Notices
Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What race seats fit in a C5 Z06?

Old 07-02-2012, 05:12 PM
[email protected]
Former Vendor

Want to bring this back, looking for a lightweight seat for daily driving and drag racing.

I have Wolfe Roll 6 point in the car and was wondering if anyone has any experience with a race seat with the door bar.

I was looking at the Corbeau Forza or the Clubman?
Old 07-02-2012, 11:43 PM
repman
CF Senior Member

I like the Racetech seats good support and comfortable. Here are mine in my FRC mounted on alum brackets I am 6'3" 260 and they fit well with good headroom.
Attached Images   

Last edited by repman; 07-02-2012 at 11:45 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:28 AM
Anthony Stark
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '12

I have a set of Caravaggio Race Seats available.
Red with the Z06 logo stitched. Custom made for a Z06 Vert.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:56 PM
JeremyGSU
CF Senior Member

I have a Sparco Evo 2+ on Hardbar seat rails. I was able to retain the stock seatbelts with this setup. I had to trim the front right corner of the seat slightly to get it to fit.

Name:  facebook_-1743537518jpg.jpg
Views: 1792
Size:  39.4 KB
Old 07-03-2012, 07:03 PM
JoeyG
CF Senior Member

Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Want to bring this back, looking for a lightweight seat for daily driving and drag racing.

I have Wolfe Roll 6 point in the car and was wondering if anyone has any experience with a race seat with the door bar.

I was looking at the Corbeau Forza or the Clubman?
Not quite what you were looking for but heres my Ultrasheild full containment seat. I've driven over 3 k miles in this setup with my caged Vette.

Name:  DSC02478.jpg
Views: 1385
Size:  52.2 KB
Old 07-21-2012, 09:25 PM
Sebring27
CF Senior Member

Default Cobra Question

Originally Posted by Scooter70 View Post
Suzuka Pro GT (the wider model), also with Hardbar mount, here.

Hi, Hope you do not mind me asking but I have decided on a Cobra Suzuka Pro ( NOT GT) for my Z06. Could you tell me how these actually mount to the car, do I need to specify a special bracket? Do they fit to the existing rails ?
Sorry I am a novice and therefore on a learning curve !

Very grateful if you could pass me a little knowledge !
Thanks
RH
Old 07-22-2012, 03:45 PM
vms4evr
CF Senior Member

Racetech full containment seat with Hardbar rail kit, Schroth 6-points, Pfadt roll bar. Fits great. No rubbing with carpet interior and door panels installed. Now I removed the interior even better. I'm 6ft and easily have enough leg room. Not as hefty on the weight as most of you boys so width is a non-issue.

Have a regular Corbeau Forza on passenger side on sliders. They're fine for bang for buck but they are not comfortable. Had an FX1 Pro on the drivers side and it rubbed the door a bit. Never liked it.
Old 11-25-2016, 04:50 PM
TheBearss

Default Interested in corbeau racing seats

I have a C5 z06 and would like more aggressive seats. I really like the corbeau seats from what I've read. Questions: what models fit the best? Do I need extra equipment or hardware in order to install them? What is the price range? How comfortable are they? Lower back and bolster support?
Old 11-25-2016, 08:19 PM
FASTFATBOY
CF Senior Member

I have a 18 inch Kirkey Intermediate road race seat in mine. I had to bend the shoulder ear of the seat a little to clear the door.
Old 11-25-2016, 09:41 PM
Dan H.
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '17

Your tall, so you'll need to get the seat as low as it can mount in the car. I have sparco evo 2us models with mti rails. They are a nice upgrade over stock. I wasn't even close to being able to retain the stick 3pt belt. I know that Jeremy was able to and he shared his post with me. I wasn't able to duplicate it. If you search my name you can see my write ups on my install. People that are shorter and can mount the seat higher get pretty easy installs and can keep stock belts. As soon as the seat is on the floor it gets really tough unless your skinny and can get a slimmer seat.

You'll need the anchors under the seat and a harness bar to complete mounting a 5 or 6 point harness setup.
Old 11-26-2016, 07:48 AM
[email protected] Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

If you're buying seats primarily for track duty I'd stay away from Corbeau. Yes they're cheap, but everyone I've been in has flexed side to side an uncomfortable amount. Point of a racing seat is to lock you in place and the Corbeaus just have too much lateral flex.

Originally Posted by TheBearss View Post
I have a C5 z06 and would like more aggressive seats. I really like the corbeau seats from what I've read. Questions: what models fit the best? Do I need extra equipment or hardware in order to install them? What is the price range? How comfortable are they? Lower back and bolster support?
Old 11-26-2016, 12:05 PM
TheBearss

Originally Posted by [email protected] Motorsport View Post
If you're buying seats primarily for track duty I'd stay away from Corbeau. Yes they're cheap, but everyone I've been in has flexed side to side an uncomfortable amount. Point of a racing seat is to lock you in place and the Corbeaus just have too much lateral flex.
Thank you for the advice!
Old 11-26-2016, 12:13 PM
FASTFATBOY
CF Senior Member

I am 5' 11" and 300 lbs. I mounted my Kirkey directly to a planted mount. The seat is about an inch off the floor. I've had some 6' 3" guys sit in my car with plenty of room with a helmet on.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What race seats fit in a C5 Z06?

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: