Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spring Rate ideas (coil-overs)

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 01:49 PM
vms4evr
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Spring Rate ideas (coil-overs)

Looking for some ideas on spring rates with my coil-overs.

It's a C5 Z06 that is mainly track duty car so street ride quality is not an issue.

I've put the car on a diet and; removed all interior, removed AC system under hood, converted factory manifolds and exhaust etc... I dropped a good 200+ lbs then added some weight back with the roll bar. The car was down to about 2900lbs. With driver and some gas it is right about 3100lbs.

Working on mounting a wing and splitter for some aero help. So jsut need to consider that.

Run Hoosiers all around, 18s. Either 295/315 or 315/335 setups.

What are you guys running and how do you like the setups. Need front/rear matched setups.

I have T1 and Hotchkis sway bar setups and running the Hotchkis now instead of the T1 bars.

Have been running 1st generation Pfadt coil-overs with whatever spring rate those came with. Now moving into Penske setup. All setups are SA coil-over, will not do DAs.

Ideas?
Old 07-30-2012, 02:04 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

I'm always changing my setup, but at this time, I'm 700 front. 650 rear. Hotchkis front bar, no rear. 2900 lbs. with driver. Autocross with Aero.

Steve A.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:54 PM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am with Mountainbiker2, that is about what I run. I have heard of people going even stiffer, but I just can't see why. My car is flat as a pancake in the corners, any stiffer and I'd be worried about performance on a less than perfect track surfaces.

Get notified of new replies

To Spring Rate ideas (coil-overs)

Quick Reply: Spring Rate ideas (coil-overs)