did run a zip tie though th bracket and around the mirror mount just in case.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:06 AM
BERETTA
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 113 Likes on 78 Posts

I went out and checked the mirror in the C6Z it is very similar to the C5 mirror. There is a very thin parting line about 1/4 inch back from the mirror, the mounting clamps that come with the panoramic view miror or very thin metal, these will fit into these small parting lines. Also with the screws adjusted out you can slide the mirror over your mirror from the side and it will fit. Hope this makes sense

Get notified of new replies

To Wide angle mirrors?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wide angle mirrors?