Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Amy Ruman wins Trans-Am at RA in Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 06:56 PM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Amy Ruman wins Trans-Am at RA in Corvette

At a girl Amy, 1st woman to do it in 45 years. Great to see this and I hope she gets good exposure out of it, cause she can drive.

We grew up together watching our fathers race mid-year Corvettes all over. Then Bob let her try her hand in SCCA GT1 and then a Trans-Am race. Needless to say, that was the last time her dad got to drive cause she kicked him out.

Congrats!!!!

Aaron
Old 09-30-2011, 08:05 PM
Tech Contributor

Location: I tend to be leery of any guy who doesn't own a chainsaw or a handgun.
Received 768 Likes on 550 Posts

Old 09-30-2011, 08:08 PM
BuckeyeZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by rasrboy
At a girl Amy, 1st woman to do it in 45 years. Great to see this and I hope she gets good exposure out of it, cause she can drive.

We grew up together watching our fathers race mid-year Corvettes all over. Then Bob let her try her hand in SCCA GT1 and then a Trans-Am race. Needless to say, that was the last time her dad got to drive cause she kicked him out.

Congrats!!!!

Aaron
Hooah! Way to go, Amy!
Old 10-01-2011, 09:57 AM
bosco022
Drifting

Received 79 Likes on 41 Posts

I was there with Lee Arnold and his TA2 entry, we had fuel pick up problems just 6 laps into the race.

Amy ran in the top three all race and got it done when the chips were on the line.
Great job, Amy is a FINE racer period, and not just "for a female."

A couple of our V8 StockCar regulars had excellents results, with Ricky Sanders coming home second in TA2 and Cameron Lawrence third in TA2 in his first time racing at Road Atlanta. Lawrence, just 20 years old, is very talented and will make some noise in SCCA racing.

Howe Camaro's ran 1-2-3 for much of the TA2 race, with Road Atlanta master Bob Stretch, Mike Skeen and Tom Sheehan running mostly in that order.

Last edited by bosco022; 10-01-2011 at 10:00 AM.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:49 AM
BuckeyeZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

I spoke with Bob, Amy's father, and Amy late last night. To say there was a party in the "ATL" is an understatement. I've always said the car doesn't know what the gender is on the driver, and I've never thought of Amy as a "female racer." She's jsut a racer. And I'm proud to know her and her family. They treat me VERY well. Class, class people.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:30 PM
parkerracing
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Posted on fb and I'll post it here, Congrats Amy! Hey Bob (proud papa)

Get notified of new replies

To Amy Ruman wins Trans-Am at RA in Corvette

Quick Reply: Amy Ruman wins Trans-Am at RA in Corvette