Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone doing VIR this weekend with SVT/Cobra club?

Old 10-14-2011, 10:03 AM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Anyone doing VIR this weekend with SVT/Cobra club?

Only saw about 6 vettes signed up. I went last year and it was a blast. I know I have a Z06, but the Shelbys and Cobras do look pretty good. Last year the Ford factory guys brought some of their new track special cars you can buy right off the showroom. Weren't in my class so not sure how fast they are but Car and Driver liked them. Got bumped to Advanced class this year. It is hard to dominate Intermediate class when your are in advanced. Just hope I don't hold anyone up. Anyone going to be there?
Old 10-14-2011, 10:50 AM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Make sure you battle hard and win the HPDE trophy for Corvette. Do you have your Titanium lug nuts ready to go?

Seriously though... VIR is beautiful this time of year. Was there last weekend with NASA and it was perfect in the low 70s.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:39 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll be there......not on the track, but instructing the autocross school on the skid pad....
Old 10-14-2011, 12:47 PM
Jason
Team Owner

CI 4-5-6-7 Veteran

Great group. Would live to run with them again.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:02 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by travisnd
Make sure you battle hard and win the HPDE trophy for Corvette. Do you have your Titanium lug nuts ready to go?

Seriously though... VIR is beautiful this time of year. Was there last weekend with NASA and it was perfect in the low 70s.
Just don't want to hold anyone up. Haven't got the titanium lug nuts yet, but when I find a good deal on a used set, I am in! I did get my DRM ducts (bought used) intalled, plus newly painted calipers (bought used) with DRM ss pistons(new) and new seals and finally got the SETRAB(new) oil cooler installed. It is a tight fit under the shroud. Hopefully no leaks or oil temp issues.

Originally Posted by RAFTRACER
I'll be there......not on the track, but instructing the autocross school on the skid pad....
Any chance you can do a couple of laps in my car to benchmark some times for the car? I would be honored (and so would my car)!

I have like 2 pages of notes from last month from riding with Norbert. A lot to work on. I got family coming in Sat night so I can only do 1 day though.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:16 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great group to run with and great time of year to be there. Wish I could but working on my shop still this weekend.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:42 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by waddisme
Just don't want to hold anyone up. Haven't got the titanium lug nuts yet, but when I find a good deal on a used set, I am in! I did get my DRM ducts (bought used) intalled, plus newly painted calipers (bought used) with DRM ss pistons(new) and new seals and finally got the SETRAB(new) oil cooler installed. It is a tight fit under the shroud. Hopefully no leaks or oil temp issues.

Any chance you can do a couple of laps in my car to benchmark some times for the car? I would be honored (and so would my car)!

I have like 2 pages of notes from last month from riding with Norbert. A lot to work on. I got family coming in Sat night so I can only do 1 day though.
I will see, probably depends on when our school is breaking for lunch, or over and what your on track schedule is. Come over to the skid pad and find me or ask for me , and we will see if we are able........ I think that autocrossing on a 400 square foot pad is going to leave me more than a little frustrated....I could probably use the break from that.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:42 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Awesome
Old 10-14-2011, 05:09 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

I think Jamie will be instructing with his DSOM C6Z with aero
Old 10-14-2011, 05:16 PM
drivinhard
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by waddisme
you've done it now
Old 10-14-2011, 08:49 PM
RonnieM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll be there for Saturday only. I'm in the blue 04 Z06 in orange group. I would like to see those notes you have

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone doing VIR this weekend with SVT/Cobra club?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone doing VIR this weekend with SVT/Cobra club?