Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 08:24 PM
moespeeds
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Header recommendations?

I was going to delete the cats and add an X pipe but after reading up it doesn't seem worth the effort unless you get headers. '00 LS1 stock besides the K&N air filter. The car is off road/track only. Keeping in mind that I'm in this for the long haul, and going forward I may start modding the engine for a little more HP, (nothing crazy) what headers can you guys recommend? Price is the number one concern.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:57 PM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

Most of the West Coast T1 racers are running LG Motorsports longtube headers. I've had my pro series headers for years and I'm happy with the results. They are also very light so you will remove some weight. Their street series headers are a lower cost option also.

Last edited by redtopz; 07-22-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:49 AM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 711 Likes on 492 Posts

LG. They have two versions depending on mods/power, but their system is the best. Anyone else that has a similar system simply copied Lou's design!
Old 07-22-2012, 09:28 AM
moespeeds
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah from what I'm reading the LG streets can run up to 450 HP which is more than enough for me. I'm running straight 2.5" pipes, I already deleted the mufflers. Any problem with just leaving off the hoops that go over the axle and just welding some 3" turndowns at the end of the mid-pipe? Aesthetics mean less than nothing to me. The car is only a tool to go faster.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:36 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

LGM Pro Headers
Old 07-22-2012, 02:06 PM
skyavonee
Melting Slicks

Received 112 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by moespeeds
Yeah from what I'm reading the LG streets can run up to 450 HP which is more than enough for me.
Uhh, they'll support far more than that... I promise you won't run into some imaginary wall in the vicinity of 450 hp.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:18 PM
6SPEEDZ
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by davidfarmer
LG. They have two versions depending on mods/power, but their system is the best. Anyone else that has a similar system simply copied Lou's design!
Actually Lou copied Wheel to Wheel's header. They were the first with that design. This is not uncommon in the header business. I used to work at a header shop installing all different brands and custom building them.

Get notified of new replies

To Header recommendations?

Quick Reply: Header recommendations?