Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Registration for Daytona HPDE Dec 7-9

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 07:47 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 833 Likes on 594 Posts

Default Registration for Daytona HPDE Dec 7-9

I got an email from Henry Gilbert (forum ID: sgsvette) of Hooked On Driving that registration is now open for the HPDE December 7, 8, and 9.

http://www.hookedondriving.com/hooke...region/Florida

Scroll down to the bottom to see the Daytona event in Dec, and you can see that you can register for 1, 2, or all 3 days. Also, unlike past years, you can pick the 1 day or 2 days you want to drive if you aren't doing all 3.

I know that's a long way off, but it's also probably a long way down here for most of you, and requires some planning to open up your calendar to travel down here.

There have been several HPDE's here for the last 5 or so years - all in the fall.

PBOC has been putting one on in Oct, but I don't believe they accept novice drivers. Also, they have club racing in between the DE sessions, and when those guys tangle and need to get towed in, or they're cleaning up the track after some offs in the racing session, it cuts into the DE session. I've been to the PBOC events in the past and they are very good events.

There's an Italian marque event in Nov. I haven't attended One of these, but I think they like to attend wine parties and stand around in their red racing suits and talk about driving the track. Reportedly there are a lot of hot babes that are in the crowd of spectators at this event!!

PCA has also put on an event - but last year it was going to be the weekend after the Hooked On Driving event in Dec, and they cancelled due to lack of people signed up. I attended one several years ago and it was very well run.

The Hooked On Driving event has been co-sponsored with an Ohio Audi club for the last few years, and it is hands down the best HPDE run here. I think it's the only one that caters to true track novices.

It's very expensive to attend an HPDE here because it costs so much to rent the track!!

However, you'll get 4 good long 30 minute sessions each day, so you get plenty of track time.

We run the Rolex 24 road course, which includes almost the complete tri-oval and all the high banking:

If you want to fly in and drive one of Henry's track prepped cars, check out his Sports Car Driving Experience site or contact him through the contact info there or shoot a PM to his forum ID: sgsvette

Http://www.sportscardrivingexperience.com/schedule.php

So.....it's still quite a way off, but if Daytona is a place you've always been interested in running, start planning!!!

Bob

Last edited by BEZ06; 06-17-2012 at 07:50 PM.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:09 PM
sgsvette
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you Bob, I couldn't have said it better myself.

I might even bring my Prototype and drive around a few sessions. I love Daytona!

See you in December or maybe sooner.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:16 PM
WNeal
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In Veteran VII
Cruise-In Veteran VIII
"Slower Azz Dog"
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Originally Posted by sgsvette
Thank you Bob, I couldn't have said it better myself.

I might even bring my Prototype and drive around a few sessions. I love Daytona!

See you in December or maybe sooner.
Hi Henry,
The website list a deposit price of $850.00 / day
Is this the total for each day or is there more after holding the spot ??

Nothing I would love more than to bring the new stock car down.

Thanks
Bill
Old 06-17-2012, 08:34 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Hi Bill

I'm not Henry, but I think I can answer.

You might be looking at Henry's Sports Car Driving Experience site for that deposit you mentioned.

If you're going to bring your own car down, the total price for the event is either $450, $850, or $1250 - depending on whether you're running 1, 2, or all 3 days.

If you're going to drive one of Henry's Sports Car Driving Experience cars, then that's a lot more!!

Bob
Old 06-17-2012, 08:43 PM
WNeal
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In Veteran VII
Cruise-In Veteran VIII
"Slower Azz Dog"
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Originally Posted by BEZ06
Hi Bill

You might be looking at Henry's Sports Car Driving Experience site for that deposit you mentioned.

If you're going to bring your own car down, the total price for the event is either $450, $850, or $1250 - depending on whether you're running 1, 2, or all 3 days.

If you're going to drive one of Henry's Sports Car Driving Experience cars, then that's a lot more!!

Bob
Thanks Bob,
You just made this event much more affordable for me with that answer

I am going to start looking hard at the possibility

Last edited by WNeal; 06-17-2012 at 08:45 PM.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:45 PM
sgsvette
Pro

Hi Bill

Bob
Once again, thank you Bob.

Bill the deposit on the SCDE website is for the rental of a Corvette for one day, includes instructor and entry fee.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:42 PM
Steve_R
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,288 Likes on 1,399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

After missing BBORR this year due to a death in the family, I'm seriously considering this. The drive from here could be a bit nasty in Dec until we get quite a ways south, and it's a long drive from here (Mapquest says 2,084 miles ). Gotta think it over and see if the wife is game for a Dec vacation to FL.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:58 PM
JeremyGSU
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Hey, thanks for giving the heads up Bob!

If you've never run with the group or the track before are you dedicated to the novice group?

I've been running with Chin for sometime and instruct at a few tracks with them but have never been to Daytona other than watching races.

