Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heinricy to drive Grand-Am Corvette at RA next week

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 03:00 PM
clubracer6
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Heinricy to drive Grand-Am Corvette at RA next week

Pretty cool, wish I could go watch!

Encore: Heinricy to Defend Road America GT VictoryLast year John Heinricy helped lead Marsh Racing to their first GT victory in the in augural Rolex Sports Car Series 250 Driven by VISITFLORIDA.com. He's been called back for an encore this year at Road America.by 6/14/2012 0 1
Marsh Racing has called John Heinricy back for an encore at Road America.

Last year, the veteran racer helped the team to its first GT victory in the inaugural Rolex Sports Car Series 250 Driven by VISITFLORIDA.com, co-driving with Eric Curran in GRAND-AM’s return to the historic circuit in Elkhart Lake, Wis.

Heinricy was filling in for team regular Boris Said, who was at Sonoma competing in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.

Next weekend, Said will be in California, driving for Frank Stoddard in NASCAR’s premier division. The choice of a substitute driver was easy for team owner Ted Marsh – who is looking to repeat last year’s results.

“John has driven thousands of miles in Corvettes, so obviously, he understands the car,” Marsh said. “He gives good feedback and is a great asset. We’re very excited to have him back in our lineup this year.”

Heinricy said last year’s event was the first time he raced with a sequential gearbox.

“This is a step up from the car’s I’ve raced recently,” the former General Motors engineer said at last year’s event. “This reminds me of the old Camel GTO cars. Boris and Eric know what they’re doing, so filling in is pretty easy for me.”

The victory came in Heinricy’s 10th Rolex Series race. He also has competed in 14 Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge races, scoring three podium finishes.

The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series conflict will also force Said from competing in the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge, where he drives the No. 97 Turner Motorsport BMW M3 with Michael Marsal. Team owner Will Turner said Ben Clucas will fill in for Said at Road America. This will be Clucas’ second substitute drive with the team this season. He filled in for Bill Auberlen at New Jersey Motorsports Park in May, finishing 16th co-driving with Paul Dalla Lana.

Quick Reply: Heinricy to drive Grand-Am Corvette at RA next week