Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 04:01 PM
crease-guard
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Exhaust Recommendations

I've got a C5Z dedicated track car I got a year ago. Been doing HPDE and track days at MSR in Cresson for the last year. I'm about to buy a trailer and start venturing to other tracks, some of which will have sound limitation issues I will have to try and abide by. My problem is the car came with a cat delete full on straight pipe. It's loud, sounds like a race car and I like it. I usually put some bubble gum ear plugs in when I run.

Which leads me to my dilemma and that's the sound level inside and outside the car. Makes it hard to hear the instructor and it will be to loud for some tracks.

I would like to find an easy on, easy off exhaust that is inexpensive but will still keep the sound level under what I need to run at most sound restricted tracks. I could care less what it looks or sounds like. I would only keep it on, for the most part, at sound restricted tracks and prehaps during HPDEs with an instructor.

Any suggestions?
Old 06-12-2012, 04:11 PM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Just put some Z06 OEM titanium mufflers on it and call it a day. Nice tone w/o being obnoxiously loud, very light, relatively easy to find cheap on the forums, and doesn't leave any power on the table.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Recommendations