Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone using the gtech pro RR??

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 11:25 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

Default anyone using the gtech pro RR??

looks like a cool device just picked one up off ebay

even has free software. it looks comparable to a traqmate hopefully without spending a grand

http://www.gtechpro.com/rr_fanatic.html
Old 04-04-2012, 12:28 AM
JRL
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by dvandentop

even has free software. it looks comparable to a traqmate hopefully without spending a grand

I tried one, had a lot of problems, not good quality. Sent it back and got my money back.
I bought a Vbox Performance Box.

-----------
John
Old 04-04-2012, 11:37 AM
sebdavid
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AiM Solo another possibility in the lower price range.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:03 PM
MJM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one and tried it out around town. Seems to work well, we'll see when I get it to the track.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:52 AM
X25
Sr.Random input generator
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,465 Likes on 1,022 Posts

The original one was a pretty decent product. This new one looks like a rip off. I made a search for reviews, and surprisingly could not find even one review from any reputable site for this new model (the old, much better looking device has reviews from 2005s). Then I started reading customer reviews on Amazon and Google Shopping, and it quickly became clear that it is just not worth its money.

I almost bought a Performance box, but then changed my mind and settled on Trackmaster app for my Android phone. Like any decent system, this app also uses GPS + acc sensors, and I heard it generates pretty good results. What's more, if the internal 1 Hz GPS sensor does not provide good enough results, you can just buy a 10Hz bluetooth GPS device (for $20-30) and let is use that device instead. The price: $7.99

I forgot to mention: it also creates data log files, which you can use with free software to overlay on your track video. I intend to use all that for the first time this Sunday during my first track day of the season.

Last edited by X25; 04-06-2012 at 05:55 AM.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:04 AM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by Ozer
The original one was a pretty decent product. This new one looks like a rip off. I made a search for reviews, and surprisingly could not find even one review from any reputable site for this new model (the old, much better looking device has reviews from 2005s). Then I started reading customer reviews on Amazon and Google Shopping, and it quickly became clear that it is just not worth its money.

I almost bought a Performance box, but then changed my mind and settled on Trackmaster app for my Android phone. Like any decent system, this app also uses GPS + acc sensors, and I heard it generates pretty good results. What's more, if the internal 1 Hz GPS sensor does not provide good enough results, you can just buy a 10Hz bluetooth GPS device (for $20-30) and let is use that device instead. The price: $7.99

I forgot to mention: it also creates data log files, which you can use with free software to overlay on your track video. I intend to use all that for the first time this Sunday during my first track day of the season.

the track master creates the data files? might have to give it a whirl
Old 04-07-2012, 01:32 AM
Grabbed_Crow_Mobe
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Ozer

Been using trackmaster for a while now. Great app but I’ve had mixed results with the internal GPS on my phone (HTC Incredible). The developer of the trackmaster app recommended the Qstarz BT-Q818X as a well-priced external GPS unit ($55). I have one on order and will give it a shot on May 5th. If I can get accurate log data, the trackmaster app is definitely the way to go for the price!
Old 04-07-2012, 03:05 PM
Z06VENOM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am on my second season with one and no problems so far. I like it.

Get notified of new replies

To anyone using the gtech pro RR??

Quick Reply: anyone using the gtech pro RR??