Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Exhaust Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 03:30 PM
Last C5
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Need Exhaust Recommendations

I've got Borla Stingers and I need a something a little quieter to get under the 103 db sound limits that most tracks have now. I'm running a built motor with LTs, X pipe, and no cats. What are you guys getting by with???
Old 07-23-2012, 05:21 PM
alextz
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Me too. can always put the stock Ti system back on. might lose a little hp at top end.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:53 AM
Bad Karma
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Do you know how close you are to the limit? You could add a couple of resonators/small mufflers where the cats used to be if you just need yo quiet down a bit.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:03 PM
Last C5
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Bad Karma
Do you know how close you are to the limit? You could add a couple of resonators/small mufflers where the cats used to be if you just need yo quiet down a bit.
Mmmm, that is an economical plan. The limit is 103 dbs and they gave me a reading of 104 dbs the first time and 105 dbs the second time. I don't really know how much quieting that a 2 or 3 db reduction takes. I know that the sound readings are not linear, as 100 dbs is not twice as loud as 50 dbs, and that's about the end of my understanding.

What I was really hoping for was the name of a cat back system that's track proven to pass the sound test, but nobody is coming up with any answers.

Get notified of new replies

To Need Exhaust Recommendations

Quick Reply: Need Exhaust Recommendations