Jeremy
Old 06-18-2012, 05:46 AM
sgsvette
Pro

Jeremy, if you have never driven at Daytona you will need to start in the Beginner group so an instructor can show you the proper line.
The speeds are very high and it is important that you know where you need to be as there will be many cars on-track and passing rules are VERY important.
If you are planning to be there more than 1 day, I'm sure we can move you to Intermediate and then Advanced. You could even be Solo after the first few sessions.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:49 AM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Did my first 2 day with them last year. It was awesome and will definitely be there again this year barring complete car annihlation. I have done Charlotte for the past 4 years but will skip it for Daytona this year. I highly recommend to everyone. It is a great opportunity to get to see and feel the track and in Daytona in December.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:34 PM
JeremyGSU
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by sgsvette
Jeremy, if you have never driven at Daytona you will need to start in the Beginner group so an instructor can show you the proper line.
The speeds are very high and it is important that you know where you need to be as there will be many cars on-track and passing rules are VERY important.
If you are planning to be there more than 1 day, I'm sure we can move you to Intermediate and then Advanced. You could even be Solo after the first few sessions.
Not a problem! Sounds good. thanks.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:44 PM
79inSD
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob,
Sounds like a great time! I am planning on signing up for two days, just need to make sure my leave gets approved first. Do you think this will fill up fast?

Just moved to Fl from the Socal and cant wait to get on the tracks down here. Just signed up for Homestead!
Old 06-19-2012, 09:48 AM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 79inSD
Bob,
Sounds like a great time! I am planning on signing up for two days, just need to make sure my leave gets approved first. Do you think this will fill up fast?

Just moved to Fl from the Socal and cant wait to get on the tracks down here. Just signed up for Homestead!
Welcome to Florida!!

Hooked On Driving and several other groups run regularly throughout the year at Homestead, Palm Beach, and Sebring, but only in the fall at Daytona.

For the December event at Daytona I would try to register at least 60 days in advance - the organizations running events like these have to put up a LOT of money to rent the track and like to know as far in advance as possible how attendance is going to be.

However, you may be able to get in right close to the event date - but if it's your first time at Daytona and you need to be in the newbie run group, it could get filled up early.

I know I'll probably be getting signed up by August.

Bob
Old 06-20-2012, 07:17 PM
79inSD
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to Florida!!

Hooked On Driving and several other groups run regularly throughout the year at Homestead, Palm Beach, and Sebring, but only in the fall at Daytona.

For the December event at Daytona I would try to register at least 60 days in advance - the organizations running events like these have to put up a LOT of money to rent the track and like to know as far in advance as possible how attendance is going to be.

However, you may be able to get in right close to the event date - but if it's your first time at Daytona and you need to be in the newbie run group, it could get filled up early.

I know I'll probably be getting signed up by August.

Bob
Thanks for the info I will be a newbie there, so I will look to sign up early.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:10 AM
StKnoWhere
Tech Contributor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for the info Bob, I put this one on my calendar!

I never get tired of watching your Daytona video's, nice driving and the telemetry is great. ;-)
Old 10-29-2012, 09:11 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

I'm already signed up for all 3 days, but just got a reminder from Henry that there are still slots available:

....Famous Daytona International Raceway on December 7-9 for our 3 day event. We will also be at Homestead Speedway on Saturday December 8th. That's right, 2 HOD events on the same day at different tracks. Thanks to all the drivers that make this possible.

It's not too late to sign up for Daytona, we still have some openings available. If trailering your car to Daytona is too many days and miles on the road, you might consider renting a Corvette from:
www.sportscardrivingexperience.com
for an arrive and drive program to make it easier.

To all our East Coast drivers up North, we hope you are ready for hurricane Sandy. Be prepared and be safe, we wish you all the best dealing with this storm.

Henry Gilbert

http://www.hookedondriving.com
Phone: 1-800-453-5506

Like Henry says, if you can't drive all the way down here, fly in and drive one of his race prepped Vettes!!

How many forum members are planning on being here?

We should have a get-together at one of the nearby restaurants on Int'l Speedway Blvd Friday and/or Saturday night. If I know how many I can make arrangements for our group.

Bob
Old 11-01-2012, 07:18 PM
MA ZO6
Burning Brakes

Received 79 Likes on 41 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

I am signed up just for Sunday December 9th as I can only do one day at Daytona.

I can vouch for the "arrive and drive" cars that Henry has, I took advantage of them at Sebring and Palm Beach last year. Nothing like showing up and jumping in a track ready Corvette and having a pit crew to take care of any problems.

Look forward to seeing you again Bob, this cool weather will make a track day so much more enjoyable.

John

Last edited by MA ZO6; 11-02-2012 at 02:22 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Registration for Daytona HPDE Dec 7-9

Old 11-02-2012, 09:36 AM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

I broke a valve spring and now I need to get heads milled and motor cleaned out. Don't think I can make it now. So looking forward to going back. Ya'll have fun and post some pics and vids.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:17 AM
Don O.
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Daytona

Bob and Henry, all signed up again see you there!

Don
Old 11-02-2012, 12:31 PM
Screamin Z
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

We are thinking about this event. Havent pulled the trigger. Will be a long drive from missouri!

Quick Reply: Registration for Daytona HPDE Dec 7-9