Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A&A Corvette autocross videos. 12/10-11/2011..

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 05:00 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Default A&A Corvette autocross videos. 12/10-11/2011..

This is the last event of the year. Took my car to Auto Club Speedway for Saturday's practice. On my 4th. lap, I turned in a 48.7 second run. 12 laps later, I still couldn't match that time again. I tried everything I could, but no success. Usually, I only get better as the day goes on. Not a big deal. Still top time of the day. 1st. overall out of 70 cars.

Sunday's race was a good turn out. 13 cars in class. My first two laps in Hodges stock Corvette was not my best showing. I always visualize the last lap I did, and make mental notes on where the mistakes were. I had a plan. 3rd. lap was very good with just a few mistakes. My 4th. lap was even better, but I hit a cone right near the finish line. I hate when that happens. My 3rd. lap was good enough for 2nd. place.

Steve A.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:28 AM
vette6500
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hitting best times so quickly is the key for race days, right?
That 48.7 sec run looks super hectic on the inside.
It was a pleasure to finally see your car running in person, because it looks even more insane watching it fly through the first set of slaloms up the slope. (sort of looked comical, the way it moved like it's on fast forward...)

Here is a video of my best of the day, run#16 @ 54.769 secs.
Worked down from 61~62 sec to 55~57 sec, then finally broke 55 sec when I completely turned off AH/TC for the first time ever from run#15.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coiM0qa5WvU
Watching side by side with your video, mine looks like it's playing in slow motion. I think you are already on top of the slopes before I even start entering the slaloms.

See you on the next practice.
Q
Old 12-14-2011, 08:31 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Hey Q,
Your run looks real good. You'll be faster with no TC/AH. You should come out and race with us. SK1. You can change shocks, one of the swaybars, catback, and the tires have to have a 180 treadwear or higher. See you soon.

Steve A.

Get notified of new replies

To A&A Corvette autocross videos. 12/10-11/2011..

Quick Reply: A&A Corvette autocross videos. 12/10-11/2011..