Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hydroboost brakes without abs= nice flat spots on tires

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 11:51 PM
thetoy
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Hydroboost brakes without abs= nice flat spots on tires

I finally got the car back together with a new 468 small block and a new solid rearend with the 3 link watts system on the c4. I have been running the hydroboost brake system for about 5 years with abs brakes and have loved the way the car would stop. With the new rear end I lost my abs system and today I did my first autocross with no abs and the hydroboost and it sucked. My car now hauls *** but I'm having a he'll of a time trying to stop it. I put nice flat spots on all four 335 tires. I have a bias valve on the car but with the hydroboost it was all or nothing on the front tires or the rear tires. There is no feel withthe brakes now. Does anyone know of a good manual brake system for a c4 car. One other thing I now have coil overs in the rear and the stock fx3 shock in the front that now aren't adjustable any more. The car was handling great just can't get it to stop.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:36 PM
thetoy
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Anyone here try a manual system with a balance bar setup? If so what system did you go with.

Quick Reply: Hydroboost brakes without abs= nice flat spots on tires