Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB, Looking for this Inj% & Air/Fuel gauge

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 03:44 PM
JDANNER
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB, Looking for this Inj% & Air/Fuel gauge

Help, built a new motor for SCCA road racing and am looking for this Injector Percentage - Air/Fuel Mixture dash monitor. It's made or was by EFI Systems, Inc. I believe they called it a INC Pwmonitor You can see it at this web site:http://www.trixters-racing.com/monitors.htm. I've emailed trixters-racing & they don't sell it anymore. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:08 PM
Aardwolf
Race Director

Received 370 Likes on 306 Posts

For the car in your avatar? Please post some more details/photos, it looks awesome!

I looked at your link and that is a wide band air/fuel gauge. For the price I would bet it is the display only and not the rather expensive wide band oxygen sensor included. Plus the display isn't that accurate.

I have an AEM unit installed in mine. From Summit it was around $180 which included the sensor. The numbered display is much more accurate!

It is the white gauge in this video:

Or a closer example:

When I installed mine I did my own tuning then checked it against a dyno just to be sure my A/F was accurate.

Injector % can be found with data logging. I use the free TunerPro R/T and a cable from Moates,net
Old 08-07-2012, 05:21 PM
JDANNER
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB, Injector% & air/Fuel ratio monitor

A buddy of mine is using the monitor with great success. I know I have to buy a wide band O2 sensor too but I was looking for both readings in real time. I'm still using the Tune Port set up but now that Touring Challenge for Corvettes is defunct I have more latitude as to what I can do. It helps in determining the duty cycle of the injectors. I was using 24lb injectors and I’m guessing I’ll need to bump up to 30lb so I don’t burn my new pistons. I now have a larger throttle body as well as the large tube runners and a very massaged intake. I’m still using the stock computer. I was hoping to find one of these monitors or something very similar. Thanks for your input, any help is appreciated. I’ll have to add some new pic’s since the blown motor and fire at Watkins Glen last year I’ve repainted the car since the back was melted pretty good. Here is a link to my YouTube channel, Enjoy. “No drivers or fans were hurt in the making of the movie…..the car, not so good.”

http://www.youtube.com/user/traktoyracing
Old 08-07-2012, 06:04 PM
Aardwolf
Race Director

Received 370 Likes on 306 Posts

Injector duty cycle you can just check once and forget about it. When I was tuning my combo I checked it and went with 46 pound injectors! I never thought I would have a set with that much flow. If you choose to use TunerPro R/T it will display it real time. Go for a WOT run and save it. I would check for free if you lived closer.

An online injector size calculator would be okay to. I think I had 28's in a combo similar to yours. If you don't do your own tuning the W/B isn't all that helpful. An injector size problem would also show on the dyno. If it were lean and more fuel commanded with no change it would be obvious.

Good video! If that ever happens to me I'll remember to get off track fast. The smoke looked terrible to see through and flames made it in the passenger side!

Get notified of new replies

To WTB, Looking for this Inj% & Air/Fuel gauge

Quick Reply: WTB, Looking for this Inj% & Air/Fuel gauge